General l'OM Discussion (R)

Discussion in 'Olympique de Marseille' started by MetroChile, Dec 6, 2009.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Yup even linked before they hired Baup.

Come on now, How perfect is that for OM ? The guy speaks French and he played at Toulouse. I have no idea why he wouldnt want to come to OM. OM's a bigger club than Gladbach so they should be able to satisfy his salary demands unless they arent really serious about winning and wanna go cheap which I hope isnt the case but of course it could be.

2. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    soccer clubs don't retire numbers. period.

OL retired foe's, but only temporarily. when makoun asked for it specifically he got it.

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    So bascially Labrune = idiot.

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    StarrMatthieu repped this.
  5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Saber Khalifa loaned to a Tunisian team. Nice to get rid of a bad Anigo signing.

7. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Who played in goal for l'OM on this game?

8. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Brice Samba, considered to be among OM's best prospects... also would be a French U-19 international

MetroChile repped this.
  9. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    So much for drogba returning to OM

10. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'm still surprised he'd want to go back to Chelsea. He left at the perfect time, so it's strange he would risk his legacy there by going back.

11. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    yep.. its better to die a hero than live and become a villian

i think he too knows he cant offer much, maybe its his leadership that they want..

12. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeah, it's definitely about his experience and leadership, but it's still an odd decision on his part. I can't imagine a better way to leave a club than the way in which he had left!

13. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  14. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Bielsa effect in full force.

15. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I take pre-season results with a pinch of salt.

16. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    well, there's still alen boksic*!

this drogba obsession is for me the defining essence of sardinitude. c'mon, the dude played one of his sixteen seasons at OM. a season in which marseille finished 7th. drogba is a legendary player, but his legend is at chelsea (whose fans voted him the club's all-time greatest), not at OM.

a couple of years ago vincent labrune** was quoted in le monde : "in the history of football i've never seen a player carry a club on his shoulders the way drogba did; oh yes! there was maradona in the 80's at naples..." o_O

you don't have to go far to find ammunition to show just how ridiculous this statement is: the very same season that drogba was at OM, djibril cissé bore auxerre on his shoulders to fourth place, finishing leading scorer (8 more pions than DD)... and he carried them that way for at least three seasons.

and that card plays both ways. because a few years later, when everyone outside the bouches-du-rhone had practically forgotten drogba had ever played for anyone except chelsea, cissé had a season for OM (in passing, let's note that djibril has played more matches for OM than didier) not far inferior to what drogba had done.

how to explain this fixation? the answer is in the realm of psychology, and has nothing to do with football.

*who put up almost exactly the same numbers in marseille as DD.

**whose transformation from attaché de presse in the parisian entertainment world to president of ohemme is a pretty good joke in itself.

17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    During Bielsa's press conference he said the club dicides the recruitment and not him. Not sure what the
    club means but basically when he arrived Labrune told everyone Bielsa had total control over recruitment/transfers and thats obviously not true so Labrune conned everybody. :oops: Biesla even said it wasnt he who decided Valbunea had to go as as anyone with a brain could have figured that out.

18. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Bielsa already clearly unhappy:

Between his explosive and at times divisive personality, and l'OM FO's incompetence, I don't see him remaining at the club after this season.

SportBoy333 repped this.
  19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I agree. Mendes is gone so they have to recruit 2 more defenders now and he cant even pick who he wants probably. Amalfitano would have been a useful bench player but they(OM management) want a cheap bench so they tell him to get lost so I dont blame Amalfitano for being angry. Labrune lied about him having total control over transfers.

20. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Loss today ... I don't think the coach is the problem .... If all coaches are failing then something is wrong with the management at the upper level ... Proper recruitment a are not being made to enable the team to win ..

SportBoy333 repped this.
  21. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    3 summer signings all offensive, no defensive players brought in. Bielsa doesnt have total control over transfers so the fault lies above him. They have 1 quality centre back. 1. I dont know why Lucas Mendes was sold. More terrible management.

22. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    So everything is fine between Bielsa and Labrune. :laugh: The second half against Evian certainly was entertaining. When OM moved forward, it was like a cavalry charge. I wonder how much the style will change when Bielsa is sacked and Gignac is sold. :(

23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    They will extend Gignac if they are truly serious about winning. Bielsa wont be sacked. Labrune knew what he was getting into when he signed him. I thought Rod Fanni sucked but bringing him back was a good idea since you didnt sign a replacement. Selling Lucas Mendes was still dumb dumb dumb and I still dont get that one.

24. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    Labrune doesn't make knee jerk decisions but Bielsa will be sacked. It's just a question of when. It's in his DNA.