General l'OM Discussion (R)

Discussion in 'Olympique de Marseille' started by MetroChile, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Philipp Lahm

Philipp Lahm Member+

Feb 24, 2010
    Russian Federation
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, bad game for us, and the ref and the GK costed you a draw, anyway it would have been hard for you in this form to play a good game in Munich even with a good result today. Cheers, and have a good championship.

2. mecat

mecat New Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Strange atmosphere in Marseille. Stadium not sold out, despite the reduced capacity due to the construction work.

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Supporters are angry. Dont blame them for not showing up. Bayren Munich would never ever go 7 straight games without a win.

4. Oort Cloud

Oort Cloud Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Marseille
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    OM management is to blame for this season. We could've gotten Marvin Martin and a qaulity LB, If we got rid of Gignac and Lucho this Summer. Now we will probably have to sell Remy, Mandanda, and Valbuena this Summer.

5. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Marvin Martin is a PSG fan, I doubt it. What is he doing this year by the way ? Not a lot ... Taking Morel and Diarra was a big mistake. I did not expect Morel to be that bad to be honest, thought it was going to be a clever move, but boy anyone who watched him last year knew that Diarra was completely done. Completely.

And Gignac yeah but it's hard to remember him these days, he's not really playing football anymore. Margarita is going to put 20m€ next year to cover 14m€ of losses so we won't be completely out of service, but we can't really expect any big signing.

6. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    I remember that Arte made an interesting reportage during the time Perrin was coaching Marseille where you could really see what was happening behind the scene, the transfers, the conflicts the player's sponsor and the one of the club, relationship with the fans...

From what I remember, it was interesting, I believe this is this reportage :

[ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5kw4l_allez-l-om-les-coulisses-de-l-olymp_sport"]allez l om les coulisses de l olympique de marseille P1 - Vidéo Dailymotion@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video@@AMEPARAM@@video[/ame]

The other parts are on the right side.

7. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  9. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  10. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Don't see the first 3 wanting to come to us.

11. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    mavuba neither. and though i'm not thrilled about it personally, nanar and marvin the martian are apparently making googooeyes at each other.

12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    since lucho is already gone i fear it is le petit matthieu.

what they really need is someone to put in morel's shoes who isn't morel.

13. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Need a ligue 2 homerun signing like Giroud from Tours or Drogba from Guingamp. I'll believe that 35M euro transfer chest when I see it. Might be better to spend that 35M on the youth academy too.

14. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    OM signed drogba from EAG when they were in D1 (top half of the table too); they're the ones who hit the homerun! they bought him from the MUC for chicken feed, he became one of the top scorers in the league from the get-go, and they re-sold him to OM for what was then top dollar.

15. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Guingamp was in L1 when Marseille signed him. Malouda was also in the team.

Edit : Guignol said it better than me. :p

FF

16. Oort Cloud

Oort Cloud Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Marseille
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    We will be amazed, If we key most our top players this Summer. We,ve to rebuild are youth academy, so money should be spent to bring the academy back.

MLD management of this club has been very bad. She must holding on to the club; inorder, to sell it when the club's value is highest after the velodrome renovation. Yes, OM would be a very attractive club for a foreign owner. In about 20 years, the velodrome capacity could research 80,000, with further renovation of the secondary stands, but the roof would've to be dismantled.

17. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    As long as the supporters will own the stands, this club won't have any value to anyone.

18. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    except to the fans. that's already not bad!

19. Oort Cloud

Oort Cloud Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Marseille
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The value of the team will increase by tens of millions of dollars, with completion of the new velodrome. Because of the big increase of revenue from new velodrome. The Qataris bought into PSG for the cheap. Believe me If MLD, puts OM up for sell at cheap price, many foreign investors will want to buy OM.

20. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    But the current owner will have to take back the stands from the fans. They have way too much power.

21. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why did Ayew glorify bayern in that way?
    He stated how he wouldve dreamed to play at bayern and praising them and all that, when there is still a battle to be finished..

I think that would be a little disrespectful to his current team...

Dont get me wrong, we would love to have him, just seemed a little wierd...

22. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Its not weird really. The difference between Bayern and OM is that Bayren as the biggest club in Germany gets to keep a lot of the top German players and OM as the biggest club in France doesnt get to keep the top French players. Ayew for example dreams of things bigger than OM and very few Bayren players dream of Real Madrid, Barca, EPL, Italy, etc. All I hear is how popular OM is in France and how great the fans are yet players always either want to leave or get forced out. Since OM is so popular I dont understand why they arent owned by people who are much richer. Surely someone whos one of the wealthiest people in all of France would want to own them but then again maybe not since French arent as passionate about soccer.

23. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I had enough of this crap, watched it on the stadium, on the TV, on radio, I can't bear it anymore, switching to Barça - Milan even though I don't care about any of those teams. Never in the past would I have missed a OM game.

24. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    They didnt build the team around Lucho like they should have. That was the mistake.

25. Oort Cloud

Oort Cloud Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Marseille
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Please, Lucho was very inconsistent when he was at OM. We should,ve got rid of him last Summer.

[