General l'OM Discussion (R)

Discussion in 'Olympique de Marseille' started by MetroChile, Dec 6, 2009.

1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    and don't forget ahnigaud...

yes, along with PSG never being able to come good until foreign investors threw a billion euros at the problem*, OM turning gold into straw is one of the wonders of our footballing age. with a stadium 50% bigger than gerland, and TF1 ready to roll out the carpet at every opportunity, JMA might have won the CL twice by now.

* five years down the road that will be the bottom line figure for the qataris' cash injection, we'll just have to see what good comes of it. not to criticize or call into question those methods, but one can't help thinking that paris should have accomplished much more than we've seen until now even without it.

2. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Oh please .

10 years ago Lyon won it's first league championship . Don't act like Lyon hasn't been throwing out millions and millions for the sake of it .

3. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    go look it up nick!

OL won their first titles well before they had the biggest budget in D1. third in spending behind the sardines... and y'all. more, the money that inflated our budget came directly from the CL, and from selling players.

things the last few years went sour in more ways than one i'll grant you, but don't assume OL simply spent their way to the top, it is not true or even close.

4. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    :rolleyes:
    Brought Valbuena for peanuts which is probably the best move in L1 in the last 10 last years. He's very good at his current job and as long as he shuts his mouth. Wait, the last time he opened it to talk smack, the players went on to not lose the next 14 games.

Don't tell me, you're an OL fan right ?

Injuries and suspensions have killed us this year. We made a big push to come back but we were hit by negative circumstances and now we are physically done. Big lack of depth in the attacking department too, Jordan Ayew should never have gotten that many games.
    I don't see why you're going hard on Labrune guys. There's no money left, you can't print it. Deschamps will be gone maybe but you can't help it. We made some high investments which did not turn profitable and we're just paying the price, that's sport. I just wish we had passed on Gignac.

5. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Gignac,Gourcuff
    deux c'est la même combat

6. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    So....any candidates to take over DD at season's end? It's safe to assume he will be gone, right? :eek:

7. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Buying him for peanuts was a great move but a few months ago Anigo said that he thinks he's is going to move on at the end of the season or something similar to that so they are already trying to push him out the door! This is his 6th season there so he's already on borrowed time since players rarely last longer than 5 years over there. Everyone talks about how great the club is to play for and how the great fans are but they never seem to get players who want to stay there for too long. I still cant figure out why Djibril Cisse failed to last there.

8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Well I dont know if he's gone for sure but I wouldnt bet on him staying. They forced him to play 4 competitions with such a short bench and forced Gignac on him when he wanted Luis Fabiano. I wonder if Bruno Metsu is available.

9. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Luis Fabiano wasn't a good move neither and actually, Deschamps wanted Gignac. It was either Gameiro or Gignac and he chose the latter.

I'll believe when I'll see it. I'm born and live in Marseille, people here are very singular. It's hard to understand their mentality without being in touch.

Well we shouldn't be delusional, we aren't a big european club. Our best players move on when the money is better. I liked Djibril Cisse but he's a one trick pony and you need more to level up.

10. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    because he makes dassier look like a guy who belongs in a football front office.

for crying out loud at least JCD was director at TF1. labrune's last job was attaché de presse. in other words, a potiche...

for jean-luc delarue.

11. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Labrune is a better president than Dassier (even though I absolutely dislike him). Who handed players enormous cash bonus after the title ? Dassier. Now we're stuck in a terrible financial situation and he has to deal with it. But I'm not saying he's a great president neither.

12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    you know what i think? i think you make more sense and probably know more about football than both of them* put together!

*and MLD too.

13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    You got 7 players who can bring a lot of cash. Remy, A Ayew, Valbuena, Azpi, Mandanda, N'Koulou, and M'Bia. I'd sell 2-3 of them and no more than that. Of that group Valbuena brings the least because he's in his late 20's so I'd keep him but Anigo will probably push him out the door anyway. I guess I would sell Remi and Azpi, they would be my 2. I'd rather not sell Azpi because the backline is weak on the other side with Morel and I wouldnt want to weaken the other side too but theres no choice. Ayew must be kept so Azpi has to go. M'Bia has to stay because he plays mulitple positions and in DM you have Alou Diarra who's aging and Kabore whos sucks. Remy, you'd love to keep of course but its clear he's the first one to go because he brings the most money. I think prying Moussa Sow back from Turkey to replace Remy is a smart move but he probably makes too much money over there. I cant really think of a current L1 forward who could come close to replacing Remy. Hoarau might not a bad option actually.

14. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    How about bringing back Drogba?

1 person likes this.
  15. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    No way sir, Valbuena is Anigo's jewel and frankly, the only great attacking player on this team. I was at OM - Dijon the other day, it's so obvious. Remy, Brandao can't control a ball and can't make a pass. Ayew plays alone, Jordan Ayew should not even be there yet. We sell Valbuena, this team is dead. No more passing, no more creativity.

I hope we sell both Ayew, their value is at its best and they hurt the team with their selfish play.
    And please no Drogba, he's almost done and he's been a parody of himself with all those dives.

16. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Drogba belongs in China or MLS. I cant believe you think the Ayew's value has already peaked.

17. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Unless they start running faster or pushing guys harder than they have been so far, I think we're seeing what we'll be seeing their whole career.

18. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    L'OM should sign theses players :

Wahbi Khazri,
    Rolando Jorge Pires da Fonseca ,
    Tomas Necid,
    Rafik Djebbour,
    Faouzi ghoulam,
    Ryan Isaac Mendes da Graça

19. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    You play Football Manager way too much ;) .

1 person likes this.
  20. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
  21. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I can't even
    GTFO Diarra and Gignac. Very far.

22. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  23. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Seriously though this will put an almost criminal pressure on the team to win the Coupe de la Ligue Final against Lyon in April, pretty much the last hope for European play now.

24. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Ligue des Champions - Quart de finale

28/03/2012 | Stade: Stade Vélodrome | Arbitre C. Velasco Carballo

[​IMG]vs[​IMG]

[LINEUP-4-3-3]
    Ayew,
    Rémy,
    Amalfitano,
    Mbia,
    Valbuena,
    Diarra,
    Morel,
    N'Koulou,
    Fanni,
    Azpilicueta,
    Andrade,
    [/LINEUP-4-3-3]

25. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    We were looking fairly decent ('cept for Morel on the left side) and then gave up a bullsh!t goal: horrible hand non-call plus Andrade's lack of match fitness showed.