General eredivisie thread 2012-2013

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by johan neeskens, Aug 11, 2012.

1. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Woops, getting ahead of myself there. Feyenoord made a comback to 2-2. Congrats. And AZ only lost 1-0 so they have a chance of making it up at home.

2. Quackmore

Quackmore Member

Jun 5, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Twente and Heerenveen still have a chance too, but it's not looking great.

3. Falcon_11

Falcon_11 Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Horrendous results, a dark day for Dutch football. They're all still having a chance though.

Molde FK?? Seriously....

4. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    PSV doing well. 4-0 as we speak.

Twente have a chance. 2-0 at home vs a mediocre team is doable. Heerenveen will have to win with 3 goals difference. Small chance

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Not if Marco suits up!:p

6. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you guys are underestimating Molde...

7. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Chadli is probably out, will also miss the game on sunday. They're afraid he will be out for a long time.

Heerenveen were very unlucky, not just because of the injury time 2nd goal but also because they missed quite a few chances. Score would've been different had they still have the 3 upfront from last season.

8. Michael Korleone

May 28, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I watched the first half of Anzhi vs AZ before switching over to Molde vs Heerenveen. AZ had a decent performance and probably should have scored if only one of their crosses from wide areas found Altidore. A 1-0 loss is not a disaster. Anzhi eliminated Vitesse in previous round and I want AZ to progress to boost the coefficient rankings.

Molde won their league title for the first time in their history and coincidentally, they were celebrating centenary last year. Their prodigal son Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (who left Molde in 90s to become a Man Utd legend) had offer from Aston Villa but chose to continue with Molde. They nearly got qualified for CL but missed a penalty in last minute against FC Basel (who qualified to CL knockouts last season ahead of Man Utd from same group) and got thrown into Europa League. Not all hope is lost for Heerenveen though. If I remember right, they won 4-0 at home in their previous qualifier. A repeat of that performance should do them good.

I haven't watched Feyenoord match but I heard they dominated yet again without converting that to a win. I thought they were unlucky against Dynamo Kyiv in CL qualifier and I hope they do enough in 2nd leg of this Europa League qualifier to progress.

9. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I'm greatly looking forward to your comments following Ajax CL games. But thanks for singling out Twente. You really are more worried about us than about anyone else aren't you.

10. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    There are no teams as weak as Bursaspor in the CL I am afraid.

11. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Looks like the weaker teams in the eredivisie this season so far are weaker than they were last season. Apart from RKC no-one's putting up a real fight which is a shame.

AZ seem to have a similar problem to last season: they have no plan B when they don't score quickly. To see them with five minutes left on the clock still trying to play tiki-taka...

On that note one of the players that's impressing me is Djuricic at Heerenveen. Proper footballer!

12. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm surprised by Reijnen from AZ in the game I saw for the biggest part today. Did almost everything right. Came from Zwolle last in 2010/2011 but did not play 1 game for AZ in Eredivisie that season. Last season little over 1100 minutes. Now has to step in for Moisander and is doing fine by the looks of it.

13. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    AZ have good scouts that's for certain. I'd like to see more of that, eredivisie clubs picking up Dutch players from the second division. Often turns out well too.

14. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I really hope some of the clubs are able to turn around results in the 2nd legs of the playoffs.

I will say I was super happy to see 3 Dutch league matches televised this past weekend on ESPN Deportes. I think it might have something to do with La Liga and Serie A going over to BeIn sports channel.

I don't expect it every weekend but more than just 1 match per weekend here and there would be cool.

15. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  16. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I use this.

17. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Same here thanks to BTV802 :) It's pretty awesome albeit not flawless. Barely notice the $11 coming out of my checking.

18. Michael Korleone

May 28, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    People outside Netherlands might prefer to use online streaming links (which cost nothing) rather than paying 6 Euros per month to watch on Eredivisie Live website :|

19. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the streams are guaranteed to be of good quality, people would probably go withe the pay option.

20. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^ streams are of variable quality and certainly cannot be viewed at the full screen level on my computer. Lots of dropouts during matches. I'm holding my powder on getting Eredivisie Live to see what ESPN-3 does this year now that they have lost the Spanish and Italian games.

21. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I finally upgraded my cable to include ESPN Deportes. Hopefully I'll be able to see a Willem II match or two. Although, I suspect the only time I'll be seeing them is when the go to Amsterdam or Eindhoven for a beat-down.

22. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Yeah, when ESPN Deportes was showing one match a weekend, you could guess it was the big match of the weekend although PSV used to be the one most on it in the past.

This past weekend, they televised the Ajax, PSV Eindhoven, and Feyenoord matches. I know they have at least the PSV vs AZ match this weekend.

23. EdoI

EdoI New Member

Is the commentary Dutch or English?
    Haha, I've never realized I actually have an account here.

24. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  25. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Supporters of FC Twente won't be happy but ESPN Deportes yet again is showing back to back to back Eredivisie matches this Sunday morning!!!!

This is (EST) time wise.

Vitesse vs. Feyenoord 6:25am
    PSV Eindhoven vs. AZ Alkmaar 8:25am
    Heerenveen vs. Ajax 10:25 am