General boots question/review thread [5] - all questions/reviews pictures on any boot brand here pls

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djkeogh5

djkeogh5 Member

Sep 26, 2010
    gotham city
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    \

they're k-leather so it should be fine

2. colinstu310

colinstu310 Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bonnie Scotland
    Club:
    Rangers
    Jon, I would go 7.5....i wear 7.5 in Umbro & an 8 in adidas...sizes are 26.5cm :thumbsup:

JonIsAnOwl repped this.
  3. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You're absolutely right. They got delivered this morning and fit absolutely perfectly. Love them already.

4. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It is a matter of preference ... Ideally, work! ;)

5. QuickFeetGalore

QuickFeetGalore New Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Hi, I'm looking to buy some new boots, but I have really wide feet. I'm size 12 and would like firm ground. Any suggestions?

6. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nike boots are your best bet. Probably Laser IVs.

7. QuickFeetGalore

QuickFeetGalore New Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I would get them but I've had laces to the side before, and they come undone so easily with my feet.

8. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Tiempos then.

9. Aspire732

Aspire732 Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yeah and with a bigger boot you can wear double sock as well. So it's always better to go bigger than smaller.

serginhobertholi repped this.
  10. Aspire732

Aspire732 Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Guys, I stared to use my f50 adizers, which I had for 1 year already.. I don't know why everytime I use them now my toenail next to the big toe gets bruised up, also the side of my foot gets this type of calise/bruise. Time to get new cleats?

11. mandoplayer1906

mandoplayer1906 New Member

Jun 3, 2012
    Tejas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it could be the insoles, I had to change them out with my copas.

12. Aspire732

Aspire732 Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yeah, I've been using the lightweight insoles.. I recently changed to the comfort ones.. Let see if that changes everything.

13. Skyhawk

Skyhawk Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Could somebody give me their honest opinion/review of the 11Pros?

14. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've just changed insoles too - to be honest I can't really feel much of a difference. I think I need to get some ortho insoles as I'm getting really bad shin splints :(

appleCORR

15. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just got back from a few days away in Scotland, think i found the best sports shop ever up in Glasgow, Greaves Sports. They had a ridiculous range of different boots downstairs in their football section, the sorts of things you dont see in store very often, V1.11SL's and Evospeeds, Lotto Stadio's and Fuerzapura's, even Lazzarini's!

I'd advise anyone that finds themselves up that way to pop in and half a look, they had decent reductions on most of the older models too. I'd have spent ages in there trying different things on if i'd been on my own but my girlfriend was getting restless and it was pretty busy with it being Sunday afternoon so didn't want to keep bothering the staff when i wasn't buying.

16. LNSC Cr

LNSC Cr Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Hi i was wondering if anyone could make a suggestion for cleats that are like nike 5 elasticos ($45 dollar kind) I have them and they are the best shoes ive ever had, love playing in them. I currently wear LZ and they feel good but are nothing compared to elasticos,Thanks.

17. p-nutz

p-nutz Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    I find Greaves pretty expensive, but they do have a good selection in the one on Sauchiehall Street, it's the best one for boots I think. They have some old preds on display too.

18. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The boots that were full price were on the expensive side but they had some good reductins too, the yellow V1.11SL were down to £100, and their selection was as varied as ive seen anywhere. Think it was the Gordon Street store I went in.

19. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Anyone tried or have any of the Pele sports trinitys?? What do you make of their new Galileo boots....Really interested in them knowing their boots are good owning some!!

20. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If their good stick with em!!!! Try the Adidas Freefootball's or the Pele Sports Setembros (best indoors ive eva had!!)

21. TimLeB

TimLeB New Member

Mar 4, 2009
    Sept-iles
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Personnaly, I totally love them!! Got them all white (except the little black line) and the color is sick. The soleplate is a little stiff at the beginning but it gains flexibility. Taurus leather is not as bad as it seems, the touch is good even tho I would have prefered k-leather for sure. They are light,fit true to size and are comfortable. I felt almost no discomfort right out the box, the only boot more comfortable that I own is the adipower. Seriously it's a 4,5 stars for me. I was reading bad reviews for this cleat so I was hesitant but I'm glad I took the risk because they are awesome. Played 4 games and 3-4 practices with them and no signs of wear. Too early to say for the durability but they seem to be holding up pretty well!

*Sorry for my bad english, I talk french..

22. LNSC Cr

LNSC Cr Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    im staying with em as indoor shoes but i mean cleats for games that are similar

AdidasPredatorMANIAC repped this.
  23. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah I get ya!! Futsal shoes are futsal shoes built for that game. A while back my friend suggested that NIKE make the 5 series into a cleat. I said it simply wouldn't work. I see what you thinking! Go for a boot which is- Leather, Narrow Fitting (as the Elastico is), Light, Flexible and Durable. I suggest Tiempos, or even Adipowers (not LZ's there a joke). Try looking Pele Sports are all these!!

EDIT: Takedowns of the Tiempo (Mystic, Natural) are good same with any other cleat. Look on sites like Lovell soccer or PDS for older models since they are better and cheaper.

24. LNSC Cr

LNSC Cr Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Thanks adidas predator maniac, i looked for those qualities and got puma king sl's for only $30=)

25. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Cheers, anytime!! May I ask where on Earth do you get King SL's for on $30?!?!?!