Gameday RB Arena Travel/Parking/Food/Drink/Hangout Thread

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Woodrow, Mar 1, 2010.

1. nfiniti

nfiniti Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Rutherford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    sweet, thanks

2. miggly

miggly Member

Jan 25, 2000
    NYC
    For some reason, all three games I've gone to, right after the games, the WTC train terminated at Journal Square, where I had to get out and wait for the next WTC bound train - usually 5/10 minute wait. I'm assuming it's to get people off the Harrison platform quicker.

3. jevanvoo

jevanvoo Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Manhattan
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I usually hang out at El Pastor and grab some food after the matches so I've not had to deal with that yet, by the time I'm on the Path it's back to normal :D

4. MAGENTAfan

MAGENTAfan New Member

May 11, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Does anybody know what the situation will be for the game on the 23rd against Juventus? Kickoff is at 1pm, and it's a Sunday. Bars and restaurants typically aren't allowed to serve alcohol before noon on Sundays. Will the "beer garden" outside the arena be open 3 hours before the game as usual? Will any places in the area be bending the rules to accommodate fans?

Or should we be planning on paper bagging it?

5. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    good question.....

6. nfiniti

nfiniti Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Rutherford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama

good question.. I do know that there is a Special Event permit, which maybe could be used for this situation.

7. nfiniti

nfiniti Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Rutherford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama

Okay just spoke to ticketing about harrison not allowing sales on sundays prior to 12 noon. good news: Beer Garden will be open from 10 a.m. :)

8. guanaco20

guanaco20 Member

Mar 6, 2008
    North Bergen
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Are people still planning on meeting up at El Pastor and/or Bello's before the Juve game?

9. tolstoy

tolstoy Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Is there a sidewalk along Market St. under the Newark Penn Station or do we need to find a way around it. We're coming from the Hilton and will be going to El Pastor. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

10. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a sidewalk under the rail bridge.

11. KareemSoda

KareemSoda Member

Jan 23, 2003
    Not in NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I along with my daughter and her fiancee, will be doing something this Saturday that I have dreamed about since talk of the stadium first began. We are going to bar hop our way to the stadium! We'll start at MM Bellos, head up to El Pastors, then over to the Spanish Pavilion, and then before heading into RBA we'll stop in at O'Donnell's Pub. I am really looking forward to this, but please keep any streamers out of my hands.

12. Beerman

Beerman Member

Feb 16, 2001
    Denville NJ
    It's a pretty long walk from Ironbound to O'Donnell's and back to the stadium.
    Personally I would start at O'Donnell's then head to Ironbound.

13. KareemSoda

KareemSoda Member

Jan 23, 2003
    Not in NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Bruce, I'll keep that in mind. Who knows we may just improvise along the way.

14. nfiniti

nfiniti Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Rutherford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    I mapped it for you

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou....730999,-74.166641&spn=0.064521,0.117245&z=13

15. RBNYSupporter4Life

Nov 26, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please keep me in the loop on this...it may be one of the best ideas I've heard in ages, and I'm looking for pre-match ideas for later this summer when an old friend visits from the UK.

Pub crawl...brilliant! Why the hell didn't I think of that?

EDIT: By "keep me in the loop", just please let me know the spots that are a must to stop in and, if any, the places to avoid. I'm sure you knew what I meant, but I'm the kinda guy that feels better explaining everything...drives the fiancee "nucking futs".

16. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just my 2 cents

I don't see how one can get a feel for a place unless he actually spends some time there, enjoy the food the beer and those around him/her. So unless you start out at 9 am i don't see how you can GET A feel for all this places. :D in one trip

17. timeEd32

timeEd32 New Member

Aug 21, 2006
    New Jersey
    For those of you who drive, got any parking tips? How much are the lots? Do they fill up? Thinking about making my first visit to RBA on Saturday. Thanks.

18. KareemSoda

KareemSoda Member

Jan 23, 2003
    Not in NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you can't tell within a few minutes what a place is like you're not paying attention.
    Do you have to wait long to be served?
    Is the atmosphere welcoming?
    What is the selection of beer and food like?
    Is the place free of infestation (opponents' fans)
    Those are the first things I'll be looking at, and will help me determine if I'd consider making a return trip.

19. Patik

Patik Member

Apr 22, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Anyone know which place(s) will be showing (or likely to show) the Champions League Final on 5/22? I'll be at the arena for the Turkey-Czech Republic match which will probably let out right when the Final kicks off.

Or, does anyone know a good Spanish/Portuguese/Brazilian/non-American place that will definitey not show it? Then I could relax for a meal after the game before driving home to watch the CL final on the DVR.

20. jevanvoo

jevanvoo Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Manhattan
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they're showing the match at the stadium (hopefully the beer stands will be open)

21. ckyak

ckyak Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Kearny NJ
    choose any bar or restaurant in the Kearny/Harrison/DownNeck Newark area

22. ckyak

ckyak Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Kearny NJ
    Free Parking at Spanish Pavillion as long as you pregame there, its a $15 all you can eat BBQ Buffett American/Spanish/Portuguese Style food. just hang on the patio and tell the bartender you are keeping your car there

23. jcr3

jcr3 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How is the food and the place?

24. Elvis Minaya

Elvis Minaya Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Valparaiso, Chile
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Do guys know any good Portugues or Brazilian grill that is from walking dictance to the Arena? I'm taking the path for our next match vs Houston, but would love to stop by for dinner.

Thanks

25. jevanvoo

jevanvoo Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Manhattan
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    absent any physical limitations with mobility, they are all within walking distance. If you are looking for a good rodizio, my favorite is brazilia grill :)