Gameday RB Arena Travel/Parking/Food/Drink/Hangout Thread

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Woodrow, Mar 1, 2010.

1. juberish

juberish New Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where are the NY peeps at????

I live in Brooklyn and think we should have a group that meets in Manhattan for drinks pre-game so we can all roll out to the stadium together on the PATH.

2. jevanvoo

jevanvoo Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Manhattan
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    there truly is awesome food and drinks in the Ironbound and Harrison. Why pay Manhattan prices when there are so many great restaurants and bars right around the stadium? If you want to meet up with supporters, GSS meet at MMM Bellos and ESC meet at El Pastor, but you'll find fans at all of the bars and restaurants named on these pages :D

3. juberish

juberish New Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm all for meeting up at El Pastor with everyone, but my point is about marching out to the stadium together. I think the NYC fans can band together and draw more attention to our team if we're able to roll deep from downtown nyc.

I'm getting the impression that the majority of the regulars live in Jersey. If we can roll out from Manhattan and grab a PATH, then others might consider that it's not so far away after all.

4. EmpedoxFCB

EmpedoxFCB Member

Apr 20, 2009
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love your enthusiasm. :)

5. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you want to walk from NYC then more power to you. If you have taken the Path from WTC then you would know that the train is packed already with RB fans.

Seems like you haven't been to a game yet.

6. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    besides, your buzz surely won't go away walkin a few minutes from Pastor to the stadium.:D

7. juberish

juberish New Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol, om, what time are you going?

I've been to every single game at RBA mofo... yes there are fans on the PATH. But there is no unity or comradery about it. I'm talking about making a scene, singing and walking out together for a few blocks in Manhattan. It's more of a direct statement about getting everyone's attention about how close we are to RBA from the city. I want NYC residents to fill those remaining 10k seats for us.

Why does every forum have a guy that thinks it's cool to shat on others?

8. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at Lily O'Brien's a few weeks ago - just a short walk from the PATH on Murray St., and there were a few other RBNY fans there in addition to our group. Not a ton, but a few. If you want a place to meet up in lower Manhattan and catch the PATH, it's a good candidate.

9. RBNYSupporter4Life

Nov 26, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I come from LI (LIRR to Penn, then NJ Transit to Newark and walk to the Cathedral), but if we're talking about a group meeting up in NYC and heading over to Bello's and El Pastor all together, singing proud, scarves up, the full 9, then I am ALL IN.

It may be the kick in the ass that NYC needs to show that the stadium is completely accessible...funniest comment I get on a regular basis is, "Wow...you go ALL THE WAY TO NJ? You must really love soccer!!" If these people would realize that it's 15 mins on a train, I bet more would check it out.

10. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously, not to generalize, but there are a lot of puss!es living in the city. I mean if I can get to the games from Dutchess County they can get off their fat asses and onto the PATH train.

11. RBNYSupporter4Life

Nov 26, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree 100%. I keep trying to bring someone different to each match to see if they'll be into it...all first timers to live soccer. Got one guy ready to buy a 4-game plan for the rest of this season, another guy planning on a full plan for 2011, and one who spent the entire Philly match (4/24, NOT the Open Cup match) staring at the ESC and repeatedly asking me, "Why the hell aren't we sitting over there?!?!?" (Kudos to ESC and GSS...you guys are making us proud, game after game!!)

As for Lily's...that's a great place and, if we do this NYC meet-up, my hat's in for that as well.

12. juberish

juberish New Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what I'm talking about.

Yeah, it's freaking retarded how people don't realize how close RBA is.

I was at Nevada's for the DC game too, was expecting more of a presence there!

Me too, I've brought a different guest each time, one of my roommates is actually excited about coming to the games now after coming to the USOC with me.

13. FiveRowsBack

FiveRowsBack New Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Agreed that the PATH train ride is pretty quite, even though there are more and more fans on them each time. Cool to see all the scarves and know we're heading the same way.

Pre-gaming near the WTC PATH train sound awesome!

14. PCFC

PCFC Member

May 13, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Newry City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Been to three games. Pre-gamed at a few places in NYC, but probably the most encouragingly disgraceful venue was The Patriot on Chambers. My god, the $6 pitchers and $1 sliders fit well with the panties hanging on the ceiling. If there is ever a place you need to go to remind you -despite whatever you've done in your life- that you have some class, the Patriot is that place.

Sticky floors, bathroom doors that don't lock, and scantily-clad bar staff are the atmosphere, but the 1996 beer prices and the surprisingly delicious sliders make for a surrounding that my eight friends and I have made into a routine.

15. FiveRowsBack

FiveRowsBack New Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Sounds like HEAVEN.

16. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i went to lily o'brien's. it's nice.

for pre-gaming, i prefer to get to el pastor mad early. if nathan hale's was still around, different story!

el pastor, for me, is the perfect place to be at before the game. so glad that it was chosen to be the pre-match and post-match place to booze up.

17. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's a Star-Ledger article on Casa Seabra at the arena:

So let’s start outside. There are kids of all ages playing soccer in every available space. There are friends and neighbors gathered to eat and talk, and several games to hone your kicking technique. The beer garden is for adults, but Casa Seabra, owned by the family that has several restaurants and supermarkets in the Ironbound, has a huge grill station in the middle of the plaza. They serve good rodizio, or Brazilian barbecue, and add to the carnival atmosphere — sort of like a giant tailgate party, but the food and beer are already here.

The grill stays open until the game starts, and while I should mention the food concession prices are more reasonable than at most major-league sports venues, buying a rodizio platter (top sirloin, linguiça sausage, chicken breast and rice and beans) for $10 is really a bargain. For me, it was dinner for two, but for anyone, it’s a healthy portion of quality, rotisserie meats roasted over fruitwoods and seasoned with sea salt and a secret sauce. The rice and beans are an extra added attraction.

Seabra’s also makes sandwiches on fresh Portuguese rolls of linguiça ($6.50), bifanas ($6.50, pork steak), picanha ($6.50, top sirloin) and pao de chorizo ($4, sausage-stuffed bread). Ask grill supervisor Nelson Ferreira for help and he’s happy to make you a good meal.

18. KareemSoda

KareemSoda Member

Jan 23, 2003
    Not in NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We stopped into Brasilia's after the march against Philly, where I was serenaded and given a sweet, because I was wearing my Red Bull jersey.
    [​IMG]

19. Bandeirante

Bandeirante Member

Dec 7, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

...or could it be they were serenading you because you apparently are dining with Mila Kunis? (see photo)

20. nfiniti

nfiniti Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Rutherford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    Those are good prices.. is this INSIDE the stadium??

21. guyricardo

guyricardo Member

Jul 10, 2003
    Newark
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's outside on the plaza by Gate B (NW corner, closest to Harrison path).

22. jcr3

jcr3 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I take the PATH train myself, but surprisingly it takes me 1 1/2 hours door (my door) to door (getting through the gate) each week from the upper west side in both directions. I think it could get down to 1 hour if they somehow had the PATH train coming back direct to the WTC without having to get off at Junction square and if NYC had the 2 or 3 line running express on weekends. I am not missing any games, but somehow it should be less time. I'd rather go to the Red Bulls games than Yankee games (and I do), but it takes half the time or less to get to Yankee stadium.

23. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Does anybody know what kind of food they serve in the Club Seats Lounge? A friend of mine just scored a pair of club seats for the July 10th game vs. DC United and invited me along.

24. jevanvoo

jevanvoo Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Manhattan
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you shouldn't have to change at Journal Square if you're on the WTC train, only if you're trying to get to 34th street station. You could take the A/C from WTC to get to the upper west side

25. KareemSoda

KareemSoda Member

Jan 23, 2003
    Not in NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope, that's my daughter and her fiancee to her left.