Gameday RB Arena Travel/Parking/Food/Drink/Hangout Thread

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Woodrow, Mar 1, 2010.

1. otkeeper

otkeeper Member

Jan 25, 2003
    LB,NJ,US
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    does anyone from the esc and or the gss know if pastor and bellos are gunna be having the same deals on tuesday like its a regular mls game?

2. Beerman

Beerman Member

Feb 16, 2001
    Denville NJ
    We went to Mompou's last night after the game with a party of six. Food and beer were great and the service was attentive and prompt. We sat outside in the back and they put the heaters on for us. I may stop in Tuesday before the game.

3. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wouldn't have gone near it normally, but we were on our way back to the car last night after Meet the Team and we were all starved. The Burger King on Market St. in Newark is ********ing atrocious. Horrible horrible lazy service - took forever, homeless people begging for change and it's dirty. Steer clear.

4. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Burger King has no chili so I always steer clear of them.

5. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    You should have turned left after crossing the bridge & then turned right into El Pastor's free parking lot one and one-half blocks on your right! The grills were open for hours after the game & the inside kitchen was still open when I left after 10 PM! Food was good & service was fast.

6. miggly

miggly Member

Jan 25, 2000
    NYC
    After going to O'Donnell's in Harrison last week, my friends and I checked out the Greenroom this week. A 5 minute walk from the Harrison PATH stop. Pre-game was quiet enough to have conversation -- about 20 or so people inside. Beers are cheap, most bottles and drafts were $4, Yeungling draft was $3.50. Also on tap: Guinness, Blue Moon, Brooklyn IPA, Dos XX and some lighter stuff. Pub fare to eat. Really nice staff. We went back after the match and it was packed and very lively. Many Philly fans came in as well. Fun times. I guess I'll have to check out some of the Newark spots next, but both Greenroom and O'Donnell's are worthy places to go.

7. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, so far I've hit three of these. All lived up to the Zagat's food rating, so addition reps to you for posting this list.

8. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saturday night after the game it was time to check out Iberian Pennisula. We timed it right, there were several open tables when we arrived, but by the time we left there were people waiting to be seated.

Wait staff was great, as was food. If I ever get back there with more than 3 people, I'm going to order the dish that I call "Table full of seafood". No shit, there was this one plate that went past me that was freakin' stacked with all sorts of fish, lobster, calamari, clams, etc. The plate itself must have held about 10 lbs of food. It was at least 24x18x12 inches in dimension.

But, what I did have (sea bass) was awesome. My old man was visiting, so he had the steak kabob (about 24oz of meat on that thing) and Ellen had the lobster (of course.) It was about $40 per person, very reasonable given the portions of meat, fish and lobster.

But this list in the previous post is certainly making me look good whenever I use it to find a place to eat.

9. Zanatos

Zanatos Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I'm not mistaken that is the Seafood platter for two. It's $40 and very good.

10. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two? I'm a big boy, and I couldn't eat half of that. Not even if I fasted a month first.

11. EEUU

EEUU Member

Mar 4, 2000
    Massapequa, NY USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had a great time at El Pastor's prior to The Philly match. It was my first time there. Good beer, nice atmosphere and good food a stone's throw from the stadium.

12. jevanvoo

jevanvoo Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Manhattan
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you might want to use a different phrase after Saturday's "incident" :D

13. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, what was that all about? (I know of the incident, why would anyone be so stupid is what I'm really asking.)

14. RBNYSupporter4Life

Nov 26, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reading all about the SoB attempting to jump some RB supporters, and wondering now if I should park near El Pastor (as originally planned) or park close to the stadium (in the lot just outside the stadium). I'm not subjecting my 13 year old to those animals. Any suggestions?

15. jevanvoo

jevanvoo Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Manhattan
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would think you'd be fine by El Pastor, there will be other people there to walk over with. When I asked one of the guys who was "jumped" if he was ok and if there was anything I could do, it started sounding a lot less than being "jumped" and more of some words back and forth with maybe a shove or two. The problem though is the rock throwing has now escalated the entire situation. If there are problems, it won't be to the rock thrower, it will be to someone like me or your 13 year old. :mad: I know some of the sobs from US games and others from law school, the majority of them are good guys and you won't have a problem. The only problem I can imagine is their version of our rock thrower out to show "pride" :rolleyes:

16. sccaflagger74

sccaflagger74 Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Media, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been out of any type of leadership role with SoB for quite a while (helped out with membership in the beginning) so this is not an official statement. But if any of those guys that jumped a Red Bull fan were SoBs and we know who there were I'd suspect they'd be booted from the group and likely have their tix in the River End of PPL Park revoked. The core members of SoB are very conscious of proper behavior when out in public and violence is not tolerated. We made a few enemies right from the get go in 2007 by asking some people not to come back to our events after they were unable to act in a civilized manner and I'd hope we'd still do the same today. We work with the away stadium staff, listen to what is expected and allowed of us and stay within those guidelines. If anyone was jumped by Union fans and they had on SoB gear I apologize as they certainly don't represent what we are about.

17. RBNYSupporter4Life

Nov 26, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the scoop...I believe El Pastor it is, then. :)

What time are you guys parading over? I was delayed at work and won't be arriving there till 7 - 7:30...will you all have left by then?

18. jevanvoo

jevanvoo Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Manhattan
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I may be going straight to the stadium today, they are opening the pub to season ticket holders and I want to check it out. I'm not sure what time the "march in" is scheduled for or if one is even planned :eek: So many people bought tickets in the other sections so they could check out the site lines 101 may be a ghost town except for a few of us :D

19. RBNYSupporter4Life

Nov 26, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pub is open to ALL season ticket holders today?? I wanted to check it out myself but, by time the FO got to my priority #, all pub passes were sold out.

20. charlieblackmouth

Feb 8, 2009
    South Ward
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice to see civility within the rivalry. Even while Union fans and I telling each other we hoped the opposite team died and went to hell, there were smiles all around and it was a great time. Definitely need it when we're all seeing USA games in the area as well

21. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I chatted with a SoB guy outside before they opened the gates - nice guy. I have no issues with them. There are always going to be a few knuckleheads on each side.

22. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    Glad I didn't pay $100/person for a pub pass. The service there last night was non-existent and completely amateur hour. Arrived just after 7PM and waited 30 minutes at a table without a single server coming up to take my order. Meanwhile, food runners kept roaming the room with people's orders and they had no idea where to deliver the food. Customers who were finished when I arrived were still waiting for their checks when I left (without ordering anything). The menu looked good - too bad about the service.

23. Elvis Minaya

Elvis Minaya Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Valparaiso, Chile
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

And at what time you got to the game finally? If you ever did?

24. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    I left the pub about 15-20 minutes before kickoff. I wasn't going to miss half of the game or more just for the privilege of eating some overpriced food and being subject to slow, poor service. What's really sad is that the pub was only half full when I arrived.

25. QrysDonnell

QrysDonnell Member

Apr 2, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got to the game early, and was in the pub at like 6:40 or so. A guy came by, took my drink order. My drink came. Then things gradually started to slow, and the place wasn't even that packed. I ordered some appetizers, and one of them came. Then both of them came - I was served one of them twice. (Wasn't charged for the second one at least). Then I spent about 30 minutes actively trying to get out of there as the place got more and more full.

I don't know if it's like that normally, but it was pretty crappy last night. I had planned to eat and then go over to the Club Lounge and get a drink and check that out, but I didn't end up with enough time - and I pretty much got there as early as I could have.