Gameday RB Arena Travel/Parking/Food/Drink/Hangout Thread

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Woodrow, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Beerman

Beerman Member

Feb 16, 2001
    Denville NJ
    Well where's the review?

2. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1.)do we need reservations,?
    2)if we go what should we expect ? 12-1 pm. ...
    3) is it a sit down or stand eat and drink type,
    4) is there parking if not what's the neareast parking lot

i'll be coming with 6-10 people looking for a cool place to hang with other RB fans

3. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Ended up going to Bello's for the first time, liked it a lot, although like an idiot I didn't even check if there was an upstairs. It's nice, will be there again.

4. miggly

miggly Member

Jan 25, 2000
    NYC
    Went with a friend to O'Donnells in Harrison. Pretty quiet there, about 12-15 fans, 8 of which were from Dallas. The owner (Scottish-American) was really cool and bought us all a pizza, although after the Dallas group got through with it, there wasn't much left. Very good beer tap selection. $5 imperial pints of Newcastle and Guinness, the micro brews were $6 for 16 oz. Cash only. Last round for us was on the house - always a winning move in my book. We left at 7:10 and it took us 15 minutes to walk to the stadium & get inside (fast walking). Bought a beer and got our seats before kickoff.

5. ckyak

ckyak Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Kearny NJ
    they have seats outside and a restaurant inside. you can sit and get waiter service or just go up to the bar yourself to grab beers. they have a lot but fills up. also some street parking near by. i have a group of 20 either going there or to MMM Bellos before. but definitely going to SP after

6. KareemSoda

KareemSoda Member

Jan 23, 2003
    Not in NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds good..... I'll have to try it one day!

7. Soccerski

Soccerski Member

Dec 2, 2000
    Georgetown, CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Went to Bellos, also. The menu has a number of typical pub items (wings, nachos, mozzarello sticks, etc.), and some other interesting items. I cannot remember them all, but I had a wrap with Jamaican Jerk Shrimp - it was good, just enough spice to make it interesting. Plus had some dinner entre specials which sounded like too much food.

Wide selection of beers, on tap and more in bottles.

Best part; Service was good and friendly. My wife and I sat at the bar and had great conversation with the other patron and the bartenders: John & Manny. They came across as really wanting our business.

Oh, and happy hour specials, too

8. soccerfan

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many RB Fans were there, ALL /Some/ Not Many
    Did you do the march,meet up with the ESC, or NOT?

9. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Philly fans are congregating at Spanish Pavilion pre-match on Saturday, from what I've heard. May want to steer clear. Also if I were Spanish Pavilion I'd have security on watch.

10. Roger Allaway

Roger Allaway Member+

Apr 22, 2009
    Warminster, Pa.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The idea that all Philadelphia sports fans are rioting louts has about as much truth to it as the claim posted in a Union thread last week that anyone walking from Newark Penn Station to RBA was likely to have his watch and wallet stolen.

11. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    So it is true then.

12. QrysDonnell

QrysDonnell Member

Apr 2, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Before a game Bellos is pretty much full of RB fans. They have a great beer selection (over 100 beers), good food and great staff. You can't go wrong.

13. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then there was no truth to the rumor, sorry fact, that Philadelphia created a court in Veterans Stadium to take care of all the louts.....

14. Roger Allaway

Roger Allaway Member+

Apr 22, 2009
    Warminster, Pa.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't say there were no louts. Of course there were, and still are. One of them threw up on somebody at a Phillies game last week. But if you think that every Philadelphia fan is a lout and the mere presence of fans from Philadelphia at the Spanish Pavillion is a reason to call for extra security, then you must think that all Texans are cowboys and all Californians are movie stars.

15. gosya

gosya Member

Feb 6, 2001
    New York
    Question: for El Pastor - is it best to get off at Harrison or NNew Jersey train stations? Thank you.

16. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not that I think all Philly fans are louts. There is, however, a possibility for some trouble if RBNY fans show up to a normal hangout - I believe there is a group that hangs out at Spanish Pavilion pre-match - and finds it's overrun by the Sons of Ben. If I were the owner of that place I'd be vigilant, at least.

17. soccerfan

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If i had to take a guess Penn might be closer, and you walk on the street with stores pubs. From Harrison have to cross that bridge but you get to see the stadium. I admit never walked either,we just drive straight to ElPastor. try both and you'll see.

18. Kidtelex

Kidtelex New Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I would say it's pretty similar walks. from Harrison PATH is alittle less confusing cause you see the stadium on the way and from newark penn I felt a little disoriented since it was my first time there and I didn't have a reference as to which direction to go. that said, I think newark penn is the better route since you get to walk past a few bars and such, while between the harrison path and RBA there is absolutely nothing except for that little bodega next to the station.

19. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    You didn't add your own link! :D
    http://www.spanishpavillion.com/
    I've seen your ad on TV. You ought to link it on your web site or post it on youtube!

20. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry for the late update:

We went to Mompou's last week. Food was freakin' awesome! However, the service was a bit on the non-existant side. We had to wave down a waiter anytime we needed anything (including ordering food.) This normally doesn't bother me, but the place wasn't even a quarter full. Maybe there were 4 other tables occupied at the same time as us.

I'd go back once because of the food, and in hopes the service would be better. I'm hoping it was just one of those odd days. If you go, let me know if you had any problems getting served.

21. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is almost exactly the same distance. Personally I prefer Newark Penn. You don't have the bridge and as much traffic to deal with. Also, here are more people who get off at Harrison, so it could take longer to get to the street.

Then after eating you go back to the bridge and then across to the arena

22. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CJ ....
    on 304 Frank E. Rodgers Boulevard North.....Harrison.....

Peruvian Cuisine....
    NOt bad....

23. ckyak

ckyak Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Kearny NJ
    Spanish Pavillion was great today. there was about 200+ philthy fans there at one point and when they started chanting they werent as loud at the 25 red bull fans from the kearny army but it was in all good fun.
    met some cool people from philthy and had a great time pregaming at the SP

24. patrickdavila

patrickdavila Member

Jan 13, 1999
    Easton, PA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Made it to both MMM Bellos and El Pastor (for the post game). Enjoyed my time at both places. Loved hearing the bang get warmed up upstairs at Bellos before the match. Good time had by all.

25. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Anyone else notice a huge drop in quality at the concessions today?

I ordered my customary Chorizo sandwich at Corte's grill and they went from portuguese rolls to a normal roll and the chorizo wasn't half as good. Total bummer!