Gameday RB Arena Travel/Parking/Food/Drink/Hangout Thread

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Woodrow, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Repped and bears repeating.

Hope someday that establishment is of, by and for NYRB fans.

2. NYCfan

NYCfan New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whats more important than travel and food? I'm surprised this hasn't been stickied yet. There have been some great food and brew ideas in this thread as well as this link by xibalba89

Google Map Featuring Restaurants Near Red Bull Arena

3. Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta Member

Oct 16, 2001
    Long Island
    Bumping this thread.

I've never been to Harrison before, but O'Donnell's on Harrison Ave. looks pretty good from their website. At least they have the Red Bulls' games on their schedule.

4. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. tkgunn

tkgunn Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NJ
    Great thread, even though I will probably wander into multiple places tomorrow I felt it should be bumped... Only place I have been to before is Iberia and I recommend Super Bock, great beer.

6. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be trying many different locations all year, so I'm hoping the mods sticky this thread.

7. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Elvis Minaya

Elvis Minaya Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Valparaiso, Chile
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Any one know of an argentinian/uruguayan restaurant near the Arena?

9. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
  10. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bello's was freaking awesome. Great selections of beers, good grub and my kids got to play lots and lots of foosball. FWIW the trolleys seem like a waste of time. You can walk it in as much time as it takes to get there by trolley.

11. Homebrew4U

Homebrew4U New Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Eastchester, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I walked past two or three trolleys from Bello's to RBA. Traffic kept them at a standstill. On the bright side, lots of NY-bound PATH trains made leaving via train surprisingly easy. As I approached the station, it appeared to be a nightmare in the making, but we honestly hardly waited for a train... a couple minutes, tops.

While doing the multiple train commute from Westchester to GCT to NJT takes a bit more time than I'd like... it does make the day relaxing. Get in early, meet new friends while throwing back beers and eats. No worries about a couple more beers during the match 'cause I won't have to drive home.

All in all, I have no complaints about the commute via public transport.

12. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah if not for the Lexington Avenue line being a mess today it would have been even easier for me. Not having to deal with the hassle of driving is worth it to me.

13. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually think we beat the trolley, which tells you how bad the traffic is around there.

14. Elvis Minaya

Elvis Minaya Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Valparaiso, Chile
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    My friends and I went to "Marisqueria" in Madison avenue in Newark. They are great, the price is reasonable and the drinks are cheap. It's a portuguess restaurant surrounded by many other brazilian and portuguess restaurants. It was great. It was about 5 minutes away from the stadium.

15. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For those that did not make it there i highly endorse spending the home opener there next week. There is a bar inside with a few tables and great food. There is a large outside patio tiki bar with grills set up for kebobs. Beer was like $2 or $3. Sangria pitchers. Packed with fans, and a short walk over the bride from the stadium.​

Here is a google map link to the place:​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    can't wait to pass thru there during the season; place looks like fun.

we met up with some buddies, who were at the beer garden and that wasn't bad at all----drinking in the sun, with some samba dancers on stage with the stadium serving as the backdrop was great....until they underestimated the power of drink-poundage on our parts and ran out of becks, leaving us with buds.:D

17. RedBullArena

RedBullArena New Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    so wut were the best bars near the arena? i live in CT and i'm thinking of going to next weeks game

18. Queensred

Queensred New Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    We ate at the Ferry Street BBQ which was great and cheap.We took the trolley and the driver ended up letting us out on the bridge. The traffic was a nightmare. best option will be to walk.

19. nh_ny

nh_ny Member

Jul 12, 2004
    upstate NY
    we'll be getting off at the Harrison Path station. I'll be with my 8-yr old son, so it sounds like Nino's will be a good option (close, and kid-friendly).

Hopefully, the pizza is good -- anyone who's eaten there have opinions?

20. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very good pizza. Big slices!

21. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pastor's get a nod from me. But I'm going to be trying out a few other places each week. Next up, something wife friendly.

22. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First I need to find the friendly wife :D till then who has the best food and drink

23. jevanvoo

jevanvoo Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Manhattan
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    El Pastor. They grilled shishkebobs (chicken, steak, pork) and pork sandwitches out on the patio for us. Amazing sangria. This week is supposed to be on the cool side, but there is room for us inside as well. corner of Polk and Market in the ironbound :) mmm Bellos has a great selection of beers and more of a traditional pub fare. They are located right across from Newark Penn with parking lots in the area. Both locations are restaraunt/bars, so no problem with minors

24. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, I have not checked out El Pastor but I had my kids upstairs at Bello's and it was no problem. Foosball, pool table, good food and great beer selection. Will be making this my local for gamedays.

25. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    went to mmm bellos. Food was not bad, standard, but not as many people showed as I had hoped.