Game week 16

Discussion in 'MLS: Fantasy' started by CarlosE, Jun 16, 2013.

1. CarlosE

CarlosE Member

Dec 13, 2000
    Calvert County, MD
    I have a mediocre 30 pts after the first round, with 11 players still to go. How is everyone else doing?

How is everyone setting themselves up for GW17? What players is everyone eying?

2. odave

odave Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    SE Michigan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I'm at 35 with 8 players on Wednesday. Could be worse, but it seems like my plans always involve the exact wrong players. I stretched myself to get DG players in 16, so my week 17 & 18 plans involve dancing around the byes keep 11 players on the field. I've already used my wildcard so I don't have much room for creativity

3. Beadling Boy

Beadling Boy Member

Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is tougher, is that the next few game weeks are still complicated because of so many moving parts.

For example, next gw Montreal, New England and Vancouver all have byes. Those are three teams from which many I'm sure have players. The following two gw's, 3 teams have byes in each of those weeks, including New England, Houston, Seattle, etc.

Throw on top of that the U20 World Cup which begins in Turkey this weekend (there are a few MLS regulars playing in that tourney) and the Gold Cup tournament which pretty much runs the entire month of July, and in which many, many MLS'ers are participating, and all of these moving parts make the game very complicated.

And, frankly, that's kind of cool because one can't pick one "all-star" team like in the EPL fantasy league and, barring injury, ride that team for gw's on end. This requires much more "stratergizing" and I like that!

4. CarlosE

CarlosE Member

Dec 13, 2000
    Calvert County, MD
    I finished with a respectable 76 pts., but still dropped in several of the leagues in which I played. Lots of 90's and 100+'s. Wow. What a crazy week! How many on here were lucky enough to captain Camillo?