Game of the Century . . . Decade . . . Week? RSL at SJE, 14 July 8:30 MDT

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Ismitje, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Third time unto the breach we go . . .

Here's wishing the third game against San Jose this season happened in Late September or early October. That would amp up what will already be a tense match.

We go into this one as healthy as we've been for a long time. So, coincidentally, does San Jose. Ramiro Corrales is out after picking up two yellow cards last weekend. We seemed to right our defensive ship last week with two straight shutouts, and Fabi comes back from suspension to partner Sabo.

Let's play!

ShaggyReAL repped this.
  2. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What's everyone expectations?
    A win?
    A tie?
    Losing without any excuses?

3. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    A win with excuses.

TheBiff and 15 to 32 repped this.
  4. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game of the millennium. Nothing has ever, nor ever will, come close to the sheer magnitude of the epicness and amzinglyawesomnesslycraziness of this one single game. Ever.

Duiz repped this.
  5. pate

pate Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    Provo, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't believe you're trying to minimize this game to end all games like that. This epic transcends mere millennia -- it is timeless, truly epic. It stands alone with the detritus of history littered about its feet.

BalanceUT repped this.
  6. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ish, not to burst your bubble, but isn't Grabs out thus making it, yet again, a game where we don't have our first 11?

Regardless, we are a different team/midfield with the youngster Gil out there.

----------------Nicky
    -Wingert--Olave--Borchers--Tony-
    -----------------KB
    ---------Will----------Luis
    ----------------Javi
    -------Sabo-------------Javi

I hope Sabo dives, scores a hattrick, and gets multiple red cards for San Jose.
    Then those whining assholes could cry a river while we show them video of Len-Douche pulling down Olave for a red card.

7. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I figure that only two players out (Schuler and Grabs) is pretty good compared to other points this season.

8. MOS5

MOS5 Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two Javi's? I like the sound of that!

9. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    fabi, javi, what's the difference? They'll both be putting the ball in the SJ net

MOS5 repped this.
  10. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is one that I need to watch with other people. If I don't have a watch party of my own, where is a good place to watch with like-minded SJE haters?

11. Mauly

Mauly Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Section 10
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Bourbon House. 200 South Main Street, SLC.

12. KendaReal

KendaReal Member+

May 3, 2010
    Taylorsville, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fix'd

13. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously, this is a massive game. Quakes seem to be in a bit of funk now, so best time to strike.

Considering we already lost twice to them, that makes this 1 vs 2 even bigger.

Beckerman got another yellow last week, is he suspended again, isn't he back to 5 cumulative?

14. Bulldog SLC

Bulldog SLC Member

May 4, 2012
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Republican....I admittingly never been to the Bourbon House, but The Republican is my choice by far. :geek:

15. ShaggyReAL

ShaggyReAL Awesome is my middle name

Dec 9, 2009
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wanna see some Goonies die!!!

16. Bulldog SLC

Bulldog SLC Member

May 4, 2012
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    God! I hope we win this match! I would love to see their obnoxious, flopping ass get beat at home! They have the nerve to call our guys floppers! Apparently the Olave episode never happened in their world. The douchequakes have an absolutely exciting defense game that their diving offense and wannabe tough guys fans just ******** up!

17. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A win, but nearly everyone here will complain.

18. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    unless Sabo scores a hat-trick again (or even if he does, but misses a few chances) georg will not be happy with his performance.

Phills will jump at anyone who claims KB isn't god's holding mid

UP will say ******** +/- 50 times

Balance will bring in statistics and bore the shit out of half of us

Ish will make a smart remark that we all gloss over

Lizzie will lead the charge in the calling SJ douche's department

IBIK will make another good point we gloss over while also giving us a reporter's POV

I'll make a bullet point list that is a wall of text that everyone will say "******** that, I'm not reading this"

etc

- sum thread

Sabra, Black Prince, BalanceUT and 9 others repped this.
  19. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll mix things up and comment on how good-looking footballers are running around in shorts instead.

20. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RSL has largely outplayed these bastards twice and have nothing to show for it. We're due for a good performance and some breaks.

Last year the team I kept rooting against was LA, and they kept finding ways to win - annoying me to no end. This year, it's these clowns from San Jose.

I still hesitate to say "they're for real" but after half a season, I think I have to acknowledge it. Wondo's just flat out gifted and the Indigo Girls look-alike band they bring in to bum rush the box late in the match (Gorden and Lenhardt) are effective if repugnant. Their D's not unbeatable, but it makes key plays like a championship team does.

15 to 32 repped this.
  21. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't he already serve the suspension for too many cards? He'd be back to 1 on that stat.

Also I can take up the douche calling mantle.

We're owed some karma and it'd be hilarious to see them get some weak reds and lose.

22. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Due to work commitments, the Great El-ahrairah is posting this from the land of bratwurst and beer, and nope, it's not Wisconsin. It's Deutschland, home of teutonic, blond haired soccer players named Kurt and fat women named Brunhilda who sing at the end of operas. And since I"m here, I can now sniff about how you Amerikkkans will never understand fussball and your best MLS team wouldn't be able to avoid relegation in the Oberliga Nord. Jawohl!

I called the San Hose-Me front office and this is the starting line up that they gave me. It looks kind of "sketchy", but I guess since I was was calling from das Vaterland, they wanted me to feel at home.
    ------------------------------------------Herman Goring-------------------------------------------------
    ----Martin Heidegger--------Ernst Rohm--------Alfred Jodl----------Willy Messerschmitt-------
    ----Joseph Goebbels-----Joachim von Ribbentrop-----Albert Speer--------Kurt Waldheim------
    ----------------------------Rudolph Hess----------------------Heinrich Himmler----------------------
    Coach: Adolph Hitler
    Coach Suck-up: Martin Bormann
    Ass. Coach: Karl Donitz

Up front, there are Hess and Himmler. San Hose-Me will have to watch out for Hess since he has a tendancy to give himself up to the opposing team.

The midfield is anchored by Goebbels on the right and Waldheim, the former UN Secretary on the left.

The defense has Ernst Rohm as CB with Heidegger, presumably having found the answer to the question of being, on the right wing.

Goring is goal and with his "girth" he should be able to stop some goals.

The coach is, of course, Hitler with Donitz as assistant coach. Donitz needs to be able to step in at a moments notice since Hitler is know to commit sucide if his team starts loosing.

Since one of the memes on the internet is that when a discussion devolves to calling people "nazis", that discussion has run it's course, so if that's the case, the mods should kill this thread and start a new one.

15 to 32 and lurpythepirate repped this.
  23. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where's the grammar Nazi in that lineup? He'd be perfect at CB fixing mistakes.

Ismitje repped this.
  24. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    This is the most thorough Godwinning I've ever seen. Well done.

I was going to do one of my own made up of world-renown douchebags, but no matter how bad they were, the most famous douches never really compared to the douchetrumpet in chief, Double Douche Lenhart. The baggery literally consumes him and everything he touches.

Black Prince repped this.
  25. I_Believe_In_Kreis

Oct 2, 2006
    on the pitch
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe it's just me but I'm getting tired of watching my team play San Jose. There's something about SJ's playing style that's just repulsive...I can't stand watching games involving them. And it has nothing to do with how much they have RSL's number right now - I haven't enjoyed watching them for years, even when RSL was beating them every time. I watched their game against Portland and it made me want to vomit.

I'm glad this is the last time RSL plays them this year and I look forward to not watching them play again until they face RSL - for the 4th time this season - in the playoffs.

Allez RSL repped this.