Game #8:FIRE vs. RSL 5/3 7:30pm (My50)

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by firefan2001, Apr 20, 2014.

1. goldclover

goldclover Member+

Mar 25, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Please not Pineda! I would go with this...

Johnson

palmer hurtado soumare cochrane

big red

nyarko joya duka

shipp

magee

I am not completely opposed to giving a healthy (if he is) Barrouch a start up top beside Magee and take out joya.

2. Pablo Chicago

Pablo Chicago Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    Sweet Home Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From Chicago Fire Confidential:

3. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So he's on the Sherjill MacDonald diet of deep dish pizza and chocolate?

4. Pablo Chicago

Pablo Chicago Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    Sweet Home Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, just a misunderstanding. Clint Mathis stuffs his trash in Duka's locker.

[​IMG]

xtomx, loonixxx, bunge and 1 other person repped this.
  5. HeyFireGO

HeyFireGO Member+

May 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Clint looks like he ate the old Clint.

Duka is probably fed gourmet meals by Gordon Ramsey, I mean Frank Yallop.

6. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dilly sure is wasting a bunch of cap space for doing essentially nothing.

7. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So... Do you think Frank "Gordon Ramsay" Yallop has called him a cow yet in regards to his fitness? ;)

8. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    9 games, 9 games, why do people always forget about the Concacaf Champions league?

9. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dilly is missing as much as Jumper. Does this team have an Amber alert?

10. snkscore

snkscore Member+

Jun 24, 2007
    La Grange, IL
    Unfit might mean "not yet healthy" or "injured". If it means he can't run for long enough because he's not working hard, then that's something that's an issue. It wasn't a problem for him playing long minutes last year.

11. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    I saw last week that Yallop said Jumper was going to miss some game (i don't know if it was the Revs or the reserve game) because of personal issues. It was't clear from the tweet if that was the reason he's been missing all season or if it was something new

12. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jumper has disappeared since camp in Arizona.

13. Pablo Chicago

Pablo Chicago Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    Sweet Home Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somebody was going to do it...

[​IMG]

Es Brennt repped this.
  14. iron81

iron81 Member+

Jan 6, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Duka has been injured. Returned to training last week but didn't dress against Revs.

15. Pablo Chicago

Pablo Chicago Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    Sweet Home Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joya put two in the net against Tiajuana for the U-21s...just saying.

16. Khan

Khan Member+

Mar 16, 2000
    On the road
    With Magee, I'd like to see him get as much of a look as a Wondolowski did before I make that determination.

With Johnson, look at the GK ahead of him in the depth chart: Howard and Rimando are on the wrong side of 30, and Guzan will be 30 later this year. One would anticipate that the 3rd GK should be a player that has a chance of being in his prime for the next world cup cycle. Most likely, neither Howard nor Rimando will be in the national team photo, given their ages, and Guzan may not be, either.

I maintain that Johnson pissed away a clear-cut national team slot/free trip to Brazil this summer. He's a great shot-stopper, and a great athlete at the GK position. But his distribution still sucks, and he loses focus in matches, leading to David James-style blunders.

17. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    That basically never happens. A current coach doesn't give a crap about the next World Cup. They need experience and a player they can rely on in an emergency. They're not at all interested in advancing the soccer program for any given country.

Anyone remember the 2002 World Cup when old and fat Tony Meola got the call when Friedel and Keller were battling for the number one spot? Tim Howard was a year away from a $4 million transfer to Manchester United and he didn't get the call. Would it have been better for Howard and the US program? Probably, but that doesn't get added to the equation.

I've said this before but fans tend to think of these real games as if they're playing a video game like Championship Manager or FIFA when there are no real consequences for failing.

18. pena pirata

pena pirata Member+

Sep 28, 2013
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Yes, it is all about this World Cup right now. Worrying about the next World Cup and what happens in 2018 starts the day after the 2014 World Cup ends.

19. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    True. It's slightly different this time around since Klinsmann already has been extended through the 2018 World Cup. So, he might have some thought about the future. But even then, he will likely be looking for a 3rd goalie that he would be comfortable with if called on in Brazil. My money is on Rimando.

20. Khan

Khan Member+

Mar 16, 2000
    On the road
    #70 Khan, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
    The 3rd GK rarely plays, outside of an injury. In a roster with two older GKs, the third should be younger, for the benefit of being somewhat sure to have a GK with some WC experience in the next go around.

I will agree, that [right now] Rimando is the better GK than Johnson, because Johnson seemingly can't pay attention for 90 minutes every game, and can't distribute the ball. However, Rimando is not better than Guzan and Howard, and never will be. But in 2018, a 27 or 28 year old Johnson or Hamid might be better than a 33 year old Guzan.

21. HeyFireGO

HeyFireGO Member+

May 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Played this one on FIFA 14.

Magee scored early and then RSL tied it up after half time.

1-1

firefan2001 repped this.
  22. pena pirata

pena pirata Member+

Sep 28, 2013
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    This is the second head coach now that it seems that it is not a priority to work on ball distribution. Frank 1.0 tried hiding the deficiency by going short to Berry or Friedrich. It is something that he needs to work on.

23. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    Our last four results against RSL are WTTT. I also think Kreis was a big part of their success. I have hopes for at least a draw

24. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Do you have any ********ing clue when a GK is in his prime?

25. cweimers

cweimers Member+

Mar 5, 2010
    DC
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For perspective, Howard is 35 now and a 100% lock to start every game in Brazil. Barring something spectacularly bad happening to Guzan or the sudden discovery of an American goalkeeping phenom, the starting job in Russia is his.

SixKick repped this.