Game #25:FIRE @ DC 8/22/12 6:30pm (CSN)

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by firefan2001, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    I disagree we were set up to counter. For starters, we had 52% possession. I agree though, Sherjill was an island in the first half, a little better with Rolfe pushed up a bit in the second. The bigger issue was the laziness in the midfield. For all the stops and turnovers those stats showed, far too many of them were given right back in the midfield. I don't think we let them dominate, in order to try and counter, I think we were just bad.

Here are some numbers for times "tackled and possession lost"
    Nyarko-24
    Rolfe-16
    Pappa-17
    Pardo-14
    Paladini-11
    Anibaba-12
    Total-94

and unsuccessful passes (successful, %)
    Nyarko-15 (22, 59%)
    Rolfe-11 (21, 66%)
    Pappa-11 (23, 68%)
    Pardo-13 (52, 80%)
    Paladini-8 (42, 82%)
    Anibaba-11 (23, 68%)
    Total-69 (183, 73%)

Note that once again, while still terrible, Paladini performs better than the rest in these stats

2. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Paladini's effort was good, especially when compared to most of his team mates...the passing %'s are mostly due to the positioning of the players...for example, Nyarko had way less options than Pardo or Paladini...the same goes for possession lost (double or triple teamed compared to time and space + options) I totally agree that we came out flat, and there was no sense of urgency...but we were not set up to score goals, we were set up to defend...and another big factor was using the same lineup over and over...Pardo is no spring chicken, yet he's played about every minute of every match...there is more talent on the bench now, and there is certainly more formations and game plans, and our mentality needs to be much more diverse than defend and counter...or we're just gonna get worn down and disappointed. We need to change our focus (and formation)...before it's too late.

loonixxx repped this.
  3. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    I agree with pretty much all of this. But have no rep to give.

As for formation change, I don't think it's likely. If we do switch to a 442, Oduro is our only sub striker. Nyarko is our only sub attacking midfielder. We have finally got ourselves a solid bench, and we'd be doing away with that by making a formation change. Reading about Toja has me slightly hoping we make a surprise move for him. Would give us more midfield cover (by putting Pappa or Alex on the bench), and allow Nyarko to be used as either midfield or striker cover

4. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not mad at you, you're like a little kid. Everytime I think a player does bad your response is -------hater2001. So if Videira starts and has a bad game and I say it, I'll become videirahater2001. Why no odurohater2001? I've said more than hundred times that he shouldn't be in the starting 11 or come on as a sub.

Grow up anotherbodymurdered.........oh well kids will be kids.......

5. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well they do but that stat is reserved for the GK. ;)

6. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. Just wow. Pot meet kettle.

[​IMG]

bunge repped this.
  7. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    82% successful passing rating is great, those Paladini stats are definitely in the good territory.

8. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pause gets 90% back passing accuracy rates. ;) :p

9. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    I realize this is a joke, but I checked it anyways...Over the last four games (NY, SJ, TOR, and PHI), his passing was 153/17, for (somewhat creepily) an average of exactly 90%

Kozy repped this.
  10. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    I HATE STATS!!!!

11. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're not alone...

About 43% of sports fans hate stats too...:D

fireman451, loonixxx and bunge repped this.