futsal fields

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by onzie77, Apr 9, 2014.

1. onzie77

onzie77 Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    May 18, 2012
    miami
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I was wondering what the square footage of a futsal field would be to build an indoor field with stands.

I keep hearing all sorts of numbers thrown around and i'm kind of having a hard time visualizing the field being that small when i see on youtube futsal games played on bigger courts.

Can any of you guys help me by having the actual square footage of the court.

if in wrong forum please move it to right forum

2. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Futsal court is 138 feet x 82 feet max.

[​IMG] \

AN indoor soccer rink is typically 200 feet x 85 feet at the max.
    [​IMG]

skipper60601 repped this.
  3. SJJ

SJJ Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Royal Oak, MI, USA
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3 SJJ, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
    The common futsal court is 40 meters (usually by 20 meters) [131.2-by-65.6 feet, or 43.7-by-21.9 yards]. (Futsal and team handball courts are identicle, with similar goal / penalty areas, and identical goal sizes.)

To help picture this, the standard FIBA basketball court is 28-by-15 meters [91.9-by-49.2 feet, or 30.6-by-16.4 yards], and each end has a six-meter goal / pen area, so I've seen Euroleague basketball courts that have the futsal / handball lines drawn off the hoops endlines.

And since the original poster is European, the standard IIHF hockey rink is (60 or 61)-by-30 meters [200.1-by-98.4 feet, or 66.7-by-32.8 yards]. So if you are considering ever needing a hockey-sized rink, plan for that, then the futsal / handball and basketball courts fit inside it. Or if you just need the futsal / handball court, then the basketball court fits inside that.