Futebol dos Gringos: Football unrelated to NT and Brasileirão [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Mengão86, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    [​IMG]

He will be missed. :D

benni... repped this.
  2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If these rumors have any veracity to them, you could see him as Spuds new coach.

3. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    Chelsea are in no way, any better in attack.

Take Cech, Terry, Lampard, Matic, Salah, Mikel, and possibly Hazard out of the 2nd leg.

And i'm prepared to have egg on my face if wrong, but i really cannot see Chelsea getting through. They struggled to have much of the ball last night, with a defensive/possession orientated line up.

Now there hand is forced with more attack-minded players, which will suit Atletico even more. Chelsea's home leg will be much like last night, but with less defensive cover. Which will result in away goooooals.

Ethier this tie will go to penalty's or Atletico are going through in normal time.

There, i said it. ;)

4. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Well, Chelsea's attacking players are more talented (other than at striker). The problem is that Simeone has been managing this side for 4 years and has molded it to his exact specifications, while Mourinho obviously hasn't. (Atletico's defense has been together Simeone's entire run there - that's certainly very helpful.)

I do think Chelsea are slight underdogs, but if Hazard plays, I'd say those odds tilt a bit the other way.

5. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    They don't have to be better.. their defense just has to be better, and by all accounts it was. It forced Atletico to play how Chelsea wanted them to play. Long ball, long ball, long ball, force it on the ground in the box, cross, cross, cross. It was a lot of diagonal runs and crosses into the box for a team thats more stout in defense.

Etoo and Hazard back, that should cause some mass chaos in Atletico's 3rd. I have Chelsea through on a lucky 1-0 goal and then just bunker.

6. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You watching so much epl this season you call the spurs spuds now? ..................

7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #2132 Mengão86, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    I just called them that because they have been playing like it under Sherwood.

8. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Actually, as crazy as it may seem, I believe they've taken more points per match under Sherwood than they did under AVB :)

9. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    As soon as I said that, I knew someone would bring up AVB. I should have known it would have been you :p

10. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    #2135 Kaka10725, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    76% possession and nothing to show for it. Instead they should be down by more goals. I saw nothing with the direct futbol they played last year.

11. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    I don't belive you.....
    I'm not convinced, Atletico's defense are the best in Europe atm, they still haven't lost a game in the CL....that's some record.

Sorry, but even with eto and hazard I don't think it will make too much difference.

Just look at how messi, neymar and numerous other attacking outlets have struggled.

I'm not underrating eto or hazard, eto was a beast in his day, and hazards legacy is just beggining,

I just fail to see what they will bring to the table that other equally, some arguably better attacking outlets tried and failed to achieve.

12. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Modric is going to be handful when we play Croatia.

13. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Said the same thing about Chelsea when they went on to win it. Same team same opposition same styled coach. Chelsea will win ugly, it doesn't have to be pretty and it doesn't require skill, just some luck and a great defense. Mou doesn't disappoint and he won't come next week. Atletico back to their one direction futbol.. cross and pray.

14. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    Without Cech and Terry they don't have a great defense....

15. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    David Luiz can't play Terry's position?? lol thats news to me.

Schwarzer is more than serviceable, had his moments in Vicente Calderon but came out on top.

I get it, you hate Chelsea cuz your a Manure, but ultimately, fate has decided Blue. dwi

16. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    Surely you don't mean the same calamity David Luiz that can no longer be trusted to play the DC role for either club or country? Due to his abysmal concentration levels and clumsy circus acts and tricks.

Schwarzer?? Bwaha, the guy is inconsistent...no where near Cechs level.

17. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    The hate is real.

The Gawd has spoken.

18. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    :confused: Luiz was one of the starting CBs when Chelsea won the CL. He's a perfectly competent CB. You'd better hope so, at least, since he's starting for you in the summer! (Unless you want Dante to give away more penalties in high pressure situations?)
    It's not as if Atletico's attacking players are especially amazing, you know. Their best plan has been to use Raul Garcia as a version of Duncan Ferguson for god's sake!

Ribo_2006 repped this.
  19. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    This.. aside Diego Costa, it was a lot of diagonal runs by Raul Garcia from the wing with or without the ball followed by a dinky header or shot at or past the goalie or an attempt to one touch it to an open attacker in the area which would get cut out by Chelsea or the touch would be skewed by the same player. Also a lot of long range shots, for a team that pressured Chelsea for very long stretches of the game the Atleti attack didn't exactly look leaps and bounds better than the few chances Chelsea had.

20. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    David Luiz is not trusted to play the CB role for country? Since when, Scolari has made him vice-captain. He's been the starter for what 2 years now. He has his moment but he's a lot like a young Lucio was. I think when it matters DL can be counted on.

21. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Tevez scores his first European Cup goal in 4 years! He made Luisao of Benfica look silly!! It's a shame he won't be playing for Argentina this World Cup!!:(

22. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Kaka 10725,

As much as I like Sideshow Bob I really think so he needs to have 2 centerbacks playing with him!! That's why I praying that for the World Cup we go to a 3-5-2 formation, but I know that wont happen

23. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He outplayed TS at the Confed's Cup IMO.

Kaka10725 repped this.
  24. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    He has played better as a CB for Brazil than for Chelsea (not that he has been bad for Chelsea, mind, just not quite as good).

25. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Agreed, but early on he was also making the same silly mistakes for us as he was at Chelsea. At the start of 2013, he started to pick up his game for us and he also played well down the stretch for Chelsea last season. Since then, he's been fairly good and stable for us while TS has made a few mistakes -- including 2 at the Confed Cup.