Futebol dos Gringos: Football unrelated to NT and Brasileirão [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Mengão86, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    lol.. why don't Barcelona just sign someone over the summer.. o wait..

Thanks UEFA. Dark days are upon us young Cules.

2. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Damn and things have gotten darker after our loss to Granada!! 42 years of dominance down the f****** toilet! The lead is now lost the only thing we can hope for now is the Kings Cup on Wednesday if we don't f*** that up!

3. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    lol in all honesty.. I see it very hard for Barce to beat RM with a make-shift backline. Best attack in futbol against a very struggling defense.

This should be good.

4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    This dude Neymar is sucha loser.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

NotreDameFlamengo repped this.
  5. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Barca was the wrong place for Neymar to go - I said that at the beginning of the season. They prize very specific play on the wings, and Neymar wants a lot more freedom. He'd have been much better off going to Real. (What, did you think I was going to suggest Chelsea? :p)

6. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Unbelievable. I might actually like him as a player were it not for these pathetic antics. Takes diving and simulation to a whole new level.

7. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He actually had me fooled a few times at Santos when I thought he was seriously injured.

8. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I still remember this one time when he dove and poked his eye lol. He then got subbed out and had to go to the doctor cuz he damaged it or something. lol he was in the stands for the rest of the game with drops in his eyes and ice with a paper towel.

9. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I think UEFA and FIFA should start cleaning up the game with post game fines and suspension maybe that will stop the theatrics in the game.

NotreDameFlamengo and s7kru repped this.
  10. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Governing bodies in sports are so backwards. They should have been doing this years ago and today we should be talking about having assistant refs watching constantly from different angles in the booth to help the refs on the field. We could go over the issues that would bring up once we actually get to that point where we're considering it.

One thing though: if you do it for diving you have to do it for fouling too. Diving is a direct result of referees being human and therefore not capable of catching every single foul. It evolved beyond that but it's a direct result of that.

11. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Diving because the ref is not protecting you I understand a bit but the play acting is disgusting. The player gets hit in the arm and holds his face and actually have the medics actually attend to his suppose injuries just annoys me. It just brings down the game.

12. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm not talking about specific moments, I'm talking about why it exists in the first place. If refereeing were perfect it wouldn't exist at all because all fouls would be punished and all exaggerations/dives etc would too and no behavior of the sort would be rewarded. I agree the sort of fake injury you call out is really bad, but it exists for a reason, it earns some sort of reward for the players (even if not always).

In the end though we clearly agree that this sort of approach would be good for the game. In fact, one of the benefits of after-the-fact evaluations is that they are more capable of punishing both violations at the same time (e.g. a foul that also contains a dive or embellishment). In the game the ref is handicapped, it's either a foul or a dive, never both, at least as far as what team ends up with the ball. In some rare cases refs will penalize a foul AND a dive or embellishment but that requires a lot.

13. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Even if Neymar doesn't even win a World Cup, he'll win an Oscar.

celito repped this.
  14. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Neymar will win Oscar?
    image.jpg
    I will now slink away having made my obligatory terrible joke that doesn't even really make sense.

15. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You weren't the only one thinking about it, you just posted it first xD

MatthausSammer repped this.
  16. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Liverpool choking?

17. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That was one hell of a game between Liverpool and Manchester City! ! Nice goal from Coutihno. It's Liverpool's title to lose, even with Manchester's extra 2 games!!

18. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Oh why don't you give Neymar a fuking break. He was the best player of the match.
    Tell you what, let me elbow you right below your adams apple as you run towards me and see what a fuking cry baby you will be.

Chelsea up 1X0 and looking like a phenomenal ending to the EPL. Can't wait for the title match Liverpool vs. Chelsea.

Looking like this is the year for Atletico Madrid. Who would have guessed.

19. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Diego Costa looks like he might've broken his leg scoring a goal just now.

Could just be a bad bruise and cut, but his knee collided into the goal. There's blood also.

20. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Could be just a bone bruise.

21. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    A title match that could give the title to Manchester City.

They only have smaller teams to beat left and if they win all 6 of their games and Liverpool drops a point Manchester City wins.

Of course if Liverpool beat Chelsea they just need to win 3 easier games to secure the title.

22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I am with Ombak on this. I really hate diving, but defenders get away with just as much. They play as dirty if not dirtier and try to get away with as much possible during a game on and off the ball. Somehow that doesn't get as much attention as diving.

23. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Too bad we didnt have these discussions when Claudio Gentile was playing!!:D

24. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    lol dude stop right there.

Neymar RAN into the guy.. who runs intentionally into an elbow if it was an elbow?? Thats self-harm.. that makes even less sense. I guess Neymar enjoys pain lol.

25. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Citeh have been shaky on the road, may be without Toure (or a fully fit Toure) and still have to play at Everton, who're fighting with Arsenal for 4th. It really is a three horse race, so long as Chelsea can get a result at Anfield.
    Liverpool are helped by an easier final schedule - the only side that still needs points is Norwich, and for some reason Suarez destroys Norwich.