Futebol dos Gringos: Football unrelated to NT and Brasileirão [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Mengão86, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He was not poor in the both legs against Milan, that's not true. He was the best on the field in the first leg against PSG, isn't that good opposition enough? As good as he was in the first leg against PSG, Rafael has never played a game anywhere close to that.

I have watched every single game Barcelona played this season and he has been good, it seems like the rest of the Barcelona board here at BS shares that opinion since he is the 4th best player of the team this season according to their voting. 9 assists so far is not bad either, specially for a player that missed as many games as he.

For the NT he has 5 goals and 10 assists in his last 57 games. Well you can find your moments of brilliance there. He is a RB, he needs options when he comes forward, something that he doesn't have at the NT. The problem has been more with the coaches than with Dani Alves.

Anyway I don't see us agreeing on this one, which is ok. I would pick Dani Alves for my team in the WC over any other player we have for that position at the moment.

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    9 assists?

Daniel Alves: http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/30901/daniel-alves?cc=5901
    Rafael: http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/25409/rafael-da-silva?cc=5901

Do you know the last time Alves scored a goal for Brazil? Or even made an assist?

3. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I was counting all competition this season. So he has more than twice as many assists than Rafael this season in total (league, CL and cup). Rafael has scored 2 more goals. Let's not even compare previous seasons.

Dani Alves had a assist against Sweden in 2012.

Rafael didn't exactly convince in the U23 team either.

I'm not so much against testing other players, but I do believe we have to find some kind base starting lineup. Confed and WC coming up and we still don't know more or less who'll play.

Look at all the good NT's, they have a team that have been playing regularly together for some time now. Then they can easily change or test 1,2 or 3 players when needed. We are still testing players like Ronaldinho, Kaka and many much less proven players. Soon we will be there in 2014 with the WC in our home and there will still be questions on who's going to play or even who's going to be picked to the squad.

For that WC2014 that we have to win I'd rather trust in Dani Alves than Rafael.

4. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I thought this sort of thing only happened in South America.....

5. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Casemiro starting for real madrid today

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The actual team or Castilla?

7. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    actual team with ronaldo ,benzema, ozil, and marcelo starting

8. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Interesting. He must have impressed Mourinho with Castilla or maybe this is just a random test. I'll have to check the RM board. I haven't been following since his move.

9. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
  10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    benni... - why the hell is Fergie constantly playing Rooney as a midfielder? What a waste...

11. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    Gotze's gunna screw Dortmund over and join bayern...I feel sick for bvb. The timing is appalling aswell, sack the agent ffs. Any decent send off Gotze deserved for his efforts in Dortmunds rise, have gone. Leave him to rot on the bench....

Wow im in shock!! Im not even a bvb fan I'd like to add.

12. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Yeah, thats a huge dick move to come out with that now. At the very least they should have waited until one of them is eliminated from the CL. Imagine if they both advance.

I agree, I'd send him to the bench.

13. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That is the problem with European foorball all the best players go to the same big clubs every year. .

NotreDameFlamengo repped this.
  14. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Dante playing well.

15. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Alves is Barca's best player. That should tell you something.

16. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  17. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Barca has the most hated players in futbol. Busquets, Alba, Alves, Pedro are truly disgusting players sometimes.

18. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Don't hate the player hate the game. Playacting is here to stay and at times necessary. For instance If Ivanovic would of play acted when Suarez bit him they would of won the game.

19. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Diving I have come to accept to an extent but playacting really annoys me. I think every single league should take the NBA approach. Fines then ultimately suspensions are handed out.

NotreDameFlamengo repped this.
  20. PapaDoc23

PapaDoc23 Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Brooklyn,New York
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    I can imagine Barcelona excecs are on the phone with Neymar's dad right now in tears begging him to convince Neymar to join the Blaugrana. Seriously Barcelona looked horrible today. Bayern decimated them. Now Barca fans who scoffed at the notion of getting Neymar are clamoring him to join ASAP.

Also Scolari needs to look at this game as a blue print on how to defeat Spain if we face them in the Confederation Cup or world cup. Real Madrid and Bayern showed how to defeat the tiki taka.

21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That was a pretty bad display and probably the end of an era. But maybe this is good news for the Selecao in 2014. Maybe Spain will go the way of Barca ? And Messi, while still scoring sh1t loads of goals, has clearly become less mobile this season. Hopefully he will get to 2014 exhausted.

22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I wouldn't overreact. It probably would have been a different game had Messi been totally healthy. I still think Bayern would have gotten the result, but not of that magnitude.

As far as end of an era, as long as Messi, Xavi and Iniesta are playing at a high level, I don't see it ending. Barca obviously has some holes that have been exposed due to injuries and poor form. I think Barca has been quite wasteful in their signings as of late -- Sanchez, Fabregas (wasn't a "need"), Song (same as Fabregas), etc while neglecting areas of need like CB and striker. Puyol had already shown he can't stay healthy. Behind Pique and Puyol, there's no depth other than improvising DMs. Villa hasn't been the same since returning from injury...

23. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Only time
    Only time will really tell. But I think this Barca team is getting long in the tooth. The need major reinforcements in defense and attack.

24. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    Barca deserved that mauling...Pedro and Sanchez should of been the wingmen with Villa as the st. Villa is still a top 10 fc on his day. Problem is, barca are wasting his true potential like they did with Henry.

Alves was horrible last night...
    Messi should never of played.

End of an era?? I dont think so, they're already using the current crop to teach the future generation their style, and Messi is still very young, Iniesta is only 27 aswell I think.

Xavi's game has never been about speed, I expect he has around 4-5 years max, left in the tank.

Neymar will soon be there aswell, I just think it's a poor rut of form mixed with a backline lacking a true leader and a gk lacking desire to play there anymore. Valdes should of stopped 2 of the goals.