Fulham vs Blackburn 11/27 (R)

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Fulhamfc3, Nov 20, 2004.

1. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    Jeremy,
    May I ask what you liked most about your Cottage experience?! Did you get to sing?

2. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

Oct 26, 2004
    Minneapolis
    I most certainly did get a chance to sing... at least as long as there was singing to be done... the fans kind of shut up and didn't sing much in the 2nd half. Far more "Come on Fulham" than "Come on You Whites"... only one reference to the Blue Flag and that was pre-match. I think we'll hear that a bit more today...

If I had to pick what I liked most it was watching Crossley come out at the beginning of the 1st half and doing everything he could to fire the fans up. He obviously loves the team and the fans and interacted well with them prior to kickoff. All the players were very responsive to the fans, especially before the game.

And, what's better than singing "The referee's a wanker"... although that was more commonly replaced with "Pissed another goal away"... sang that a few too many times that day.

And, in a piggish way, the Cravenettes were quite fun as well...

The stadium setting is amazing, as well. Right on the Thames, the walk through the park is fantastic and coming out at halftime for a couple of beers on the river is quite nice.

Can't wait to get the pics back from my friends. I didn't end up bringing my camera because they had some great digitals with them.

-J

3. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    Great Jeremy and I love to hear stories of a persons first trip to the Cottage, thats fantastic.

You have just brought me back to my trip in October...now I'll spend the rest of the day missing the cottage and wanting to go back ASAP.

I don't know, something about the local fulham fans, they are really a great bunch there...

On that note, I will DEFINITELY be heading back in march/april...if anyone is interested (which I know some of you are) we should think about heading over together...but I'm thinking a separate thread should be started since I want the title of this thread to go away as quickly as possible!

4. therealronaldo7

therealronaldo7 New Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Jeremy,
    If you want a tape of the match as we talked about, let me know. I taped it and will send it your way.

5. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    As much as I like Cookie this comment is probably right. While there have been injuries and suspensions to deal with, a big problem has been the tactics, the 4-5-1 has to go as we have all said, and the committment from the players. Games like Villa, Palace and Blackburn were matches in which Fulham not only lost, but showed no heart, pride or anything. When those kinds of things happen, one has to point the finger in the direction of the manager. I do not think Cookie's motivational tactics are working either.
    On paper, we have a good team. If healthy, a team that can compete with most any team. Cookie must change his ways in dealing with the team on and off the pitch or he might find himself sacked soon. It pains me as I like him, but it is true.

6. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    NOrVA

It really does pain me to say it though. I actually got to see him play in I think his last home game at Fulham before his car accident in 2001. He went into rehab but never was able to regain playing condition. I was really happy to see him stay with the club as an advisor and eventually take over for Tiagana when he was fired.

I'm not sure what to think, but if him getting the axe is what its gonna take to win, then i guess that's what its gonna take.

7. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    I hope Coleman can turn things around, but it might be too late. I guess we will all soon find out.

8. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Boca on the bench? Boca is better than Zat that simple.We need a LB because the odds are Bonnisell will not be back to the same way he used to play after a long term injury.A good defensive Mid will help and a young keeper because our keepers are 35 and 34.Also we could use a Forward our Forwards are 33,32,30 and Hammond is 23 or 24.

9. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    Hammond, in my opinion (which shouldn't mean much becaue I have barely seen him play), is only a Division 1 striker at best right now.

10. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    NOrVA
    You forget that he's "the king"

11. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    I like Boca a lot, but reading your posts a lot over the last two months, you strike me as someone who thinks all American players are the best. While I am American myself and I want the Americans to do their best, they are not always the best option. You brought an under 17 goalkeeper up, an old Kasey Keller you suggested, and you act as though Bocanegra is the best defender in the EPL. I like your spirit and I like your patriotism towards the Americans, but you have to keep an open mind about these players.

12. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    No i said Westberg as a response to something about Real Salt Lake.And Keller i would say would be a bad pick if Fulham are going after a keeper. I sai Boca is better than Knight. Boca isnt the best defender in the world but, also he is playing in LB when he should be playing in the center. Plus i like the US nat team so sometimes i say great things about American players even if its wrong.Country over Club.

13. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    The club versus country debate goes beyond the players and the actual clubs. It involves the fans as well. I am a club over country guy when it comes to my rooting interests.

14. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Score against Mexico in Azteca or score against Scum in Stamford Bridge.I'll take the first one.