Fulham vs Blackburn 11/27 (R)

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Fulhamfc3, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Ok Fulham play Blackburn next Saturday in what has to be a big match for both teams. Both teams are in the bottom half of the table and need a win.Fulham play Scum in the Carling Cup next which could mean they could be looking ahead to that match. This is a match we could dominate and when Blackburn have to defend they can concede the easiest goals. Im gonna say 4-0 Fulham. Heres some of the reasons why I say that big of a score.

1.At Fulham

2. Blackburn have the worst defense in the Premiership

2. therealronaldo7

therealronaldo7 New Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    This match is extremely important for Fulham. Due to the fact that it is at hme and Blackburn are near or at the bottom of the table, the three points are gonne be huge. Fulham MUST WIN this match. Indeed the Carling CUp quarterfinal match with Chelsea is looming, but Fulham must focus on Blackburn. It is vital. More on this match throughout the week.

3. knad110

knad110 New Member

Aug 20, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Hopefully they remember the home match last year when they appeared to have it won at the half and lost 4-3. I agree they should not even give Chelsea a thought until it's over. The full three points is critical - a loss or a draw is a disaster. I think they will crank up the offense again and score some goals. Boa needs to have his head in the game. It sounds like he spent most of today whining.

4. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Coleman can bring home the point all he wants about they need to focus on Blackburn but, it rarely happens when a derby is in another 3 days. This is a huge mismatch on paper Fulham should walk away with 3 easy does Blackburn even have a better player in any position? But, this is why they play the matches on grass not paper. Blackburn are talking tough but, can they back it up? Also Fulham need to get quality shots on goal no my bad class shots because if you send a bunch of mistimed shots Freidel will stop those all day. The key is to show how bad Blackburns defense is. When Burn play even mid table teams they seem to give up goals.

5. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    I know I have been out of the Blackburn loop in the last 22 hours, but what kind of tough talking are they doing? I did not read or hear anything about this. Also, while Blackburn did give up some goals yesterday, they showed a lot of heart and pride in coming back to tie the match at 3 yesterday. Do not underestimate the work of Paul Dickov. He is a solid player up front and could cause our defense some problems. No match is a for sure 3 points.

6. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    You are a lucky man MNLANDSHARK. I hope you have a good time. Take some pictures for our Fulham USA site that is going to be launched in the near future.

7. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

Oct 26, 2004
    Minneapolis
    I'm jumping up and down knowing that I'm going to get to watch the spanking of the Rovers live and in person... in exactly... 5 days and... 10 minutes (including the time change)...

*Happy Dance*

Hopefully I'll get to see the "home" Cookie strategy instead of the sit-on-our-butts-try-for-a-nil-nil-tie "away" strategy... Here's hoping for some offense against what seems to be a pretty hapless Rovers team this season. :)

8. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    NOrVA
    This board is starting to sound more and more like the Arsenal Board with the predictions of huge wins for fulham.

We should get three points, but there are certain players that just need to get their head out of their ass and play.

9. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

Oct 26, 2004
    Minneapolis
    I'm planning on taking a full roll just of the match day... From the pub to the Cottage and back to the pub!

I'm just worried because it's "Family Day" at the Cottage... I hope that doesn't mean the Cravenettes will be sequestered for decency purposes... Wouldn't want to destroy those young children's minds and all... Oh wait, this isn't the US we're talking about!

10. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Agreed Johnny. Anyone predicting a Fulham victory of 3 or 4 nil is reaching a bit. I will be happy with any victory.

11. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    Hey landshark...have you ever heard of the word "Fulhamish"??? Once you experience it, you never forget its meaning.

12. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    I concur...Fulham should never ever be predicted to win 3-0 or 4-0...but I wouldn't have it any other way.

13. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    NOrVA
    I generally predict losses, but i keep them to myself

14. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    The thing I find funniest about the predictions is I am just wondering what kind of evidence makes one think this? I could understand if we were better and near the top of the table to predict some big scores, but we have shown nothing of that this season. The 4 we scored on Newcastle were 4 counters, not even an all out assualt on goal as many who saw the score would think.

15. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    NOrVA
    It may be possible for us to win big. I'm generally a pessimist fan, but i keep the 2-1 loses to chelsea to myself in order to keep the mood of the board up

16. knad110

knad110 New Member

Aug 20, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Well if you predict a big Fulham win when it seems totally preposterous, like at Newcastle or last year at ManU then you might have a chance. If you predict it for a game they should win 3-0, it won't happen. As for my useless prediction, I say 3-2 Fulham.

17. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    No prediction is ever useless and if I remember correctly from last year, we lost 3-2...and I'd say us winning 3-2 this year wouldn't be a bad prediction at all.

our offense is unpredictable
    our defense is unpredictable

anything can happen!

Oh and I retract my earlier statement, I did predict the whites to win 4-1 against Boston...and I was right! The only correct prediction of my life.

18. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

Oct 26, 2004
    Minneapolis
    I hypothesize that your diminished expectations are a result of being an Orioles fan... When you're in the same division as the Yankees and the Sox, you tend to start assuming the worst and hoping for the best.

It's the same on the other side... now that my beloved MN Twins are winning the division every year, we just assume we'll win and then get pissed when we get knocked out in the playoffs... expectations suck...

How did I get into baseball analogies on a soccer board?

COYW!

19. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    I didnt mean they were talking tough about this match I meant they are talking about how they are going up the table and they will be Middle table etc etc. Also anyone yes anyone should be able to score 4 on their defense especially at home its this simple their defense sucks and by far are the worst if we can score 3 on Portsmouth away we should be able to score 3 or 4 on Blackbunr at home.

20. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    NOrVA
    You have discovered the bane of my existence. I don't even hope for winning the AL east, i just wish for a .500 season. 7 Years in a row we've sucked.

I just know that there are games that Fulham should not win. Sure they surprise us like they did last year against Man United, but those wins are rare because we still aren't big enough to dump cash for the best players in Europe.

on the other hand, on games like this weekend when i feel as though we should win, they take the piss and lose.

I'd say probably 3-1 Fulham as for my prediction

21. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    Don't forget the 4-1 win against Newcastle...that was a class match! But then you have to remember losing to Crystal palace...d@mn Fulhamish!

22. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Well you could like the Mariners and go from 116 games won to 4th in the AL West. Anyway This is a match that Fulham should win. They cant lose. Blackburns defense sucks probably couldnt keep a clean sheet against Convey Island. We should also score at least 2 goals. The only time Blackburn keeps a team down to a goal is when Freidel has to make 10 saves.Fulham have to put alot of pressure on the defense use 3 forwards whenever a team puts minimal pressure Blackburns defense gives up goals easily. Im gonna say like I said before 4-0 maybe 4-1 or 3-1 this should be an easy 3 points and worry about Chelscum and Norwich.

23. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
  24. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

Oct 26, 2004
    Minneapolis
    Well... 10 more hours and I'll be on a plane headed for the match! If you're watching on TV, I'll be just to the side of the goal mouth on the Hammy End... Look for the bald guy jumping up and down like an idiot in the 6th row!

Thanks to everyone for bringing me into the Fulham Family... I look forward to providing a first-hand write-up of the match when I return on Tuesday...

COYW!!!!

25. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    I can't wait to read about your experience. I hope you have fun and see a win from Fulham!
    COYW!!!