FSU Politics/Current Events V

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Real Corona, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    You really have no idea about the history of the region or what I meant by that comment.

2. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't have any idea what you mean by the comment, but that's probably an indictment of your ability to express your opinion. As for my idea about the history, I feel pretty confident.

3. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    My comment was very shot and simple, anyone who knows the history of Rus' and the word Russia/Ruthenia would easily understand.

Ok moving on..,

4. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...and anybody with a cursory notion of common sense and understanding about the region would realize your comments were inflammatory to say the least.

5. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    from the Kyiv Post today July 27, 2012

...As soft power pertains to Ukraine, the current visit of Moscow Patriarch Kiril (which has a special focus on the re-unification of Rus) exemplifies how Russia’s notion of spirituality plays into geopolitical games. Let us be reminded that Russia’s ancient – and Christian - roots do not lay in Moscow, they originate in the Kyivan Rus. Kyiv is the capital of Ukraine not Russia.

6. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Russians are just Ukrainians who talk funny?

7. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    The spokeswoman for the Russian Olympic squad, Maria Kiseleva, named the identification of its athletes who were born in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan and Ukraine as being born in regions of Russia a “technical mistake” which shall be rectified within a few days.

Accidently on purpose!
    Bwahahahahahaha

http://www.kyivpost.com/opinion/op-ed/nothing-soft-about-russias-soft-power.html

8. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I insist that you are!

9. LokomotivZee

LokomotivZee Member

Aug 28, 2009
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I guess I have to start warming up my soup now.

10. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Umm no. His post actually relays the point I'm making, that we're all part of a larger Russian nation.

The point about Kiev being Ukraine's capital is a hilarious one and completely irrelevant. Kiev is a thousand year old city and no one called themselves 'Ukrainians' prior to the 20th century or so.

11. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Omg stop arguing with these hopeless ruskis. They are the hopeless asiatic scum of the earth that have been trying to create a false history of themselves since the times of that bastard son yuriy dovgorukiy left Kyiv, the eternal capital of all of Rus' where knyazs from everywhere around Rus' (including regions to the north where these scum now live) came to give their allegiance to the Grand Prince of Kyiv, to create his swamp city by the name of moscow. You can't reason with the ruskis they are hopeless, they have been brainwashed since the beginning of soviet times that they are a special people and a big STRONK NATION WIZ KHISTORI, which in fact is completely wrong, there are countless mistakes in ruski history books to this day that have been clearly identified, yet they stick to teaching their kids like these idiots on the forums their PROUD KHISTORY. The true Rus' died after the Mongol invasion. Russian - is a word created 300 years ago to falsely create an identity for the muscovite scum that was 400 years backwards in comparison to their western neighbors who regarded that kingdom as a bunch of backward northern ugro-fin slavs with a lot of eastern asiatic blood, which they in fact are. Ruskis are in fact very close to Mongols, they have no regard for human life be it their enemy's life or their own. They didn't care about their losses in WW2 and killed of their own soldiers with horrible tactical decisions like mosquitos, not to mention that at least half of those soldiers were Ukrainian and Belorusy.

12. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    You're deduction is far from the truth.
    Especially in 2012...

Bwahahahahahahaha

13. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    don't you idiots understand that the reason we call our self Ukrainian is to distinguish ourself from you hopeless morons up north. The reason were Ukrainian is because were not you. We're not the asiatic/tartar eastern ugro-slavs that you are. Yes we have Kyivan Rus' blood that is much more original than yours, but that history is past us. Our culture was formed separate from you, that is if you even have any culture in comparison to us. We have our country, you have yours. I will never consider a ruski any closer to me than a frenchman. In fact I'll have more luck finding common sense with a frenchman since he is in fact a western man as am I, as is a lot of Ukraine. Yes we have 40% of your soviet brainwashed scum in our country, but with time it should pass, because even though they are dumb they are at least starting to understand that nobody but themselves will care for them and certainly not you ruskis.

14. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    The point of the original positing about the Russian athletes on the Olympic Games website is the about Russia interprets the present geo-political structure.

The historical debate is not for this thread... (This is a Politics and Current Event thread)

As you can see it is hard for moskali to comprehend today's world.
    We can't generalize and put all ruskis in this bucket because there some out there who can reason.

15. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia

16. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Truth hurts, right? You mad.

17. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Lads......tone it down please.

18. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holy smokes guys. Follow Yasik's orders or this thread is going to look like the battle of Kursk.

19. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I've been perfectly civil.

20. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    This post just confirmed to me that you do not know what you're talking about.

Ukrainian lands were known in late medieval times as Ruthenia. Moskovia (yes, Moscovia, Moscow lands were not called Rus) lands were included by the medieval cartographers into something they called Tartaria.

21. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I was going to post that Bohdan Stupka died, but I guess were on to this shit again. Just reading Shevafan's post I can reinforce one thing: people from Western Ukraine are the worst histroical reviosinists and complete ass holes.

Dimuha repped this.
  22. LokomotivZee

LokomotivZee Member

Aug 28, 2009
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You need to sit in on a collegiate level history class in Russia before you make that claim.

23. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

He needs to improve his spelling skills before he enters college....

24. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now I understand why anti semitism found such popularity in Ukraine. It's the only common ground anyone can find.

25. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    H-I-S-T-O-R-I-C-A-L R-E-V-I-S-I-O-N-I-S-T

Here you go professor...as instructed the proper corrections have been made. Oh, almost forget!Here's last weeks assignment:

Stepan Bandera is a national hero. Stepan Bandera is a national hero. Stepan Bandera is a national hero. Stepan Bandera is a national hero. Stepan Bandera is a.........