News: Friendly: Roma - Liverpool (July 25th 2012)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Jan 16, 2012.

1. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they let fans sit on the areas behind the plate it would be much better.

2. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If you take the path, Harrison, the stop for RB's arena is 20 minutes from world trade center.

Do you mean midieval times? haha.......

Red Bull sits 25,000.... If Roma plays a british team then I see it at Giants stadium, but if it is Red Bull, they will play home. Depends, I don't know how well it will be marketed either.

I know that there is an italian section of Boston, but I don't know if there is still a demographic there..... that is a pain in the ass trip for me, and I believe it is in their best interests to come to NJ.

I say NJ because if you are not familiar with the area, our american football teams actually play in jersey, as well as the Red Bull team.

3. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    yeup thats the name, i'm right across the st from them

i'm sure there's italians in boston, but not at the level of NY/NJ

i never took the PATh to red bull arena, but passing by giants stadium everyday to work, i know it's only a 15 min drive from the city, and 20 min by bus. they have a new NJtransit station that goes to giants stadium also

4. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh you must of had a bad experience then. I saw United a couple of summers ago in Eagles stadium and it was just a sea of red. The atmosphere was great despite Fergie benching all his starters except Berbatov and Giggs for the game. There was even a dude that wore a City jersey that everyone boo'd and threw crap at everytime he walked by

And I think they have to come to NJ/NY. Usually the whole point of these summer tours is to increase fan bases and make money. And without a doubt they will get the warmest reception there.

5. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    thats bc it's the EPL :D. no offense to serie A but our worldwide marketing sucks

you can go to any european exhibition football match in the U.S. and i'll guarantee you'll find at least 10 jerseys from each of the EPL top4

at the milan derby in boston, i saw more chelsea/manutd shirts than ac/inter shirts. it done pissed me off. for once, i was pissed about the absence of inter fans :D

6. TifosoRoma

TifosoRoma Member

Feb 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I was at the roma - liverpool match at giants stadium in 2004, i was only 13 it was my first roma game.. got to see delvecchio score a goal shortly before he retired!

7. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Boston, New York, Toronto, Chicago would be the most ideal tour (if they play 3 games, unlikely)...lots of Italians in those cities. Sadly in Toronto they're mostly Juve and Milan(s) fans....but they'd still come to the game.

8. stugotz

stugotz Member+

May 20, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There is at least one Roma fan in Toronto. There was a good turnout of Roma fans when Roma came to play Celtic in 2004.

9. Inie8ta

Inie8ta Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I live in Toronto and would definitely go if Roma came to town. I'll even travel south of the border if the game was in the states. I haven't been able to go the Barca friendlies the last few years because I lost my immigration documents a while back and getting them replaced was a mission and a half. Had to send in everything except a DNA sample :D

I went to Porto - Liverpool some years (when they came to Toronto) back and it was a lot of fun for me. Was the first live club match I've ever seen. Actually it was the first live match I have experienced besides inter-school matches back in high school in Africa :D So I guess I'll be over the moon for this one even if it meant watching it with "clueless non-Romans" and "annoying Hispanics" lol Still better than watching a bunch of 14-16 year olds play on a dirt field.

10. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Atleast 75% of all of them here are "fans" of the milan teams and juve, its a shame.

11. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Yeah.

I actually find it refreshing to see a Napoli jersey given all the red/blue/white and black jerseys around.

12. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Same for me actually..... that was right, Delvecchio scored.......

was a great time

13. ilfuturogb6

ilfuturogb6 Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I hope they come down to So Cal. It would be a dream to see Roma play live!

14. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    That's Real Madrid territory right there...that'd be some match.

15. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just heard a rumor that Spurs might be playing a friendly in Baltimore against an unnamed club maybe they got the facts a little wrong and Roma are playing Spurs.

16. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Spurs are definitely playing in Baltimore. That's the headquarters of Under Armour, Spurs new technical sponsor. Spurs will be in the USA for the next several years every summer trying to promote themselves.

17. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
  19. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Awesome...just need Roma to come a few hours north of the border!!!