Friendly: Mexico vs Denmark 01/30/2013

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Gio D Santos 17, Nov 7, 2012.

1. El Spooky

El Spooky Member+

Jun 15, 2011
    No Merge Krew
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    so true. :(

Adrian559, Miguel Myers and El Mariachi repped this.
  2. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Maza is a great player but didn't have a good game. His distribution was off and it isn't hate to point it out. You're a great poster but you go all fanboy on certain players. If Hector Moreno had played the same exact game Maza did yesterday, you would be killing him.

3. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yeah I agree too conservative

4. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    That's all you seem to be able to say when someone disagrees with you.

Read it again. I said that in my opinion, Maza wasn't that bad, certainly not as bad as you're portraying it. Again my opinion.

You come in and state your opinion and pass it off as fact while accusing me of being a Maza fan boy? I mean, really? I just said I didn't think he had a bad game.

Moreno is a different story and he has certainly been the weakest of the two center backs thus far in WCQs. Pointing out his flaws does not make me a fanboy.

Seriously Rafa, get the f*ck out of here with that shit.

Hdez.Marcos, Sanchito and Swag Flu repped this.
  5. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I stand by it. You didn't go about how he didn't have a bad game, you said you couldn't understand the hate. As if it's hating to point out he didn't play a bad game. You constantly do that with players who you like, any criticism get packed into the hate thing. Zavala, Chaton, Maza, etc. But then you are as harsh with people you don't like as people are with those players like you have been with Moreno.

My opinion is the same, if Moreno had played exactly as Maza played last night, you would have killed him.

6. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Maza wasn't that bad, in the context of how Aguilar and in general the back 4 played. I would rate Torres Nilo clearly at the top and Aguilar clearly at the bottom, with a tight fight for mediocrity champion between Maza and Ayala.

Salcido was bad, nothing new. But I blame Chepo not so much for playing him, but for allowing him to play that way. If he wants to be a leader and provide some stability, he needs to play the role instead of these failed attempts at heroism that only leave the mid and defenders in a bad position. Marquez always knew he was not quick and thus never tried to take on anyone or pushed up too much exposing everyone else, he can still help the kids if Chepo instructs him better IMO.

/p

7. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    IF ifs and buts were candy and nuts..........no mames

I'm glad you want to stick with your opinion but the constant mud slinging and fanboy accusations do little to drive the conversation forward. You can disagree with me all you want but it's a cheap cop out to build your argument around what you perceive to be favoritism with certain players.

There are plenty of people around here that keep talking about how Maza needs to be replaced by Mier or Reyes and it's not going to happen for two reasons. A) Maza has been consistently good and B) Chepo isn't that short sighted.

Just because Maza has been good doesn't mean he hasn't made mistakes. Moreno has made mistakes as well but his have been more prominent and have made him look shaky.

As far as the "what ifs" you seem obsessed with, I don't know if you noticed but I backed Chaton when a bunch of people hated him. I backed Mier when almost nobody rated him. Same with Herrera.

Just because I'm not quick to pull the trigger on certain players when they make mistakes or show bad form, it doesn't mean I'm a "fan boy".

Sigues ardido con lo de Torrado y Castro no? No te aguites compa, esos cuates ya habian caducado en la seleccion.

Hdez.Marcos and Sanchito repped this.
  8. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    If by back up you mean chastising people for every criticism then yes you back them up. But it's funny when you do that constantly with players that you don't like. Maza has a bad game and it's hate to point it out. Yet Moreno can't do a mistake without you railing against him. Yet that isn't hate but it's hate to say Maza made a bad game just like if somebody says the same about Zavala or Chaton.

9. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I can confirm this. There was a time when Chaton didn't look convincing to me... IMD kept saying "give him time, he's young." Now Chaton is one of the best players we have coming up.

You're a great poster IMD... I just want to take you and pin you up to my wall... next to the Bruce Lee poster I have. :D

Hdez.Marcos repped this.
  10. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :cautious:

The joteria is strong in this post.

:D

11. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Perhaps... But I'm poking fun at Rafa and how he always tells IMD that "He's a great poster." When he's about to disagree with him or call him out.... :ROFLMAO:

El Mariachi and Kaney repped this.
  12. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Estas patinando wey....

I like Moreno so I don't know how you came to the conclusion that I don't.

I also criticized Chaton when he f*cked up.

I'm not sure I follow your logic.

13. Talisman

Talisman Member+

Aug 5, 2011
    Stamford, CT
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lol

14. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He go knocked on his ass and conceded a corner as a direct result of this.

Your making this out to be strength when it was clearly shown it wasn't. Your assessment is lacking and incomplete.

15. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    As opposed to taking one play and trying to make a trend out of it?

Sure, he lost one (read: some) but he also won others. Hence the term "compete physically"

Compete.

Did you expect him to completely dominate Jorgensen?

16. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Both teams looked pretty good to me for being domestic squads in January.
    I only watched the first half though.

17. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Could have been worse.... could have tied Canada... YIKES!

It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  18. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    For those of you defending Torres Nilo and Aguilar, you're crazy!!! They were the weakest part of the team last night. Along with Aldo who was wearing cement boots.

19. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I remember this one, but it was not like he tried for the "carga" and lost, he thought he was getting the "carga por la espalda call" and in his defence (Torres Nilo's) it was tight call in that regard, you can criticize him for expecting the call, but it is not like Aquino's case where he simply has to rely on techincal ability.

/p

20. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Indeed.
    Denmark are not a bunch of troncos.

21. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    what re-run of an early Tigres game did you watch last night son? I am not a TNNR, but out of the 4 he was the better one in the back.

/p

Sleepy Spaceman and LGRod repped this.
  22. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    actually the entire back line was the weakest line last night. of the 4 ayala had the cleanest game. torres nilo had trouble defending all night and his attacks were weak and predictable.

also i expect more from torres nilo so i am harder on him than the others. i know aguilar isn't NT material and i saw that last night. i also know what maza are ayala can do and for the most part did what they do. torres nilo however, i expect more because i know he can play better.

let me ask you a question, would guardado do better a LB than T.Nilo did last night???

23. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i'm worried Chepo will keep Salcido during the rest of the qualifiers and pin the tie on Nilo.

I want to see this next week:
    ----------------Chicharito------------------
    Guardado-------Fabian----------------Gio
    Enriquez-----------------------Herrera
    Nilo-------Ayala--------Moreno----Jimenez

subzz
    Peralta
    R. Jimenez
    Aquino
    Cortez
    Pena
    Cabrera
    Chavez
    Mier
    Reyes
    Vidrio

Miguel Myers repped this.
  24. Wiso

Wiso Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Club León
    Update on the game…
    I had upper level tickets.. didn’t really want to spend that much on this crap game.
    Then my wisoness kicked in again.
    I saw the same SUM suits from the night before and went up to them. Two of the were waiting outside the suite entrance level waiting for someone. I knew they would remember me since I was overly friendly at the hotel.
    I said hi and asked them how their day had been, small talk again.. introduced Andrea (the wife) One of them was a local guy that has some contract with SUM to take care of the team.
    He then asked me where I was seated.. gave them an excuse that ticketmaster had only these seats available.. he actually felt bad for me and let me walk in with him to the suite level.
    When we got there… there were more suits.. important suits.. Apparently some Coca cola guys were there. The guy came up to me and told me if I wanted to stay here or wanted Field tickets..
    Of course I chose the field tickets..
    The wife and I had these passes that gave us access to the bottom of the field. Not only that. I could go into the tunnel where the players exited and came in. I stood next to the ball boys the whole game.
    I walked with the players out of the tunnel in the second half.. I shook peoples hands.. “who the fack is this kid” they said.. lol..
    Torres nilo remembered me..
    Crap game.. great experience.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Saldgotti1991, Swag Flu, ninjew and 23 others repped this.
  25. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ^^^^ /bow down to the master social engineer

Hdez.Marcos and Wiso repped this.