[Friendly] Korea vs Australia 2012/11/14 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Nov 12, 2012.

1. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Why the hell is Kim Young-Kwon playing LB?

2. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  3. DavDavFC

DavDavFC Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Sydney/Seoul
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ah right. Last time I saw an Utrecht game or Eredivisie game with Oar playing was back in 2011 where he was LW/LM. Had no idea he was getting games let alone playing a more central role.

Haha I wasn't even surprised to see his name amongst the international roster back when he was a free agent after that stint at Al Jazira. Osieck obviously doesn't trust a young backline. Or a young side for that matter.

4. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    In this case it's just indefensible, as he's suspended for the next qualifier anyway.

If you guys up the tempo and we don't reorganize at the back I think you'll be right back in this.

5. HojuSaram

HojuSaram Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Melbourne
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Anyone know what the average age is of both teams?

6. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Corthnwaite goal, Korea 1-2 Australia.

7. Hanjin

Hanjin Member+

May 18, 2004
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Defending has been crap as usual and each time they show ckh face I wanna throw my remote at the screen.

V_Park repped this.
  8. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Korea 1-2 Australia FT.

9. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    me too.

10. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Choi Kang-Hee out. The draw to Uzbekistan, loss to Iran, and now a lost to Australia (at home). His tactics have been crap. I don't care if it was an experimental team. It was one of the worst performances I seen this year by our national team. Lazy ass passes, lazy ass defenses, and it goes on.

olijolly repped this.
  11. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I honestly can't see us winning games under CKH. Seriously.

Props to Aussies for pulling it through.

12. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We looked alright until Lee KH went down... then somehow we completely fell apart. Looked like we were completely overwhelmed by the Aussies' physicality and had no answers for it. We were in so many situations where we had to pass our way out of their pressure, but these bunch of players who hardly played together didn't have any chemistry for that at all.

Right back was a worry. We were constantly pressured through that side. Shin KH was shaky and Kim CS looked quite rusty as well.

Every single one of our meaningful attacks were through the sides. No chemistry or build up from the central midfield at all.

Our Olympic central defenders showed that they still have quite a ways to go before they can be utilized effectively at senior level. About the only positive performance I saw today was from the Suwon's left back #2... very positive in going forward and played very effectively in his first A match.

Overall, it was just a friendly to test out our fringe players and loss is not the end of the world, but I gotta say performances like this still makes me worry about our squad depth overall.

13. Hanjin

Hanjin Member+

May 18, 2004
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    To be fair we didn't do that bad plus this was a experimental squad put together and the pitch didn't help either. Still I do not want CKH anywhere near the KNT.

14. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Also concerning was that Aussies looked like the home team here for some bizarre reason. Why did our guys look so damn flat near the end? They looked so energetic throughout while our players were gassed midway through the second half. I realize they bossed us around physically, but even besides that point we looked so out of shape.

15. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    because its near the end of their seasons

16. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    That bad? I thought we were terrible especially in the 2nd.

17. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We have talented players but our manager sucks.

18. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Oh who scored :p? As usualllllllllll.

19. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I am dead fcuking serious when I say I do not think we will qualify for the WC under CKH.

and fcuk LDG.

wetcrispy repped this.
  20. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  21. V_Park

V_Park Member

Dec 20, 2004
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  22. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    olijolly repped this.
  23. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    Iran to be eliminated from qualifying for the WC again at the hands of Koreans like in 2010? :p

24. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    LOL. What a farce.

Depending on K-League players at NT level simply does not cut it. It's atrocious how badly we looked out there. We were physically overwhelmed and total lack of cohesive and workable strategy was evident from first 5 minutes. Aus was simply better team out there which should be embarrassing considering we had K-League vets out there.

CKH has got to go. He consistently shows poor judgment and lack of tactical awareness in matches when we call up our foreign players. All he does is harp on his LDG, nepotism BS and we don't have the luxury of playing around with that BS.

25. msc43

msc43 Member+

Jul 6, 2011
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah, but what's the alternative? All of our KPA's are injured or fighting for minutes. Ki, Koo, KBK, PJY, LCY, and JDW are either injured, getting back into form, or fighting for playing time. The only exception I could think of is Son. I couldn't fault CKH with the roster that he came up with today.

But if it's tactics and judgment we're talking about here, I would completely agree. CKH is an idiot. He needs to go. The KFA is batting 0-2 in coaching pickups after Coach Huh. Unfortunately, he's good enough to get us past WCQ and to the WC. After that, it's free game I suppose.