Friendly: Barcelona vs City 19.8.09 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by 51BLU, Aug 18, 2009.

1. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Well, apparently it meant a lot to many people, otherwise there wouldn't be 90,000 at Nou Camp. If we were to check the TV ratings, it's probably a very anticipated game because it's Barca.

Remember, Barca is not allowed to lose at Nou Camp, not even friendlies. Barca fans probablly took this match personally considering how hard we tried to lure Eto'o.

2. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Call me crazy, but I think Tevez and Ade might be better suited for City, then Eto'o. Simply because they've done it in the prem before. But what do I know, I thought United was going to beat Burnley.

3. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    alright, I don't want to spoil any fun, but let's not put our foot in our mouth by making fun of Utd losing to Burnley. It will be more humiliating if we lose to Wolves this Saturday, especially in front of our home crowd. At least Utd's shame was on the road.

Got admit though, Burnley first premiership win in 33 years coming against Utd. Did you see the possession in that game? Similar to our endeavours at Nou Camp. It was like 67% Utd with 13-1 corner kicks. Talk about unlucky. I think the rags miss Ronaldo.

4. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to have to disagree with you, sure we spent alot of money, but losing to lower league-caliber teams is nothing new for us. Christ, it wasn't that long ago... we were in the lower leagues!

I honestly can see us tying wolves and if we play solid and just don't get things to go our way, I won't go into hysterics. Hell, even if we lose... it's not good but definatly not devistating to the goals our teams our shooting for.

Some Rags are still thinking Treble, if that's your goal... losing to Burnley is a disgrace.
    To use horse racing as an analogy, in a race, we're happy just to show... they still want the Triple Crown.

5. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I remember losing to Oldham 5 years ago, the shame I felt. Did we lose to Coventry City last year or the year before?

Yes, you're right, it's nothing new. That's why I want to downplay this upcoming match vs the Wolves. I am going to say there's too much pressure on us to win this game which means we will under perform and draw.

6. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow! the fa cup and the carling for city have been one and dones to lesser teams, except for that one year with pearce, when we eventually lost to the hammers, we had a good run then... four years ago.

7. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Last year we dropped out to Nottingham Forest, after that was probably the crescendo of the "Get Hughes out of Manchester" feelings.

8. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure I was singing that hymn!

9. CityBlues

CityBlues Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not only did we lose, but we got WHALLOPED by Forest. I remember several things about that match - that was the last time we saw Michael Ball after he assisted on their third goal - this was just after we'd bought Wayne Bridge and he was watching from the bench (great first impression) - and somehow we lost, at home, 3-Nil...

10. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Robinho and Ade have slight injuries and may not start. Goal.com predicts City wins 2-0.

Historically, we are 31-20-37 against the wolves, so they've had our number. I will be conservative and bet a draw.

11. Manchester City

Jun 17, 2007
    Zaragosa, Spain
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Was this meant to go over on the match thread? :D

12. 51BLU

51BLU Member

Aug 17, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dunney lift's the 1st piece of silverware of the new era. Heard from a lad who was out there, City fans were singing "You don't know what youre doing" as he was presented with the trophy! lol :D

13. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    yeah, but it wasn't ready and i felt weird starting it. usually it's someone else who starts the match thread.

14. CityBlues

CityBlues Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone can start the match thread anytime! Feel free (in fact it saves me a little time) if you feel like it :D