Friday Night Games Are Good Idea Over Bad.....

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by Brrca Fan redded, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Brrca Fan redded

Brrca Fan redded Red Card

Aug 6, 2002
    Chasing Tornadoes.
    I love Friday night games, but wiil it bring in fans to the stadium. I would have to say yes only if they don't keep switching for one year to next. If fans know that there is soccer games on Fridays they will get used to it and make plans to attend games on Friday night.

2. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least in the spring. I'd imagine once the summer starts to wind down, high school football might take a few fans away from Friday night games in some areas (Dallas, for example.)

And Friday nights are like Wednesday nights, only better. No games to watch on espn2 before heading to the stadium, so it allows for tailgates AND there's no work the next day, so a long post-game pub stay can be enjoyed.

3. Saltenya94

Saltenya94 Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    for what its worth. My friend calls me at 4am last night. :mad: :p

After apologizing for waking me up - he says among many crazy things - that he watched the Friday Crew - DC United match on ESPN2 @ the bar - and would like to come by for a DCU game during the summer. sure there's more factors to his suggestion (i.e. like all-day drinking) but regardless, any primtime THU, FRI, SAT tv time @ bars can only help the leauge. that and going to a game friday night - gives you a whole saturday to work with for other things.