French Division 1

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by guignol, Sep 7, 2012.

1. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    If I remember well, some teams will be docked points at the end of the season because they don't follow some of the rules called "obligations sportives".
    The FFF regulations are quite strict and some teams don't have the ecole de foot and youth teams ad-hoc.
    I don't remember which teams were threatened by points deduction or relegation though.

2. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    You mean D1 teams ?

3. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yes at least one of the bottom teams in D1 is failing the regulations.

Here they are, as stated on a well known website

4. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    DIVISION 1, day 19th goals :

Best goal in my opinion Julie Machart .

gricio61 repped this.
  5. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The entire matches of Rodez - Saint-Etienne and Soyaux - Lyon for those interested.
    Rodez - Saint-Etienne:

Soyaux - Lyon:

6. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    at 1:02:20 you get a closeup of the next coach of OL. he'll likely be more popular with the players than PL (l'effet bogosse :D ).

7. Lieri

Lieri Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I wouldn't be too surprised if da Fonseca was the next coach, but I think and hope Aulas has bigger ambitions than to choose someone with limited experience. Plus if they truly want to do something different to bring back some motivation, picking Lair's assistant coach won't exactly achieve that. Also he kind of shot himself in the foot by getting suspended by the FFF for 8 matches, didn't he?

Gromit06 repped this.
  8. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    well, JMA did just fine with remi garde, and ADF is in the same mold.

EIGHT MATCHES? what did he do, kill someone?

9. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    I'm not sure that after Patrice Lair and his - well, let's say controversial personal image, out of Lyon's hard-core supporters - taking da Fonseca as a coach would be a great improvement... Really.

10. Lieri

Lieri Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Haha da Fonseca may be a little less controversial than Lair right now but Lair has never been suspended for that long, has he? So in the long run... probably not much of an improvement in that department.

To answer Guignol, he's suspended for being rude to the referees in the cup game against ASSE. Not the best start to the 2014-15 season if he is hired as the new coach and has to spend it in the stands (even if OL make it to the cup finals that's only 7 games, so he'll miss at least one next season)...

11. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    How do you get eight games for verbal against an official? I mean really. Considering what you get for punching one, those must have been some pretty choice words. Either that or he has a pattern back to his youth.

guignol repped this.
  12. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    #2087 Cliveworshipper, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    The minimum is four games for verbal that gets you expelled. If there was any other conduct it can quickly double. Shoving would aggravate the penalty.

I'm not sure what you are thinking for a punch, but that carries a minimum of six months. At least a year for spitting at one.

From the fifa disciplinary code, article 49:
    If you want you abuse an official, your team better be holding you back. Ask Michael Bradley.

Gromit06 repped this.
  13. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    or else the FFF has decided that D1 has to be a soccer version of rebecca of sunnybrook farm.

[​IMG]

14. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    Huh? Even Pellerud got tossed in the Cup in 2007 and got a one game ban. That's also FIFA/international and not league. Pardew got seven for a headbutt! You can bite a guy and get 10. Seriously, what the hell do you have to say to get eight games!

15. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Your outrage is cute, but you can't possibly be that naïve.

Leagues can fine/ suspend for greater periods if it is in the interest of sport. But the FIFA minimums for conduct are adhered to as baseline punishments..

The fifa disciplinary code is for all persons and entities which are sanctioned by FIFA, and not just fifa matches, especially when it pertains to a match official.

I suggest you read the code, available on the FIFA website. Just google "disciplinary code FIFA"

I'll get you started with articles 2 and 3:

16. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    #2091 law10, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    Your googling is cute.

Google this: "Pellerud was handed the one-match ban by FIFA on Monday following his ejection from the 2-1 Gold Cup final defeat to the U.S. last November for excessive arguing."

Back to the original conversation, if you get 10 games for sinking your teeth into someone's flesh, those have to be pretty interesting words to get 8 games.

17. Lieri

Lieri Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I don't know the rules or punishments for various offenses but if we compare...

Antonin da Fonseca (OL assistant) 8 matches for comments towards the officials.
    Xavier Aubert (Yzeure coach) 12 matches for comments towards the officials + verbal and physical altercation with Yannick Ansart.
    Gregory Mleko (Yzeure assistant) 6 months for offensive behaviour + threats during and after a match.
    Nicolas Baptiste (Yzeure doctor) had his license revoked for 6 months for comments made to the officials.
    Yannick Ansart (Hénin coach) 9 months for verbal and physical altercation with Aubert + racism.

It seems to me like Aubert got a lighter sentence where the altercation stuff is concerned than someone normally would, possibly because it was started by Ansart or caused by his racistic comments.

Anyway, this is just sad but Yzeure are in trouble again. At a recent match between Yzeure and Arras (3-1 to Yzeure), there was some kind of altercation between players and coaches from both teams after the game. The clubs have until next week to explain their behaviour before their punishments are decided.

Gromit06 and guignol repped this.
  18. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well the relegation battle seems to make players and backroom staff/team official loose their mind.

Let's hope punishment will come quickly, so that people know where they stand before the final games.

Gromit06 repped this.
  19. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    #2094 Cliveworshipper, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
    You do know that punishments for acts against match officials are very draconian compared to offences against mere players, right?

Like it or not, persons are not equal in FIFA.

Did anybody sink teeth into a ref?

20. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    it's as it should be. but ADF reportedly only made "sarcastic" remarks. not reported as insults, and no intimation of racism or sexism. and no spitting, pushing, eye-gouging...

what gets on my wick is the difference in treatment between the men's and the women's game. i'm sure there's plenty worse that gets said in L1 which is often passed over or at worst sanctioned by 1 or 1+1.

21. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    Voicing your displeasure is coaching 101. The problem is different officials have different tolerance for feedback.

22. andocr

andocr Member

Nov 10, 2013
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
  23. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Ah ah ah, 0,92% for Utsugi who was clearly one of the best 3 of the season, but 3,67 % for Heath who has not even played 4 games in D1 this season, and 12% for Schelin who was almost a ghost, while Delie has 6,42 % only :ROFLMAO: ...

What a bunch of Footix those voters ! Even if the first four are ok (Thiney undisputably the #1, Nécib, Dickenmann, Bussaglia).

Still better than UNFP (Thiney, Schelin, Abily)...

guignol repped this.
  24. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I voted for Alice Benoit as one of the others lol some curious results for sure.

25. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Since I posted about it last night, Rumi Utsugi went up from 0,92 % to 3,82 % ! :D
    Either tons of people read BS and trust me :p or there are actually 15 voters or so only in total and I'm one of them :laugh: