French Division 1

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by guignol, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Lieri

Lieri Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I really don't think Lair has been fired, most likely it was a mutual agreement. The step to have an academy where they develop their own players is excellent, but for now they are obviously still dependent on buying players. More importantly, they definitely do not have coaches within their own organisation that could step up to lead the senior team - they have to find someone from the outside. I would ideally probably see Tony Gustavsson, Tyresö's coach. There simply isn't a women's coach in France that's good enough right now, and although it has so far worked well to bring in Bergeroo... a club team allows for far less experimenting, and if they are hoping to do well in Champions League next season, they need a coach with experience.

Guignol and Gromit, I think you're both so wrong about Necib that I will... I don't even know... cancel my blog if I'm wrong about this, but there is no way she will ever leave France, and it is very unlikely that she will leave Lyon anytime soon. If she were to, it would be for PSG. Renard is the captain and just a week or two ago said she may stay in Lyon until the end of her career, so I hardly think she's going to leave soon either. Schelin signed a three-year contract for a reason, why would she give that up after only one year? Dickenmann will stay until the end of her contract, and has said she would then like to move to a new country.

Bouhaddi has not signed an extention, but said that she wants to stay when asked about it, and that they just haven't agreed on the amount of time yet. My guess is the club wants her to sign a long-term contract while she wants to sign a shorter contract, to see which direction the club takes. If they continue this downward spiral, most players are obviously going to leave at some point.

2. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    I don't really see Louisa going abroad too to be honest, first because she is too shy and discreet, second because she certainly wants to stay close to her family who is soooo important to her. I would be very surprised to see her going to PSG. She is THE icon of Women's Football for Marseilles. I'm not sure that her family and friends would appreciate to see her going to Paris, after Lyon. That's what I made the hypotheis (but ok it's also a wish ;)) to see her going abroad in spite of everything for two or three years, then coming back to Marseille when she is 29 or 30 years old and do what Zizou never did...

And do you really think that Schelin wil lstay 2 more whole seasons in Lyon ?

3. Lieri

Lieri Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Didn't she seriously consider joining PSG in 2012? Maybe that was just rumours.

I would be very surprised if she didn't stay at least one more year. What happens then depends on which coach has been hired and how the team has done in CL, etc.

4. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It's well known Louisa goes home to Marseille every time she can, so she won't play abroad for sure. Not sure Traore will stay though.

5. flax

flax Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Sweden
    According to newspaper Expressen, Marta and Caroline Seger have been offered contracts by PSG.

6. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well the Qatari won't get bankrupted considering they give 14 000 000 € after tax to Zlatan per year.

7. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #2032 shlj, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    Sorry he extended his contract recently to 15 000 000 € a year after taxes. Taxes paid by PSG and the player are worth around 50 000 000 €. And if they (allegedly) offered 19 000 a Month to Goessling they can offer the same to Marta surely ?

8. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Marta is paid about 20,000 € in Tyresö and Seger 7,700. It is said that PSG offered to pay more Seger who is VERY angry with Tyresö and wants to go to a professionnal club with a good organization and who doesn't have ant financila problems...
    Marta (her agent, anyway), contacted a Norwegian club, Avaldsnes, but the club declined for obvious financial reasons.

9. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That is exactly what will happen , Aulas and co. said many times that the female section budget will be reduce and OL will point at their academy which is very productive by the way considering who are playing now in D1 ,Renard, Peyraud-Magnin, Majri, Perriset, Guerin, Kaci, Dali, Diallo, Boudaud, Karchouni, Faillant, Ribeyra, Bretigny etc...brief Lyon knows how to produce talented players and in their academy they have who I consider the best french player of the next generation (Lucie Pingeon remember the name.....) so I am not worry about them .
    Lair said that he left because of lack of motivation and his way to coach wasn't working with the girls as before.....He had one year left in his contract but found an agreement to end it up this season.
    I think nothing else need to be added , OL won everything with him, they and France football in general can only thank him for that, he has a certain way to coach which don't accept compromise if he's not motivated enough and the girls don't follow him anymore is better to stop .
    For the players they are professional so they probably will stay till the end of their contract (or if another club buy this contract...which is rare in women football btw) Viguier's contract was over this summer so her leaving 3 months earlier is a surprise but not really....Tonazzi and Bouhaddi contracts are over this summer , for Laetitia it's all depend on who will be the next coach if it's an internal solution (Da Fonseca or Bompastor) she will stay if it's external I think she'll leave . Most of OL players contract expires in 2015 , Bussaglia, Thomis, Abily, Kumagai, Dickenmann in their case it will depend on who will be the next coach too , if is Sonia, Camille will stay for sure the rest will be 30 years old the perfect age for a last adventure....for the younger (Renard, Henry, Le Sommer) they'll certainly see if Lyon will still strong enough to win the champions league if not they will go somewhere else .
    Necib and Schelin cases are different, Louisa is the image of the female section (at least in Aulas's mind) she is an Adidas athlete and Adidas is Lyon sponsor....so I really don't see her going at a Nike club (PSG) so easily....the other big Adidas french club is O.Marseille but even in this case it will be difficult to recruit her because of club ambition and salary.....I don't think miss Necib would like to play for a club in the mid league table and her salary should be near to Schelin's one (if is not already) she is a football international superstar apres tout....Could OM afford it for a female player ? I really don't think so .
    Lotta's future depend only on her wish , I mean she has a contract till 2016 , we all know how much she earn and the fact that there is no a single female football club which could buy this contract.....which lead to only one possibility if she decides to leave , mutual agreement, but even in this case would she renounce to all that money only because she miss home ?!!?.....:cool:....that will surprise me.

guignol repped this.
  10. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #2035 shlj, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    And the disciplinary commission has now given their decision and the crimesheet is long

Henin coach 9 months
    Henin club 1500€ fine

Yzeure coach 12 games
    Yzeure assistant coach 6 months
    Yzeure medical staff 6 months
    Yzeure club 2000€ fine

guignol and blissett repped this.
  11. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Harsh but deserved .......specially for Henin coach !

shlj repped this.
  12. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Well done ! Never that again !

13. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Appeal is available for the next 10 days.

Yannick Hansart got 9 months for physical and verbal incident with the opposing coach plus racist words against Cynthia Gueheo-Djetou.

blissett repped this.
  14. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    Physical AND racism? 9 months is not enough! Not even close.

blissett repped this.
  15. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    For a first offence I think it enough or at least very close to it, if it wasn't the first time you are right.

16. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    It seems it is 3 months for fighting and 6 months for racial insults, since Yzeure's coach is sentenced 3 months (12 games is more or less equivalent to 12 months) for physical violence (fight), and Hénin's 9 months for physical violence and racist insults.

17. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    A question about the pyramid structure of women football in France, will OM's female team be promoted up to a national Division 2 next season (does such a thing exist?), or do they have yet another division of Mediterranean League to play?

18. Lieri

Lieri Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    A national Division 2 does not exist, at least not in the same way as it does in Sweden. Instead there are three groups of 12 teams (Group A, B and C) in Division 2 that are divided up depending on which part of the country they are from. The winner in each of the groups is promoted to Division 1. OM should play in Group C in Division 2 if they are promoted. How exactly promotion to D2 happens is a mystery to me though. Philippe, can you explain?

debzy repped this.
  19. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Coupe de France quarter-finalss results:
    O.Lyon - Montpellier :6-0 ;Necib, Le Sommer, Abily, Durand(o.g), Thomis 2x
    Soyaux - Vendenheim :3-2 ;Boudaud, Belkacemi, Tandia/Bitterlin, Duteil
    Rodez - Juvisy :0-1 ;Catala
    Bischenheim - Paris SG :0-9 ;Delie 2x, Horan, Pizzala, Sarr2 x, Delannoy, Bresonik, Hamraoui

The semi-finals are :
    Soyaux - O.Lyon and Juvisy - Paris SG. The match will be play on May 11th.

So it's official Montpellier completely fail is season , after what Nicollin invested in the summer certainly they were expecting something quite different , in the end Saez the new male coach from men's football is not better (is worse actually I'd say) than M'barek , I didn't saw the quarter-final against Lyon but MHSC has struggle all the year against a top opposition due to very poor tactics . They can't win the ball back , they have no one to protect the defense...poor Gadea and Beattie are almost always exposed....and they offensive game plan in big match consist in long passes to Oqvist....The shock Juvisy vs PSG will be broadcast on eurosport , it will be a great match !
    You are right ,OM is not promoted yet because they still have to play the championnat interregional which is a mini tournament between all the DH (D3) winners around France.
    Basically the 24 winners are geographically divided in 6 groups each group having 4 teams , the teams plays against each other home-away (six matches in total) and the winner of each group is promoted in D2.

20. Lieri

Lieri Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    6/24? Those are not great odds for OM. I understand the practicality of this way of doing it, but it also seems a little unfair when only one team from a geographic region can be promoted. What if four teams in one region is better than all of the other teams? Anyway, has the championnat interrégional begun? I can only find information about last years version, which had already begun by now.

21. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    There is an article here.
    It starts on the 28th of April.

22. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    No, Championnat interregional has not started yet but very soon, the regional DH leagues having just finished.

It's not completely exact to say that all the winners of DH regional groups will play the interregional championship. Because the reserve teams (B teams) are not allowed to enter the Interregional league. Why ? Just because they can't enter D2. Only the first teams (A teams) can play in D1 or D2...
    For instance, Lyon 2 (B Team) won its DH championship, but it will be the team ranked 2nd (Ambilly Fem-Evian TG) who will compete in the Interregional (against OM, by the way). Other examples, in the Méditerranée DH group, there were second teams of Monteux and FA Marseille (both A teams are in D2) who couldn't pretend to play the play-off championship, even if they had finished first.

And yes, you are right, Linda, saying that the system is a bit unfair, but as long as the D2 is organized upon a geographical basis, I'm afraid it will go on like this. And if it is like this, it's because France is a big country and going from one point of the country to another can be very expensive. All teams are non-professional and they can't afford those expenses. That is why it is divided in three groups.

As far as OM is concerned, the progress is regular (District at the creation of the women's section, then DH Districtt the year after, then DH this season). That would be great to access to D2 so soon. The team has the capacity to do it, thanks to some very good players (including international Léa Rubio, but also U17 World Champion Amandine Blanc who unfortunately was injured all the season, and some others like Charline Marcilly, Anaïs M'Bassidjé, the Abou-Deraa twin sisters or the serial-scorer Alicia Pourquiès). And a very good coach, Christophe Parra who has a real philosophy about football and pretty game. And the team trains 3 times a week (more than most of the FA WSL teams last year !) at the Commanderie (OM professional installations).

23. Lieri

Lieri Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    For now it does make sense to have a Division 2 that's organized the way it is, but I hope that it will change within the near future for the sake of the development of women's football. France is the biggest country in the EU, but Sweden is the 3rd largest so it's not like we're comparing France with say... Denmark or Belgium. Plus you have your cheap high-speed trains (love them!) while travelling in Sweden is absurdly expensive and time-consuming so without having any real facts, the situation is probably more or less the same in the two countries.

Anyway I do hope OM get promoted because, again, I think that will be beneficial for French football. If Division 1 is going to continue to grow, over time it needs more teams who are serious about being there and aren't just playing for fun. Or are teams like Hénin-Beaumont and Yzeure who are downright damaging the sport...

24. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Hénin-Beaumont is actually damaging not only Sports in France at the moment, but this is another story ;):(

guignol and gricio61 repped this.
  25. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    The goals of PSG-Bischeim (9-0) in French Cup QF.