French Division 1

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by guignol, Sep 7, 2012.

1. necron99

necron99 Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Totally agree. There is no way to force the players to move. It is good that at least 1 club in the last few years, and now a second are willing to pay decent salaries and bring good players together.

Personally I think that it would be better over time for the French WNT if the players were more spread out, or at least more quality players were together on some of the other teams. Other than learning to overcome diversity, the players need a challenge. They have had a couple of years of getting really good at playing together and knowing their tendencies. They have a great comfort level playing high level technical football. Now they need to actually have a challenge to advance. Having 5 or 6 players score a goal in every game each season is not good for continued growth.

Of course the only way to get there from here is to have more owners come in and be willing to pay good salaries to attract those quality players. Like we are seeing now with PSG. If you pick up 2 or 3 more owners with the same money and ideas, you may see players spread out. Or you may see more and more quality players from around the world fill in the rosters of those teams and bring the quality level up that way. Of course alot of players like to stay with the winning team over a challenge. It does bath them in glory, and the easiest path to it. Hence why the NY Yankees keep signing anyone they really want.

2. necron99

necron99 Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Understood. There are plenty of people here with knowledge and common sense that understand these statements. But there are alot of people with ridiculous biases, anger, or just plain stupidity that will carry these things on too long if reality is not pointed out. The USA has plenty of labor laws and anti monopoly laws on the books that protect workers from situations such as this.

3. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    There is the funny example of the FA WSL where English get paid 16k by the FA but are under contract with clubs and the FA has no say on where they play in England.

4. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    although very few here (i mean in lyon) share my opinion i think bussaglia brings something more. if she lacks the physical presence of shishi, she is every bit as feisty, but the plus is her long passing. at first glance she gets criticized for "hoofing it", but it's not hoofing it when you hit your target on the dime, every time (well almost). i don't think i've ever seen anyone else in the women's game who can change the game or sauter les lignes (vocab help?) the way she can. she's the XX reincarnation of enzo scifo. want more? she's got the purest shot in the league.

if not for the injury problems she's had i think PL would have had to make some adjustments to get her on the field every match.

btw, i don't think cruz' departure was only about money, even though she focused on that in her statements.

5. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    but isn't that 16K (£?€?$?) they would have paid them anyway? (and ditto for the new NA league?)

6. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The 16k£ were introduced in 2009 the year before the FA WSL was formed. It was a way to prevent more players leaving to the WPS at the time.

7. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    and is it something they would get just for NT duties or is it now dependant on playing in the WSL?

8. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    this just in : une-deux, the best women's football site in france in my opinion (and i have no reason to say that except that it's the truth) has named libby stout 4th in the top 10 discoveries in D1 for 2012.

9. 8MaCookies

8MaCookies Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I never seen her play. What's your evaluation on her? Do you watch Frauen-Bundesliga?

10. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I still prefer footofeminin , at least they all the database you need and more.......une~deux is getting too much pro bini lately , mainly because they won't enraged the federation and have free pass to clairefontaine just like shlj.......
    As for Libby Stout , I never saw her play but everybody are saying that she is the reason why Yzeure , her club , is having a very positive season.

11. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I still prefer footofeminin , at least they all the database you need and more.......une~deux is getting too much pro bini lately , mainly because they won't enraged the federation and have free pass to clairefontaine just like shlj.......

12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    on libby stout i have only her stats and one game watched to judge her on... but her performance against OL she was better than D1 keeper i've seen including sarah... in fact probably better than any keeper i've seen, though besides OL and the EdF (and their opponents) i admit i don't watch anyone at all. it wasn't just what she did but the way she did it. when she comes off her line she means it, whether in the air or in the feet. good placement and reactions, strong hands and arms. she's got the tools.

une-deux too pro-bini? i admit they're very... balanced*, whichs irks those like me who think the time has come to make a stand but footofem is like komsomolskaya pravda. they have almost completely occulted the whole issue. tout va très bien madame la marquise. and paywalls make me vomit.

*La sagesse a ses excès et n'a pas moins besoin de la modération que la folie.

13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Very interesting quote. I suppose is not by you, guignol? o_O And, if I am right, who did write it?

14. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    sorry, i meant to give credit to montaigne.

when i quote someone there's a 90% chance it will be either montaigne or lévi-strauss. i don't get out much.

though the sig is my translation of salvador dali's all time great :

l'unique difference entre un fou et moi, c'est que moi, je ne suis pas fou!

words to live by.

blissett repped this.
  15. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    guignol , I don't want to defend footofeminin , but at least dont they don't try to hide a fake "liberte' d'expression".......and the site is too useful for his database. They were there when nobody else was interested in women football.....That is something you can't deny.
    Anyway , have you seen how une~deux is trying to defend ,to justify Bini and Soubeyrand on twitter by saying "even the brazilian coach didn't vote Marta etc......"that was so pathetic ! We are french !! Who cares about Marta and the brazilian coach !!!!
    I prefer the silence than someone who defends the indefensible.
    And last thing , rumours are Bini and Soubeyrand decided to "punish" Abily because they accuse her of giving inside information of the national team to journalists....well ,they are just rumours but that would explain the treason of the diabolical couple.....

16. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    DEATH TO TRAITORS!
    [​IMG]

the penalty for antisoviet agitation? 25 years in the gulag! welcome to the kolyma camille!

17. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    and this just in : pinoe's taking her physical as we speak and will be the blondest and most american of our fenottes in just a few hours! let's see if the kremlin can keep her from being FIFAPOTY 2013. i don't think so!

[​IMG]

18. necron99

necron99 Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Just for clarification what is indefensible?

19. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Bruno Bini :p

guignol and blissett repped this.
  20. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Keeping Soubeyrand in the squad to keep the team spirit together is puzzling everything else follows the same logic.

21. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    in those psychedelic 60's (i was there!) we used to say "bombing for peace is like f***ing for virginity". the soub logic is in this precise vein.

22. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    PSG beat Montpellier 3~1 in a direct opposition for the second place , now Paris took a considerable advance from Juvisy and Montpellier for the champions league next year , at this point one thing is sure ,PSG~Juvisy will be the match of the season !
    What I like about Paris is the fact that even though the team is so young , at least 7 of the starter are new in the club , all girls have connected pretty well ,as you can see on their twiteter ,they have a great team spirit .
    Next year they will be a serious opponent to Lyon not only in France but in Europe too.
    Montpellier is the disappointment of the season , the team just isn't able to elevate his game to an higher standard . M'barek, the coach, says is because of the youth of the team specially at defense It's not completely true because apart Durand the GK who is 18 the rest have a good experience in our league and with the various juniors national teams.......for exemple Marion Torrent CB and Cynthia Viana LB are 2o and 19 years old but they are playing since 2010 in the first division. The truth is Montpellier have made some odd acquisition and sell in the last 2~3 years......They have an unbalanced roster ,plenty of good experienced midfielders and forwards, Delie 24 ,De reviere 25,Lattaf 34, Ramos 29 ,Plaza 24,Diguelman 28 ,Utsugi 24 ...all with NT caps but apart from Meilleuroux and Gadea their defense is too young and fragile ...and with the departure of Sameshima why they didn't bought another LB ?

23. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    This is the teamsheet distributed to the press people on Sunday. Quite interesting.

[​IMG]

24. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    What's that ? Why Torrent is censored ?

Anyway ,I'd like to continue my analysis of the french division 1 so far , apart Montpellier another team is disappointed so far , Saint~Etienne . Les Stephanoises finished 5th just behind the usual four , and even though they loose Camille Catala and Kheira Hamraoui ...well this can be a good excuse :D .....the team keep good players ....Moreau 22 md ,Courteille 25 cb ,Chazal 23 fb ,Lavaud 20 winger ,Ribeyra 20 fw ,Barbetta 21 md ,Debever 24 cb and Palacin 24 fw......however the team is 8th at only 4 points of the first relegable. They are many explanations for this , the most important are certainly the departures of Catala and Hamraoui , Camille scored 13 goals last year when Saint~Etienne only 7 this year so far penultimate attack of the league.....They recruited the american Megan Manthey 24 md and the taiwanese Chu O Tseng 28 fw , the two are disappointing so far ,they played 7 matches each but neither scored yet ......Manthey says her bad games are mostly due to language barrier and she is working hard to learn french ......as you can read in her blog .

http://mmanthey11.wordpress.com/
    The positive note is GK Meline Gerard ,at 22 years old she reached another level this season , keeping her team 6th best defense of the league , very impressive...btw since she joined Saint~Etienne in 2010 she played every league games from then till now:eek:....her back up is the unluckiest girl on earth:D

25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, that's interesting... :geek:
    I get from the teamsheet that shlj posted (how do you get these, shlj? So are you a journalist? I didn't know, sorry!) that we're talking about Marion T*orrent (I expressely put an asterisk inside to avoid censoring :giggle:).
    If really BS censors T*orrent, I can only suppose that it's because, although in French is just the name of a little creek, in english it's also the name of a famous file sharing format, that makes sharable also things that shouldn't be sharable (or that FIFA and other actors frown upon being sharable :giggle:). Thus the ban of t*orrent files on BS... Not sure if I get this right, but seems plausible.