French Division 1

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by guignol, Sep 7, 2012.

1. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The only transfer who will shock me is Renard to PSG , all the others are more or less understandable .
    Viguier will be 32 in january and is know that Lair will give more playing time to Agard next year .Georges was already very close to PSG last summer.....she stayed because OL didn't found a good alternative on time......Franco is a good player but frankly Lyon can find better .Bompastor could retired at the end of the season , as aforementioned ,she said she wants to start a family more sooner than later and she will be 33 next year , she won everything with OL , she was determined to end her career lifting up a trophy with France but thanks to Bini it will never happen :mad: . Schelin will not moove specially if Renard goes to Paris , I really don't think Lyon will give two of them best players to their direct opponent....Lair and Aulas are not so stupid.
    Actually lyon has 6 defenders , Bompastor, Viguier,Renard, Agard ,Franco and Georges , I don't think 5 will leave at the same time , letting Lair with only Agard , who by the way is the 4th CB , as a defender with some experience...even though she is only 23 ....
    For me Sonia will play one more year if they don't find a good LB and if Wendie leaves one between Viguier ,Georges ,Franco will stay .
    Anyway ,is good to have superstar like Ohno and Rapinoe in our league , however, Lyon is the pride of France because they are the best team in the world with a big core of french players....I hope they will not change their philosophy by going completely international.

2. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Talking about PSG , if they recruit Renard and Georges Delannoy will certainly moves ........
    Something has to be sai d, Delannoy refused to be full time professional because she didn't want to leave her job , Paris agree to let her stay with a semi professional status probably because they hadn't nothing else to play apart the league games.......but next year if they qualified for the champions league will they let a player go to work when others are preparing an important match ?
    I really don't think so.....Delannoy will not leave her job so I think she will end up at juvisy , for flexibility and geographical reason .

3. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    a titan against a titan!

[​IMG]
    You must win medusa's head. She's not going to give it to you as a present.

4. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    agard imo is unquestionably the no. 2 CB right now, she has impressed me to no end. and when she doesn't start in the charniere lair generally gives her at least a half... at right back.

i can imagine sonia staying one more year as a matter of don de sa personne, or even longer. after all, husband and children don't just come by snapping your fingers.

5. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    lyon finished their 4 day camp on the mediterranean with a match against 2nd division club nimes.

Buts OL féminin :
    Le Sommer (13e, 50e), Schelin (54e, 72e), Thomis (60e), Traore (62e), Abily (74e).

Compo OL 1ère période :
    Bouhaddi (Deville 30e) - Franco, Georges (Agard 27e), Viguier, Carage - Le Sommer, Traore, Necib, Dickenmann - Tonazzi, Otaki.

Compo OL 2nde période :
    Deville (Peyraud-Magnin 60e) - Perisset, Agard, Viguier (Georges 60e), Bompastor - Henry, Abily, Traore - Thomis, Schelin, Le Sommer (Otaki 65e).

at first glance it looks like PL wasn't to pleased with laura g's work, but look more closely and you see it was just a way to use all three CB pairings. a half for little eve at RB, a half for Noemie on the other side... but not at the same time, that would be silly.

not much to read into this but the absence of chloe froment, what with perisset and carage in camp.

btw, both renard and majri are injured, on crutches last i saw but reportedly both off them now.

6. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    In the opinion of a totally disinterested third party, a little spreading of the wealth is the best thing for French football. While I give OL a ton of credit for bringing ur WNT to the upper echelon, they seem to have plateaued. I know the popular reaction is to take Bini to the woodshed and I wonder at his moves myself. But I also lay some of this at the feet of Lyon. I think they, the core of ur WNT, have so many easy games, even in CL play, they dont react well to adversity on the international level. A lot can be gained from having to fight tooth and nail for something and much tougher club matches would give ur team a leg up against international teams just as talented as they r. For proof, look to ur wonderful u17 team. They battled there way to final with many tough matches before claiming victory. Compare that to the German u20s who walked into the final, and when they finally got put into a pressure situation, didnt react very well.

blissett repped this.
  7. IMAL11

IMAL11 New Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I agree with this wholeheartedly. While it's great that an owner is spending the money on a women's team, all you are left with is just a flashy team. OL is a fun and talented team to watch, but the league itself is not good being so stacked in one team. Looking at their fixtures, they routinely destroy teams and I don't think that's good for the NT players who don't have any real competition. I wonder if they would be better served splitting up the national team members a bit more evenly among several teams (like the American league is about to do with their NT). That way they know what competition is and not just complacency.

8. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    You can't do that in France. It is probably illegal to force players to play for a specific team. Something like this who be challenged in the European court of law.

9. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    probably? probably? spit it out man! you know very well the fed has no say over this, never has, never will, and never should.

not to criticize, because it works for them, but the way things are arranged for soccer in the states are a case apart from, even at odds with, the rest of the world, because the organization of sport there has been completely different since the very beginnings.

at least there was no suggestion of playoffs!

10. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    that said, i agree with the basic premise of what kernel_thai and IMAL11 are saying, but no such solution is possible. the improvement will come with the addition of more women's teams backed by pro men's clubs and this is what the fed and the league are working at.

Batfink repped this.
  11. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I believe if players were forced to play for a club they did not choose, they would go to court. And it would end up with another Bosman ruling type revolution with the end of transfer and the possibility of football players to change jobs like you and me do with a notice. The actual transfer system is a compromise, hence 2 transfer windows etc, but european laws if tested can go very far and destroy football.

12. IMAL11

IMAL11 New Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I had no idea there were laws that prevented such actions from happening, so thanks for clearing that up. I guess then it is up to Bini to schedule many more games against better teams to give the NT the spark they need to win. And I guess it will take some time for Division1 to become more competitive as more and more people invest in women's football.

13. 8MaCookies

8MaCookies Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It's not the schedule for the nation team that's the problem it's Bini and his philosophy on how his teams plays and the players he selects. Either he(Bini) should change or the FFF should get a manager that's better who will address the problems that are wrong with the team.

14. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    For those who like headaches lol
    For many years top 5 teams refused to play against us in friendlies, the attitude changed last year only. Hence we played Japan, Germany recently. Bini has a responsibilty as well, it is discussed on the NT topic for those who don't know the story ;)

15. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    this is all eminently logical, but if you ask me, the worst on-field weakness of our team in the olympics was NON-lyonnaise

j'accuse!

fantomette thiney, who put barely a foot right the whole tournament yet still played all but a handful of minutes of it. no goals, no assists, no clue.

grandmama soubeyrand, who started every match and logged twice as many minutes as abily despite playing with all the mobility of a traffic cone; one good corner against north korea (the only assist in the tournament not to come from lyon player)... but when she went out just after the hour we were still only winning 1-0... in the last half hour with abily in her spot france scored 4 more.

marie-lol delire, capable of doing nothing on the field but score, yet despite playing every minute of the tournament only got one goal : the third against NK in the opening match. invisible in all the tough games.

lyon players scored 7 of france's 9 goals and got 8 of 9 assists, despite the above three players having the most minutes.

most damningly, look at the matches against japan and canada, how things changed when soub and thiney came off and abily and le sommer came on. eugenie almost forced OT in the japan match single-handed despite coming on at 0-2. if that's not reacting well to adversity on the international level i don't know what is.

now i don't like bini. he's weird. but let's forget the projet de vie, the ousting of bompastor, the present brouhaha. just consider his lineup selection for the OG and tell me he didn't screw up royally... and specifically by not depending enough on lyon players.

[edit : i'm all wet : the above does not include the USA match which i evidently had some kind of trauma-related mental block about... and in which both GT and MLD scored. but overall I'M STILL RIGHT! :D ]

Katreus, blissett and 8MaCookies repped this.
  16. 8MaCookies

8MaCookies Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    France under Bini plays the wrong formation along with all the problems that guignol addressed.

17. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think there was 3 mistakes in his squad, Soubeyrand, Bouhaddi and one center back too many.
    Soyer should have been there in the 18.

Soubeyrand was not very useful. Bouhaddi went from awful to excellent in many games, same problem as we had with Sapowicz, Bompastor was not good for the whole tournament due to whatever reason.

I don't think we would have won the final but we were about 50 cm away from the final with Bussaglia's penalty as the momemtum we had would have been very strong, coming back from 2-0 down. I surely noted tactics seemed wrong in that game as well, playing too deep.

18. necron99

necron99 Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    There are laws against this happening in the USA too. The difference is when the players negotiate a contract as a union. Even with that said, the USSF isn't forcing anyone to play anywhere. They are offering to pay salaries to players if they agree to play on teams based on an allocation. Players can still opt out, they just don't get paid a team salary by the Fed. Because a league hasn't worked otherwise the Fed is making an offer. Because a league hasn't worked otherwise most of the players are going to except the offer.

19. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    The God of Swedish Soccer (Zlatan Ibrahimovic) tried to recuite her to PSG when they ewhere at teh Swedish soccer gala to pick up their yearly awards as the best Swedish soccer players in the male (Zlatan 7th in 8 years) and female (Lottas 3rd in 7 years) categories.

20. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    And since the French Federation isn't paying the players salary that wouldn't work in France. same in most of Europe (or at least the parts that produces good WNTs)

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Seriously, how the **** can people discuss the rise of Lyon as a possible negative for their own domestic league, wider Europe, and their national team, like simply faking more parity will instantly fix all of the supposedly obvious flaws within the FFF's and UEFA's women's scene, lol.

Oh, and talk on the merits of players understanding how to endure/struggle just sounds stupid, when all of the senior French girls have first hand knowledge of what it's like when your a million miles away from being in sporting positions of comfort or privilege too.

22. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    bouhaddi's monumental howler was perhaps the play that broke us. but take that one moment away and she was not so bad. or let's put it this way : who else?

soubeyrand not very useful? and zidane's headbutt? the bay of pigs invasion? the germano-soviet pact? i'm going to start a list of things that were not very useful!

sonia was not herself, that's clear. but even at 70% (OK, 60%) she did well enough that perhaps not even playing boulleau would have changed much.

bussaglia has been given some pénos to take at OL this season despite the fact she's not the designated taker (that's amandine henry this season, another can of worms we won't open up) just to show there are no hard feelings and perhaps to give her some confidence back. but the fact that bussaglia was taking that PK at all also points to a huge error on bini's part : why have élise take it when she was obviously wrung out, dead on her feet after a whole match of doing the work of two (hers and we all know whose) ... when the nominated PK shooter for OL was right there, fresh as a daisy, and obviously in fine form? the unwritten law that the player brought down doesn't take the kick is not unwritten in granite!

one too many CB's? claro hombre! the hic is that if BB had gone to london with one CB... we all know he would have taken the wrong one, and left all the others at home.

23. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    all true. i was only meaning to point out that starting from the cincinnati red stockings, the framework of pro sport in the US is so different from the rest of the world that it is difficult to compare, or even for the two systems to borrow ideas from each other.

24. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Pons is persona non grata , Deville is happy to be a bench warmer at Lyon ,Sapowicz retired then comeback than re~retired ?........Right now we don't have the choice Bouhaddi is the best , we just have to pray that she is in a good day.....:rolleyes:......Anyway the next generation seems to be better than the actual one ,Laetitia Phillipe, Solene Durand,Tania De Souza, Meline Girard and Emmeline Mainguy are all excellent GK , I just hope no one will be Blacklisted by Bini.....
    Lyon, I remember they said that they let Shirley Cruz go to PSG because of financial problems......4 months later they are spendings thousands dollars for Ohno ,Rapinoe :rolleyes::whistling:.......

ps, somebody knows what happened to Laure Lepailleur ? did she retired ?

25. 8MaCookies

8MaCookies Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    When Lyon had Amandine Henry and Shirley Cruz holding/DM, there w they were the best midfield pair in the world hands down. It was sad to see Cruz leave.