French clubs in Europe 2012/2013

Discussion in 'France' started by Tsigalko, Jul 20, 2012.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Thank you Lille for not giving us any coefficient points.

2. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    pretty amazed by bate borisov though. perhaps lille really is the weak sister of this group by rights.

3. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Montpellier managed to a draw in Germany with only 10 men, pretty impressive. PSG lost deservedly in Portugal. Let's hope Lyon/OM/Bordeaux does better tomorrow.

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  4. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2 losses and a draw, EL looks more optimistic anyways

5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    OM and OL have to win. No excuses. OM looking forward to PSG yes but they still need to win this one. Joey Barton to the rescuse. A draw for Bordeaux against Newcastle would be great. Play for 0-0. Defend defend defend.

6. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    They didnt defend.

7. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Well they should have. Not surprised they lost. Bravo to the OM. Great win against an evil team that has a lot of foreigners. Lucas Mendes is a real gem and I love how you can get really good defensive players in the Brazilain league for cheap. OL, nice 2 wins in 2 games but their goal differential isnt great if it comes down to tiebreakers.

8. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    18 run over, but at least we didn't give up even at 3-0 just that newcastle played well in both halfs and were able to flame out our attacks

some team with a bunch of foreigners is evil? what does that make psg? stewie griffin?, they're from cyprus...who cares
    Lyon barely got away with the win but its wins like that that can self motivate teams to think they can pull out wins

9. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    If you can't beat 'em, join 'em ? :)

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  11. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    what worries me is not tiebreakers but playing like crap and last night was the worst OL i've seen in years and that includes getting knocked out of the CL by some cypriots.

paradoxically three of our goals were scored by players who not only had inexcusably poor matches but who should have grabbed this chance to show they deserve more playing time; the verdict is in on and the judge is mean john brown: if you read what nanar said in the papers i'm sure some players behind closed doors got worse.

fofana happy to have scored two goals? treasure the memory, you're not going score many more from the stands.

monzon failed in his attempts to get suspended? no problemo hombre, there are other ways to keep you off the match card.

koné was horrible, but lovren not much better. just so neither both of them feel left out i hope we see umtiti with bisevac against lorient.

even licha could use a swift kick. only three players really did their job. the three who ALWAYS do their job : max, anto and steed. i say give the armband to one of them this weekend.

some people this morning are saying they were naïve, that at 1-3 they didn't know how to gérer le match. baloney. gérer a match like this is winning 5-0 like the fenottes did against vantaa. 3-0 at HT, and with the force and style that tells the minnows abandon all hope. then and only then you can save juice for the next match.

12. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I chose to watch OM out of the 3 matches because they needed the win the most. They are tied with Fener atop the group but have the goal difference edge. Bordeaux winning big against Brugge helps balance out their heavy defeat to Newcastle. We are definatley picking up the slack in the Europa due to Montpellier and Lille's CL disapointment. Montpellier isnt even out of it yet either.

13. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Another week of European football coming up:

Tuesday
    Lille - Bayern Munchen @ 20.45 Grand Stade Lille Métropole, Lille

Wednesday
    Dinamo Zagreb - Paris Saint-Germain @ 20.45 Stadion Maksimir, Zagreb
    Montpellier - Olympiakos @ 20.45 Stade de la Mosson, Montpellier

Thursday
    Lyon - Atletic Bilbao @ 19:00 Stade de Gerland, Lyon
    Martimo - Bordeaux @ 21.05 Estádio dos Barreiros, Funchal
    Borussia Mönchengladbach - Marseille @ 21.05 Borussia Park, Mönchengladbach

14. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OL and OM games look more exciting than CL, Im not going to bother watching lille

SportBoy333 repped this.
  15. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Would be nice if both PSG and Montpellier got get three points on Wednesday, I'm a bit worried about Marseille's game, the loss to Troyes and Gignac's injury is be a big psychological blow that could carry a lot of negative momentum to the game. Playing on the road on Madeira is also a tough place to go for Bordeaux.

16. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maritimo managed to hold of newcastle which has me worried, gladbach lost to fener and drew with AEL, got wacked 4-0 three days ago and really have young depth but not quality depth, Im still tipping OM for this one even without gignac, at least a draw

17. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    While it was a bit of a soft penalty for Bayern, again it just reiterated that Lille just isn't good enough for this level of competition. I think the goal now has to be to get at least a point on the board.

In the coeffecient battle both Benfica & Braga also lost so France keep their lead against Portugal. Round 2 tonight with Zagreb - PSG & Porto - Kiev.

18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    :)

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  19. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    italy didn't fair well either, milan lost and juve drew
    psg won but so did porto, while mhsc/lille lost and benfica/braga lost

20. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Aimed at Lille and Montpellier :

[​IMG]

:ROFLMAO:

21. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Olympiakos are a bigger club than Montpellier so I cant get too upset at losing to and finishing behind them. Lille are rebuilding I guess so I shouldnt have expected much from them either. I do not hate PSG and am glad they are doing their fair share.

22. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol random psg fan at the dinamo game?

23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  24. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Yep.:)

25. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well at least OM stepped it up and tried to come back, still amazed that gladbach with 15 goals scored on in just the last 5 games managed to hold on, didn't see the call for the penalty

bordeaux floundered another lead but at least a point to go past brugge who we can beat is fine
    lyon along with athl. madrid & dnipro are the only 3 sides in EL to be undefeated and 3 for 3