French After Armstrong~Again!

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by IntheNet, Aug 24, 2005.

1. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin

But you said he tested postive in '99 and it was covered up. What do you want to change your statement to now, sh!theel?

Wow, Greg LeMond, a person who sabotaged his own team mate, a person who is the epitome of class, is pissed Armstrong has upstaged him? Color me surprised.

You just keep coming up with so much evidence. The French have always been so desperate to discredit Armstrong.

2. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin

Actually you moron, this is what he said

``I'm sorry for you. I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles. But this is a hell of a race. You should believe in these athletes, and you should believe in these people. I'll be a fan of the Tour de France for as long as I live. And there are no secrets -- this is a hard sporting event and hard work wins it.''

And with that, I'm going to bed, but feel free to finally back your statements up with substantial facts. I'll be back in the morning to piss all over whatever stupid statements you make.

3. jambon-beurre

jambon-beurre Member

Mar 12, 2005
    France
    explanation : That wasn't the same substance !

http://66.249.93.104/search?q=cache.../jul99/jul23.shtml+salve+armstrong+1999&hl=fr

He didn't mention he took this salve the day of the control. He was controlled positive and 10 days later he said "no no no, it was for my arse" which is forbidden by UCI rules (to mention afterwards and not the day of the control). However the UCI, completely forgetting its own regulation, said "OK that's fine".

4. jambon-beurre

jambon-beurre Member

Mar 12, 2005
    France
    Greg LeMond is a truly great champion.

Chesco United repped this.
  5. jambon-beurre

jambon-beurre Member

Mar 12, 2005
    France
    He tested positive for corticoids in 99 not for EPO. He tested positive for EPO years laters when the test for EPO was available.
    Don't you know there's plenty of tests about all kinds of substance which can be made on a single sample ?

6. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    This whole thing is insane. Isn't this like trying to expose the Pope as having a stagnant love life?
    I mean, the only bicyclist in the world not using artificial stimulants is my 4-year-old, and just today I caught him with a purple lollypop. A purple lollypop, damn it!

Mattbro repped this.
  7. jambon-beurre

jambon-beurre Member

Mar 12, 2005
    France
    You're closer to the truth than these Lance lovers.

8. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    I like Lance too. He competes in a sport where a non-drug-user will be lost somewhere in Fontenbleau while the pack is crossing the Pyrennees. I firmly believe that those cars that follow them around have trunks chock-full of pills. I would be utterly surprised if any rider who has ever competed in the Tour since the invention of the disposable syringe rode a single stage without seeing a pink elephant at least once.
    In a matchup of a bunch of drugged cyclists Lance wins because he has the most ability of all drugged cyclists. By which I mean all cyclists.
    The whole "exposing" business is pure hypocrisy. Now, if L'Equipe went ahead and exposed Viatcheslav Yekimov as actually being a rubber-skin cyborg... wait... I still wouldn't be surprised.

9. jambon-beurre

jambon-beurre Member

Mar 12, 2005
    France
    The problem is all riders are not "doped the same" and basically if you have a competent doctor like Michele Ferrari, you have more chances to win races than others. It has become a mechanical sport, like Formula 1. Anyway the nickname given by Armstrong to Ferrari was "Schumi" referring to Schumacher.
    But all the peloton is not using drugs. Some experts say it's impossible to enter the top 10 while being clean, but after that, you could have clean riders in the rankings.

10. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Wow, that's just sad that this topic is just another occasion to vent out anger and hatred towards the French in general. Well, knowing the intellectual honesty if not ability of some of those poster I shouldn't be too surprised.

So, one article in one French sport daily which finally represents its own views, the end result...France sucks...Yeah ! Wooohooo ! Bravo, talk about a brain tax...

Well, according to what's been published in the US media, I'm wondering what global and definitive opinion I should have about the whole country on every issue.

If you hate France, go ahead, make a shrine thread or something...But this kind of lame shabby excuse, wait...What am I supposed to expect anyway ?

PS : Have you ever heard of what French media have done to Richard Virenque who happened to be the French public sweetheart at the time ? Guess, some people are talking out of their ass for a change... :rolleyes:

11. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yet, not to ultimately defend Armstrong, I think the media should not substitute themselves to the judiciary system in those affairs ; if they have infos, pass them on, but they're not in a position to give something like a law verdict. This applies to various issues.

12. jambon-beurre

jambon-beurre Member

Mar 12, 2005
    France
    I cant' disagree with that, but what L'Equipe has just done is investigating. They merged the numbers with the samples and they said "we've got a scoop", now it's all up to the UCI to decide what to do. They have just acted like good journalists, for once.

Besides, I've been surprised by the titles of US news agencies like AP saying "Armstrong hit by doping allegations". That's so biased. There's no "allegations" in what's been revealed, it's not some guy who said "Lance is taking drugs" like Mike Anderson for example.
    It's samples from his urine that have been tested positive to EPO, and after that, you can tell "but the samples were 6 years old" or "how can you be sure the numbers of the samples are Armstrong's samples numbers ?" and all types of questions.
    But unless someone can tell "it's the wrong numbers" or "EPO can't be detected 6 years later" (which don't seem to be the case) etc, it's a proof he's taken EPO. "They" don't want to admit that and will use any types of excuses to reject what's obvious (including this stupid "French are jealous" excuse, which is a bit like saying "Americans are so irritated because they didn't win the WC in 1994").

Some guys will always tell you "bring me more evidences" even if they're lying under their noses ... [​IMG]

13. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    ^so L'Equipe says the samples are Armstrongs. are we just supposed to believe them? where's the proof that they are Lance's?

14. jambon-beurre

jambon-beurre Member

Mar 12, 2005
    France
    I just posted that on another thread :

15. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lance married her and they spent a few years together (3 kids) before they divorced a couple years ago. The long distance marriage with him training in Europe so often put a strain on their relationship. Do you have evidence otherwise?

16. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    and that came from whom (the quote you posted)? has L'Equipe released any of hte documents associated with this

17. jambon-beurre

jambon-beurre Member

Mar 12, 2005
    France
    That came from me ! yes they've released photocopies of the documents they used to get to that conclusion. The digital version of the newspaper can be purchased at their official site (lequipe.fr)

18. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    think they will release the real documents? i'd think they would have to.

19. jambon-beurre

jambon-beurre Member

Mar 12, 2005
    France
    It's not morally right but here's the PDF file from L'Equipe .
    The lines in red are the ones where the samples are positive with three different methods.
    Frankly, that's irrefutable, the only thing you could object is that these documents are fake ones ...

20. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Dude, the alleged urine is from six years ago. It's very possible and likely that this was faked in order to tarnish Armstrong's reputation. It's no coincidence that the first "evidence" they've ever cited comes after he's retired. We've got no way of knowing if this was his urine and thus bringing it up at this time is simply horrendous and unfair.

21. jambon-beurre

jambon-beurre Member

Mar 12, 2005
    France
    No it's not "very possible", L'Equipe is the most powerful and respected sport newspaper in Europe with La Gazzetta dello Sport. It's not the Daily Mirror or some "tabloid journalism".
    And the method to detect EPO the way they did it in the lab only appeared at the end of 2004.

22. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm withholding judgment until I hear what Iran has to say.

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  23. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    Iran invented the Tour De France. The clue's in the title.

24. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They invented doping too.

25. Mr Dante

Mr Dante New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Like the vast majority of the sport of professional cycling Armstrong is up to his neck in performance enhancing drugs.

Now go ahead and sue me Lance...:D