French After Armstrong~Again!

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by IntheNet, Aug 24, 2005.

1. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    L'Equipe alleges Armstrong samples show EPO use in 99 Tour
    VeloNews Interactive
    August 23, 2005
    http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/8740.0.html
    "Lance Armstrong has vigorously denied allegations outlined in Tuesday's edition of the French sports daily L'Equipe charging that the seven-time Tour de France champion used the performance-enhancing drug EPO to help him achieve his first Tour victory in 1999."

I can't begin to put into words how mad this report makes me; not only does the frog media dig up six-year old urine samples in a blatantly obvious attempt to smear Lance Armstrong; they do it the day after Lance Armstrong bikes with Presdient Bush! This story has been discredited time and time again, as has prior allegations of hero Armstrong's alleged steroid use! I smell sour grapes by the French, as Cheney might say, big time!

2. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It might be true, but still, I agree with ITN, here. There's just no way a six year-old test is gonna just randomly pop up. I doubt it had to do with the Bush meeting, though. Hell, I don't know WHY they'd choose to do this now, since it only hurts the Tour.

3. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The funny thing is Armstrong doesn't agree w/ Dubya's, er BushCo's policies. Example: Iraq. Example: Stem cell research.

4. jambon-beurre

jambon-beurre Member

Mar 12, 2005
    France
    There's already a thread called "Armstrong's a cheater" to talk about all this affair. [​IMG]

5. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin
    Is Lance an a$$hole? Yes. Is he arrogant? Absolutely. This is a guy that dumped his girlfriend as soon as he beat cancer; a girl that stood by him the entire time. But did he cheat? I doubt it. L'Equipe has been after him since he first put on the Maillot Jaune. The company that runs the tour also owns L'Equipe. If you look at his physiological capabilities and compare them to those of the average man, they far exceed them. As for EPO, IIRC, he did take EPO during his cancer treatment. If these tests are truly accurate, then perhaps that could explain it. However, Miguel Indurain, a man who is on the record as hating Armstrong and discounting all of his achievements, does not buy the latest allegations. As for L'Equipe, the head of Le Tour, and anyone else, go die in a fire you French fvcks. Take your sour grapes and shove 'em.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Typical French. What BS drivel.

7. jambon-beurre

jambon-beurre Member

Mar 12, 2005
    France
    Bullshit. Quote me a single declaration from Indurain to prove that.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/more/08/24/bc.cyc.armstrong.doping.ap/index.html

There you go.

You were saying?

9. jambon-beurre

jambon-beurre Member

Mar 12, 2005
    France
    I'm only amused to see how Lance fans are struggling to prove his innocence though there isn't a single doubt about his guiltiness.

10. jambon-beurre

jambon-beurre Member

Mar 12, 2005
    France
  11. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is doubt, its called NO REAL EVIDENCE.

That evidence is scarcer then Iraqi WMD's.

12. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin
  13. jambon-beurre

jambon-beurre Member

Mar 12, 2005
    France
    OK there's still a very very tiny doubt. The only thing that's missing is his avowals.
    Type "Mike Anderson" and "Emma O'Reilly" in Google, you'll learn a lot of things.
    He's also been tested positive during the Tour 99. The all affair was hidden, his team pretending 10 days after the positive control that he used salve because his arse was painful. Without the complacency of the UCI, he would have already been busted.

PS : Don't forget to quote me Indurain hating Armstrong

14. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin
    Actually, there are plenty of doubts considering it is just L'Equipe and the head of the tour saying such things about 6 year-old 'B Tests' that somehow have just been sitting around this entire time in a freezer. It is interesting L'Equipe has been on a witch hunt for 6 years and that the tour and L'Equipe are owned by the same company and that the French have never been able to accept that they suck at their own largest and most important sporting event.

15. jambon-beurre

jambon-beurre Member

Mar 12, 2005
    France
    Wow, that's extremely violent !

Every connoisseur of cycling will tell you that it is Merxx who's the greatest. Even Lance Armstrong would recognize it himself.

16. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have evidence post it; if you don't shut up. I'm willing to read what you have, if you have it. I'm not willing to entertain a 'smear an American' post!

17. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    [​IMG]

18. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin
    Oh, that's right, rely on unsubstantiated testimony. We'll see how the trial turns out this fall. If he tested positive during the '99 tour, what did he test positive for and why did it not come out then?

As for Lance, do you know him personally, because I do. Yes, he's a total prick and he's ******** on a lot of people in his lifetime, but taking EPO or HGH is not something he needed to do to win. Just check what his VO2 max, the size of his heart, and his lactic acid production are in comparison to a normal person, especially a French cyclist such as Laurent Jalabert.

And as for Indurain not liking Armstrong, if you know the least amount about cycling, as your posts claim, then you know that the two are not on anything close to friendly terms.

19. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin

Yes, Merxx is the most impressive given his wins and the era he rode in. However, if you put Merxx in the present day where he could focus solely on the tour or Armstrong in Merxx's day where he had to ride numerous other races, then it would be comparable. And Lance would wax the floor with Merxx either way. Lance won quite a few important races before he ever had cancer, showing he had the talent before he had the descipline and the proper body.

20. jambon-beurre

jambon-beurre Member

Mar 12, 2005
    France
    L'Equipe has been rather kind with Armstrong during all these years. And the fact that ASO possesses L'Equipe and the Tour de France is actually an argument which proves that L'Equipe has no interest in "hounding" LA. Wouldn't it be logical to pretend there's absolutely no doping problem in the Tour de France when you belong to the company which organize it ?

Btw, It's not seen as a "french race" at all. There's more strangers than french who are on the roads, cheering the cyclists, during the Tour.
    It's an international event which just takes place in France.

21. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin

Wow, that's the biggest straw man I've ever seen built. And no, it wouldn't be logical as L'Equipe has not been "rather kind" with Armstrong these past six years. They haven't been able to stand it an American has broken so many records and have been trying to bring him down the entire time. Nice job on ignoring so many facts. In the words of Lance, I feel sorry for you.

22. jambon-beurre

jambon-beurre Member

Mar 12, 2005
    France
    The evidence are his 6 positive tests, moron. What do you want which would be more convincing than that ?

23. jambon-beurre

jambon-beurre Member

Mar 12, 2005
    France
    The test didn't exist.

Greg Lemond himself has said his performance were unthinkable if he didn't take anything. Jalabert was on drugs too.

link ?

24. jambon-beurre

jambon-beurre Member

Mar 12, 2005
    France
    In the words of Lance : I don't believe in miracles.

25. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin
    Hey, sh!t for brains, you said there was evidence back in '99 that was covered up at the time. Here's your words

So, please explain the above statement.

Last I checked this is 6 years later and they're trying to use an inconclusive test on B samples, which is something that doesn't hold up at all. Try coming up with better, France.