Fredy Montero - part II

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by GOALSeattle, Feb 3, 2009.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yo mas que teo y jackson sinceramente...ps eso si en buen nivel y cuando juegue en una liga de nivel

2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    depends on who is in form. Teo isn't Falcao and doesn't generate the same level of respect from opposing players. He hadn't scored in over a month and shouldn't haven been called but a in form Teo > than everyone but Falcao. I'd take a Falcao who hasn't scored in 2 months over any striker we have.

Montero's time will come but he needs to leave the MLS. I prefer he stay there than go to Mexico tho. Sadly Chara did bad against Bolivia and that could set back players from that league being called but Montero and Carlos Valdez need to be called to the NT

3. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    alguien sabe algo de sdu salida un equipo mas prometedor?

es un lider e idolo en seattle- pero no pasa nada en esa liga

es hora que MLS recupere su inversion y lo venda a EPL (destino preferido de goleadores/porteros MLesers)

4. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  5. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't think Junior can afford him. Also he still has a couple years on his contract with MLS.

6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Read the interview....he said that is possible to reach an agreement with junior, he wants to live in barranquilla........

7. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    It is possible in theory but I dont think it is economically feasible in reality.

8. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i dont want to keep my expectations so high
    But...
    Monteros dreams has been alway play for tu Papa
    And tu Papa is playing libertadores, plus Junior just sold Bacca for 3. Something millions
    If we managed to not only brought but also renew the contract for somebody who has Champions leage experience and didnt knew anything about Junior i think with Montero we could work something out

Btw Fuad said (since last libertadores), that his dream is seeing Junior win la Libertadores.

9. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Even with the money they get for Bacca it probably would not be enough. I don't think Junior should commit that money to just one player anyway if they want to win the Copa. They should distribute it on various players.

10. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Faud Char can afford to buy him using his own money. Freddy is probably around same price tag as Bacca. It would be a great investment in his part to do so plus Monetero knows that playing Libertadores increases his chances of a transfer to Europe.

11. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    I do not agree.

I also do not believe MLS will let him go as easily as most people in this thread are willing to believe.

12. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Freddy has been quite explicit about his desire to play for Junior. Char can definitely afford to buy or another possible scenario will be arranging a Loan to play Libertadores which will be beneficial to MLS in terms of a future transfer. Let see how much Faud Char is willing to $$$ to win Copa Libertadores.

13. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Bacca Ruiz Montero up front with G10 !!!!!!!!!

Would be fing awesome

14. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    y si le tiran un contratico de 3 meses? como el cuento del T Henry en el arsenal o los comunes prestamos de MLS a equipos europeos, recuerden que en USA hacen pretemporada en febrero y juegan torneo en abril/nov

mas facil por ese lado- refuerzo paracopa liberta.

15. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's more than just money that involved in selling a player like Montero. MLS wants to be seen by young South American talent as a route to Europe. I highly doubt that they will sell one of the leagues best young strikers back to his domestic league. There's a similar situation with Omar Gonzalez(even though he's from the US), one the best young CB prospects in the league. There's significant interest from Mexico, but there's no way the league will sell him to there even if a decent offer is made. Both players have interest from Europe and it'll be interesting to see where they end up.

16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Wich was the last south american that was transfer from mls to europe? toga to rumania?

i see that they only sell north americans....but south americans stay all life long in USA

17. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    MLS sells/lets go for free their players to 2nd divison Germany and England all the time. Their youth players are usually College players so they can leave on free transfer as no one owns them. MLS is not an exporting league. Fing Junior has sold more players to europe by itself than the MLS has.

Reason to go to the MLS is USA as a country is >>>> than every other country put together. You get paid in dollars, fan base isn't extreme so no one bothers you or your family and your kids have a great place to grow up in. For a player 26 or older with limited options to go to europe it is not a bad place to go. It is not a league where you go to get seen by the NT or abroad. It's not a league for such a promising 21 year old when Montero left, and it won't be for another good 10 years.

Montero made a stupid choice and maybe forced into it because Dept Cali needed money and I feel he is stuck there until the MLS gets what they want for him or his contract expires. MLS wants insane amounts for a player in a shitty league, the want to sell their guys like if they are Argentians.

18. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Bottom line, if they want to sell Montero for a shit load of money they need to loan him to Junior and hope for the best in the Libertadores...

19. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm speaking more towards an ambition than of reality. They certainly would like to have already had a track record of selling them, but the league was never able to attract players as young and as talented as Montero. They realize he is recognizable to young Colombian players and I'm sure they want to use him as an example of what could happen if they come to MLS.

20. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    montero needs a new agent. he should be training in europe right now the the rest of the mls stars are.

he should try to go to the mexican league . imo hes good enough to be in europe.

idk if junior sold bacca ye but if they did and if he cod go to junior that wod be better for him then staying in seattle.

If seattle were smart theyd sell to any euro team in the top five euro leagues.

21. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    bump any new news on Montero to Junior?

22. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    no word this week- he still on the plan of the sounders, here is info with the draft of a Nigerian forward:

In the second round, the Sounders selected forward Babayele Sodade, a 6-foot-3 forward from University of Alabama-Birmingham. He was a three-year starter for the Blazers and improved his production in each season, scoring seven goals in 18 games as a sophomore, nine goals in 18 games as a junior and 13 goals in 21 games as a senior.

He grew up in Nigeria before moving to Canada at 15 and was invited to the Canadian National Team’s Olympic camp in 2010. He gives the Sounders depth at the forward position.

“With us losing Nate Jaqua and with O’Brian White still coming back from injury, we felt it was good to look at a little bit of depth in that position,” Schmid said. “He showed well at the combine. He’s had a good career at UAB and he’s the kind of player who could be a surprise guy like C.J. Sapong was last year.”

Duran and Sodade will join the Sounders as training camp opens next week. On Tuesday, Seattle will have the chance to add four more players to the roster in the Supplemental Draft. They open veteran training camp on Thursday, January 19 at Starfire

with jaqua and O'brian out, pls the the drafted forward, MONTERO is not going anywhere, seems like it.

23. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Forget it.... Muy caro y Junior no piensa en gastar

24. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    y la platica de brujas belgica?

o sera que la pagan a cuotas (5 semestres?)

25. HijodelAB

HijodelAB Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Neiva Yumboersey
    Los genios de el Deportivo La Balsa cometieron una barbaridad cuando le regalaron a Montero a la MLS por $1 millon (o fue $1.5?)
    Si se hubieran esperado una temporadas mas, hubieran podido hacer negocio con el por mucho mas $$.. como el negocio que hizo Junior con Bacca.

Por algo el Deportivo La Balsa esta donde esta.. un equipo casi en la quiebra, administrado por ladrones.