Freddy Guarin - News & comments II

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Pibe#10, Jul 11, 2007.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    la vez pasada alcanzo a jugar como 25 min

2. GavoCol

GavoCol Member

May 12, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    El partido de St. Etienne termino 1-0 a favor del equipo de Guarin que estubo en la banca todo el partido

El unico tanto fue marcado por Geoffrey Dernis en los descuentos, justo cuando se acababa el partido, con un disparo potente fuera del area que pego en el travesaño y entro. Un Golazo

St. Etienne 1-0 Marseille

3. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Not even on the bench

4. GavoCol

GavoCol Member

May 12, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    :( Garin no juega, ni tampoco esta en la banca, pero su equipo gana 0-2 al Tolouse, se termino la primera mitad

5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he has to have some sort of attitude problem or the coach doesnt like him cause it just doesnt make sense.... he was doing so well last season was voted player of hte month in march.... they buy him and this season dont use him at all after he was a starter basically the whole preseason

see him being traded or loaned out in the winter break.... hopefully to Wason or Sanchez team :(

6. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    was doing a little research on why my fav colombian isnt playing and on the french and St. Ettiete boards say that guarin might be going to Athletic Madrid who want him :), hope Perea puts in a good word for our kid. (that is according to mercado385.com they said)

someone also said Monaco are intersted in him but dont want that because dont want too many colombians in the same spots like dont want him to compete with Pino for the same spot on a team other than the NT

well if this is true its good because guess his team has too many people at his spot and their change of formation is whats killing his play time

7. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I wish... Link???

8. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY
    Well, is Guarin even training with his team? How can they propose to transfer him if he isn't even playing?

9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he also wasnt playing at boca and he went to france and played every other game last season didnt he?

dont think he will start at Athletico either because they have reyes at the bench and he has played on teh spanish NT but its intersting if he does go.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387057&page=4

10. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    uarin sur le départ ?
    Fabrice LAMPERTI - samedi 20 octobre 2007 - 11h31

Peu utilisé, le milieu pourrait quitter le Forez au mercato d’hiver. L’Atletico Madrid se serait renseigné. Par ailleurs, l’hypothèse d’enrôler un latéral gauche demeure.

Des dents commencent à grincer du côté de l’A.S. Saint-Etienne. Plusieurs joueurs, peu satisfaits de leur faible temps de jeu, s’interrogent et pourraient donner une nouvelle impulsion à leur carrière lors du prochain mercato hivernal. Lasse Nilsson est de ceux- là. L’attaquant suédois était pourtant l’une des priorités de recrutement de Laurent Roussey. Mais le technicien forézien l’utilise à dose homéopathique (75 minutes de jeu). Le joueur de 25 ans commence à perdre patience et son football. Si la situation devait durer, il pourrait réclamer un bon de sortie.

Autre candidat au départ, Fredy Guarin. Le surpuissant milieu colombien n’est pas incontournable dans l’esprit de Roussey, qui ne l’a titularisé qu’à deux reprises pour un temps de jeu total en L1 de 170 minutes. Trop peu au goût du jeune (21 ans) Sud-Américain. D’autant que celui-ci a semé de bons souvenirs au cours de ses rares prestations. Des écuries anglaises (Liverpool, notamment) l’auraient observé. Mais le club le plus intéressé serait l’Atletico Madrid.

L'Atletico Madrid se renseigne

Les « Colchoneros » se seraient récemment renseignés sur les conditions d’un transfert en janvier. S’ils passent la vitesse supérieure, on voit mal Saint-Etienne mettre des bâtons dans les roues de Guarin, arrivé à l’été 2006 en provenance de Boca Juniors. Par ailleurs, David Gigliotti (22 ans, 116 minutes de jeu) figurerait sur les tablettes du FC Metz. L'ancien Monégasque ferait partie d'une première liste de noms pour renforcer l'attaque lorraine mais aucun contact officiel n'a encore été amorcé.

Côté renforts, les Verts restent attentifs. L’hypothèse d’engager un latéral gauche serait toujours étudiée. Ils auraient vaguement jeté un œil sur le jeune Messin Sébastien Bassong (21 ans), capable d’évoluer aussi bien sur un flanc que dans l’axe de la défense. Lille serait également intéressé. Récemment, le nom du Strasbourgeois Ahmed « Abou » Moslem a été suggéré à la direction stéphanoise, mais le retour se fait toujours attendre. A suivre…

Translation:

Guarin on the departure?
    Fabrice LAMPERTI-Saturday, October 20, 2007-11:31

Few used, the environment could leave the Forez in Winter mercato. The Atletico Madrid will be filled. Furthermore, the hypothesis of a recruit left home.

Teeth begin to grind on the side of the A. S. Saint-Etienne. Several players, regardless satisfied with their low-play time, questioned and could give new impetus to their careers at the next Winter mercato. Lasse Nilsson thereof is there. The Swedish striker was nevertheless one of the priorities of recruiting Laurent Roussey. But the technician uses forézien with homeopathic dose (75 minutes of play). The 25 year old player began to lose his patience and football. If the situation were to continue, it could claim a transfer.

Another candidate at the outset, Fredy Guarin. The powerful Colombian environment is not essential in the spirit of Roussey, who did appointment twice for a total game time in L1 170 minutes. Too little taste of the young (21 years) Sud-Américain. Especially since he has sown some good memories during his few benefits. Some English teams (Liverpool, in particular) have observed. But the club would be most interested Atletico Madrid.

The Atletico Madrid information

"" Colchoneros had recently learned about the conditions for a transfer in January. If they spend a higher gear, it is difficult to Saint frustrate of Guarin, arrived in the summer of 2006 from Boca Juniors. In addition, David Gigliotti (22, 116 minutes of play) appear on the shelves of FC Metz. The former Monaco would be part of an initial list of names to strengthen the attack lorraine but no formal contact has yet been initiated.

Side reinforcements, the Greens remain attentive. The idea to hire a left would still be investigated. They would vaguely taken a look at the young Messin Sebastien Bassong (21 years), capable of evolving as well on a slope that at the center of the defense. Lille would also be interested. Recently, the name of "Abu Ahmed Strasbourgeois Moslem" was suggested to the direction of Saint-Etienne, but the return is still waiting. To be continued ...

11. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Atletico Madrid

Liver Pool

What an upgrade for the kid if does happen. I'll rather see him bech warm either club than French middle table team (I know they a rich history but it's the past)...It seem Atletico is the most interested but I thik EPL will be good fit for him.

12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yea I can def see him at liverpool and Rafa is a great developer of talent and has a rotation system that love it or hate it he does and Guarin would get some playing time and almost all the players speak spanish so wont be a huge shock for the kid. Id love to be a Liverpool fan haha if he does go. Athletico is kind of a loser team they can spend 300 millon on players every season btu will always be under achievers its annoying but the truth and it will eb just as hard for him to make an impact there too and the mexi coach doesnt really change his squad

13. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY
    He can't play in Liverpool, they wouldn't grant him the work permit remember you have to play for your national team... So don't even dream about it, cause it's not gonna happen, especially not after he got red carded after two minutes on a friendly last Sept.

14. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he has played like 4-6 games for the nt in the past 2 years... mostly all under Rueda. He was with the NT for 2 games with Pinto.

he was in and started all the games b4 the World Cup which were like 4-6 games then 2 games with pinto. thats 8... and I think its like 20-30 %

and then if u are an extrodinary talent u can go. They can show videos of him

its unrealistic but he has played for our NT and he is very young so that can be taken into account.

15. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY
    Good point, perhaps he can sign with Liverpool, although I view that as difficult.

16. hanzellmo

hanzellmo Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Bogota
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    well Rafa Benitez is known, for liking not that amazing players and turning them in super-stars, plus he's always rotating his squad, wich will grant us with at least 90 minutes every 2 weeks.

17. JPAcolombia9

JPAcolombia9 Member

Oct 27, 2006
    either/or would be sickkkkkkkkkkkkkk. i actually think he could handle the english game. one of the few players we have that actually would.

18. Bermele

Bermele Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Liverpool is already one of my favorite teams so Guarin going there would be awesome. And I agree with you guys that he has the abilities to play in England, certainly he has a good physique and a powerful long shot.

I hope the rumours come true because Guarin is a good player and deserves a better oportunity than what he's getting in ASSE right now.

19. Siempreconlamecha

Apr 4, 2005
    Am I correct in stating that some people here belive Guarin will get a better opportunity at Liverpool than he did at Boca and is getting at ASSE?
    Doesn't make sense to me. Liverpool has 6 internationals plus guys like Jermaine Pennant and Sebastian Leto competing for 4 midfield positions.:confused:.

20. hanzellmo

hanzellmo Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Bogota
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    as i said rafa works rotating the squad, and his natural position is not RMF is more like a RCMF (volante moderno que llaman), just like Toja(LCMF), and Liverpool plays with 2 of those most of the time (Sissoko, Gerard, Mascherano(DMF-> puro 5, buena combinacion con Guarin), Xabi Alonso) and Liverpool is not like Chelsea who buys player without asking their coach all of their players are requested by Rafa Benitez, so i think if he eventualy goes there, he'll have a place probably not as the main CMF but he'll get that chance, and he'll play as i said at least 90 minutes every 15 days(the least)

21. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Guarin can make it in England he has the pace, strength, and heart you need to play there. I'd love to see him play at Liverpool, being there my favorite EPL team :)

22. JPAcolombia9

JPAcolombia9 Member

Oct 27, 2006
    i think hes on the bench today? :( probably wont go in.... ******** this manager

23. GavoCol

GavoCol Member

May 12, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yes, Guarin is on the bench, St. Ettiene empata 2-2 de visita contra Le Mans, estan en el entretiempo

Ojala se valla luego de ahi porque es mucho talento desperdiciado

24. JPAcolombia9

JPAcolombia9 Member

Oct 27, 2006
    3-2 perdiendo el ASSE. 3 hp penales ha marcado este arbitro.

25. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    hp tecnico ese q lo banquea ojala q les bvaya mal al igual q el monaco q no estan a lineando alos colombianos mientras el burdeos q siga asi banqueandoi aperea pa q no lo llamen