Freddy Adu

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by LINETRASH, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To Adu haters, he is the worst player in the world. Trash like the Farfan brothers who aren't any good in my opinion on the international stage is better to haters.

To Adu fans, he needs to be in the right situation and league. He can be a star for the USMNT and he our most talented player.

Adu is what he is. He will always have a love and hate relationship. I really don't like Philly fans because most of you have terrible soccer IQ and are dumber than a wooden stool. The mod is cool, I have no issue with him at all. I really can't stand Philly fans in general. Worst fans in sports outside of Eastern European Football fans. Without question, long mouth donkeys who attack Santa Claus and boo players who get injured. Really have no idea what they are talking about and are terrible sports fans in general. Southeastern sports fans are superior in terms of understanding of the game and knowing when and when not to spend money on a terrible product.

Darkwing McQuack and Handsome Pete repped this.
  2. LINETRASH

LINETRASH Member+

Jul 19, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :whistling::)

3. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your buddy earlier attacked the SE sports fan, I didn't say a peep about Philly in general till then.

4. LINETRASH

LINETRASH Member+

Jul 19, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My buddy? And personally, I don't really give 2 sh1ts what you think of Philly or it's fans........it does make you sound bitter and jealous though, good luck with that, hope you turn pro. ;)

5. Doop

Doop Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To paraphrase a sign at the all star game...

Aduesque's a good guy

Said no one ever.

Handsome Pete and BuddhaWake repped this.
  6. Slaskwroclaw18

Jun 26, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What do have against Eastern European fans?

7. etsjay

etsjay Member

Oct 31, 2011
    PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cheese fries.

That is all.

unholyunion and Doop repped this.
  8. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This might be the greatest post I've ever read on these boards. Simply amazing.

UnionDues repped this.
  9. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    NBC was annoucing last night that they were showing the Union game tonite. They said that "Freddy Adu and the Philadelphia Union" was taking on the NE Revolution.

Must be irritating to have Adu as the star player if you don't like him.

10. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Star player? Or. Not even an All-Star with the helping hand of Don Garber.

11. unholyunion

unholyunion Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No name credibility whatsoever......

cough...

thank you.

12. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't dispute his name recognition, but "star player" is pushing it.

13. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    ??
    Don't quite get the comment. Apparently NBCSHD (ch 603 Directv) is showing the Philadelphia game tonite. They were talking about it last night during the the LA game .

14. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    Highest quality player? He's the only DP, right? Didn't see any other Union players starring for the Nats in the Gold Cup last year either. I know it can be embarrassing, but denial isn't a great option either.

15. SmashtheVan

SmashtheVan Member+

Jan 13, 2009
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Being the consistent player he is, he also led a great run in getting the US qualified for the Olymp...oh...nevermind.

16. jclampit

jclampit Member

Apr 12, 2002
    Pretty sure the unholy one is agreeing with you, and that red on this board = sarcasm, which in this case was aimed at another.

unholyunion repped this.
  17. EmeraldDawn

EmeraldDawn Member+

May 11, 2008
    Brick, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about the guys like Williams, MacMath, Jack Mac and Okugo who played with the U-23s (Okugo was the captain in case you forgot)? The USMNT in a few years will be running through Philadelphia and not necessarily because of Freddy.

UnionTillIDie, Dills, UnionDues and 2 others repped this.
  18. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    Those guys will probably be far more marginal than Adu is currently. He's more likely to be the future than they are.

19. jclampit

jclampit Member

Apr 12, 2002
    That's the wrong comeback. :) (He played great here.)

Proper comeback: "And he hasn't gotten near the team since, w/ JK saying he'll never call Freddy up until he's more consistently dominant. Bob may have liked him, but JK demands consistency (which is all we want too)." :)

(I'll leave the obvious comeback to that comeback for someone else. Can't wait to watch the game. Doop!)

20. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Ahhh. That's explains it. thanks.:)

21. jclampit

jclampit Member

Apr 12, 2002
    Love all those guys.

Btw, fwiw: http://aol.sportingnews.com/soccer/...u-named-captain-of-us-olympic-qualifying-team

"Captained them right out of the tournament..." , right? ;)

(He was great, of course; always has been in a U.S. shirt. Has been in spurts for the Union. Hopefully he'll only get better as time goes by. I'd like to see all these pups grow into a dominant Union side. The potential's there, and I like what Hack is doing so far.)

Drippingmilk repped this.
  22. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    shocked, I tell ya. Never would have guessed in a million years.
    I'm a native who lives in the Southeast. Not sure where I'd fit in the equation then........other than I'm pretty sure I'd cheer if I saw you injured at this point............

unholyunion, UnionDues and Handsome Pete repped this.
  23. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Another reason I'm not a fan of JK. Or, rather, two: he talks of only calling players who are "consistently dominant" with their clubs, and then he calls Morales (who's barely played with his club) and Gooch (who had only played a game or two since getting back from injury).

Also, I think only calling players who are playing well with their clubs is lazy. Any coach can do that, it requires no tactical ideas. A lot harder, and much better (IMO) is to make a plan and appreciate the qualities of a player that would make him fit your plan, even if in his club he's a round peg in a square hole.

In that sense, Bob was superior: he could use a guy based on what he needed from him, not just what he showed in a different system.

OwlSaver and riot71 repped this.
  24. OwlSaver

OwlSaver Member+

Jan 26, 2005
    Berwyn, PA (127, J)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That assumes we can and do hold onto all of them. I think the reality will be that we will lose one or two of them over the next three years. Does anyone know what the longest tenure with an MLS team is? Is there a team that is particularly good at holding onto players?

25. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    So....I watched most of the Union v NE Revolution game. Most I've seen of Philadelphia, and most of Freddy Adu I've seen in a while.

Comments on the Union --
    1. Either the gk is really bad, or he had a really bad game.
    2. Union's offense in the 1st half seemed to be to have the defenders kick the ball down the field and give it away. Time after time after time.
    3. Lots of players on the Union who seem like they might be good in a few years. How did Philadelphia wind up with no experienced players? (or is Freddy the experienced player?)

Freddy --
    1. Didn't do much. See #2 above for part of the reason. Scored a penalty.
    2. Seemed to play compact and conservatively. Didn't give the ball away. Didn't run very fast or very far.
    3. The referee didn't seem to see any foul against Adu ever. Is that typical?

I guess I don't think Freddy Adu is the team's biggest problem.