Freddy Adu: An American in Aris [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by VAMOS ARIS, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    I hope Adu-sseus has found his Ithaca also. That 18K singing and chanting and using pyros at the first training session is incredible and delightful. You guys are definitely not well! :D Wow!

2. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When will Adu be introduced to the media?

How long will it take to release the other 2 players? Are they both still there or is one of them gone?

thanks

3. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    I think the Yanks-Abroad article says the pair of players to be released won't happen until Monday which is why EJ and Adu can't play this weekend.

4. Bellof-3

Bellof-3 New Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Ιn the next few days he will be introduced to the media, I think after sunday's match with iraklis

on monday they will be released. Abreu has signed with botafogo and gracian is on negotiations with indepetiende if they waven't come to an agreement yet

5. mich-3

mich-3 New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Athens
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Correct. And that is because the league has agreed to sign releases only on Mondays...:confused:

(Bureaucracy sucks but we have to be legit...)

6. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will this thread be closed before Freddy is even introduced?

7. dban

dban Member

May 20, 2003
    PhillyBurbs - Delawareside
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Freddy and Eddie get to hang at the beaches all weekend, BONUS. Hope there's no curfew, we don't want to get into that again.

8. mich-3

mich-3 New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Athens
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    If they are into winter swimming they might...:D

I think they will be in the stands to see the game against Iraklis...

9. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    The last two where the passer and the receiver have to make the same split second decision are the kind of thing where it takes players time playing together to understand each other. When it's a few stolen minutes here and there that understanding never comes. I was seeing the same kind of thing from Messi and Ibrahimovic learning each others expectations early in the season. For the last couple of teams Freddy has never had that chance to get an understanding with other starters. On the through ball, the forward made the determined run, so it was just a matter of Freddy seeing it quickly and nailing the pass perfectly, which he did. Freddy actually pulls the trigger *more* quickly than most American players, when he pulls it.

I'd suggest an experiment. Take any *starter* in the world, imagine that someone's lied to you and told you that their last three coaches haven't played them at all, and then watch 30 minutes of their play trying to find out why. You WILL find out why. :) Just try it with all the other players on the field in that Monaco game. Losing the ball left and right, kicking it away to the other team or out of bounds, being way to slow to pass, not making the right runs. We're too focused on Freddy meeting some abstract idea of perfection. Look at him relative to the other players, and remember every single one has more experience in that league.

10. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can't fake a smile like that. Gotta feel good for Freddy. May there be many more smiles for him and Aris.

I think it is great that EJ is there and very smart of Cuper from the standpoint of possibly getting the most out of Freddy along with the potential EJ brings to Aris attack. They are in similar situations. Freddy seems like a very social guy and EJ might be able to provide a kind of grounded, older brother support system for him. I don't think EJ is a clubbing kind of guy.

11. wcssstar33

wcssstar33 Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope. He's a grown-ass man. Maybe Freddy can learn a thing or two.

12. Vegalta_Sendai

Feb 14, 2000
    Santa Clara, CA, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. That's one of the reasons I thought going to Aris with Eddie would be better for him than going to Hull with Jozy.

13. arkjayback

arkjayback Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Le Mars, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That seems pretty accurate and better thought out than many of his long-time American fans can form at this point.

Americans always want the very best, so they see Ronaldo, Rooney, and Messi as world superstars by age 20 or 21 then try to diminish the success of American players of the same age. Becaus if they're not a superstar by 21, they never will be!!! Some completely dismiss college soccer in the US just because they get out at 21 or 22 (ya know, too late to develop a good soccer career), despite the successes of Dempsey, Clark, Onyewu, etc.

But seriously, Aris seems like the perfect fit for both guys and their similar situations at this point. Can't wait to watch these guys.

14. zapem_10

zapem_10 Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want to say THANKS! again to the new Aris supporters that have joined up. The information and insight between this thread and the EJ thread has been outstanding. You have single-handedly contributed more actual news and information in the last week than we had in the previous 2000 Adu thread posts.

I am a little bummed that EJ can't play this weekend but I am unbelievably excited about the idea that both could suit up and play Thursday...an EJ goal from an Adu assist would certainly cause a massive BS board meltdown...as would a double DNP...I just realized that a meltdown is inevitable on this topic...my condolences to the moderators...;)

15. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I might be wrong but honestly I think there are maybe 2-3 guys on these boards saying he's a bust at 20. IMO these guys are not fans of American soccer. That, or they're just posting to get a rise out of people.

He's 20. He has plenty of time to become the player we all hope he will be.

I'd also like to extend my thanks to the Aris supporters as well. Keep posting!

16. ironduke2010

ironduke2010 Member

Mar 18, 2005
    A2, MI USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    +1!

17. juniorLA

juniorLA Member

Mar 4, 2008
    El Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this!^ :)

18. Missionary

Missionary Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Mission Viejo
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No offense or anything if I want to really get depressed I look for a Freddy thread. On the otherhand, this latest loan is the best news I have heard in 2 years. I am really hoping the kid gets to play week in and week out so we can watch him grow.

19. Drippingmilk

Drippingmilk Member

Jul 30, 2008
  20. mich-3

mich-3 New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Athens
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    They say EJ is ready to play and trained well since he came. Everybody was surprized of his readyness and his fitness.
    Adu has done ergometric tests that show he is in great shape.

In both cases I don't know about match fitness but I am sure they will be ready to play when needed.

And most definitely I don't trust this newspaper which always gives trouble to the team. Best thing to do is to use the official threads. www.Arisfm.gr (official radio), www.arisfc.gr (fc official page) or www.super3.gr (official super3 supporters page).

21. Kalamaria

Kalamaria New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Some pictures from Adu's first training.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More to come...

22. Kalamaria

Kalamaria New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
  23. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So much for not training hard...

24. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    No more being in the dark, the articles are even covering what they work on in practice.

[​IMG]

25. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also can you guys ( our Greek friends) also get us torrent files of the games or only live streams?

Sometimes I have to work on Saturday's...:mad:

Is there a way to record a live stream on a mac?