FRC-Joseph out at Chivass?

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Camden, Jan 25, 2013.

1. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That puts a whole different perspective on the deal Burns made to get rid of SJ.

All that talk about Shalrie being unfit was obviously just posturing (which apparently worked).

2. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Why/how so? You're saying that Burns did a good job by not having to give up a lot to get rid of Shalrie? I'm not sure how Chivas USA making a terrible trade to dump Shalrie has much of a relation to the trade we made to get rid of him.

3. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Burns got Blair Gavin, Donnie Smith, and allocation money, which is a lot more than CHV got for him.

If Burns had waited until now to trade him, you think he'd have gotten a better deal than CHV did, let alone a better deal than he did last summer?

ktsd repped this.
  4. ktsd

ktsd Member

Jul 20, 1999
    Bethel, CT, USA
    Very good point.

Though it is somewhat sad that we have to look at Chivas to make ourselves feel better.

5. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I said at the time that it was a good move to get what we got for Shalrie. Good thing there is one team who is dumber than us, but credit to the Revs for biting the bullet and making a trade that had to be made.

6. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Yeah, I completely agree. Sorry, I didn't really understand the intent of your post. I think Burns got a good deal for Shalrie, taking advantage of an inept CUSA franchise.

NFLPatriot repped this.
  7. MLSFan123

MLSFan123 Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Boston Area
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there a chance that Seattle can cut/release Joseph to free up their 3rd DP slot and just keep the other free goodies or is Joseph on some sort of gaurentee deal?

8. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think if that was an option, CHV would have cut him instead of giving away the farm.

9. MLSFan123

MLSFan123 Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Boston Area
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was thinking more of a buyout.

10. MLSFan123

MLSFan123 Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Boston Area
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It may be a buyout to get out of the deal, if they need to free up that slot.

From Seattle GM today

NFLPatriot repped this.
  11. Revolution909

Revolution909 Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Rumford, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I wonder if this has anything to due with the situation in which he was shipped off - that being the ethnic cleansing of Chivas. I bet they told the poor bastard who made the deal that if he didn't make the deal he'd be cleansed too. That whole debacle put them in quite a bad position when it came to leveraging moves.

12. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Am I the only one who wouldn't be surprised to see Shalrie have a bit of a rebirth with Seattle? Playing with better teammates, in a great gameday atmosphere, and competing for an MLS Cup might just bring the best out of Shalrie. I know he's looked slow, out of shape, and old for the Revs and Chivas but I have a feeling that playing with a great DM like Alonso may really help his game.

Jon Martin and Revolution909 repped this.
  13. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would not be the least bit surprised. Then again, if he truly is at the end of the road I would also not be surprised. I hope the former is true and not the later. I wish him the best, except for against us! ;)

NFLPatriot repped this.
  14. Revolution909

Revolution909 Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Rumford, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The quality surrounding him will definitely help his game. He won't be NEARLY as "exposed" as he was with the untalented Chivas and NE sides. He won't be expected to do nearly as much either. He'll just be a solid piece with a streamlined role. I think he'll definitely improve.

Same goes for Benny at SKC. Those 2 ex Revs are set to have solid years... wonderful.

RevsFanDan, Jon Martin and Crooked repped this.
  15. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    Wow. I have been thinking the same thing. I'm not saying that either one was in a position to help us get out of our doldrums, but some may not have considered how good they might be in the right setting.

16. RevsFanDan

RevsFanDan Member

May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Company philosophy has a lot to do with an employee's overall self worth and ambition quality! If they constantly feel like they're in a bottom feeder org..they're going to do bare minimum or less! IMO

On the other hand if they're output level is still poor at these 2 quality clubs..then fingers will definitely be pointed back at them!

And the slap in the face will be on them..or Revs FO/Coaching for the past few years!