Frauen-Bundesliga Follies 2011

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Micol, Apr 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    With best wishes from Mr Freud? Frauenfussball Schweden reports that Anja Mittag is joining Malmö, after a number of very successful years with Potsdamn [sic]. Like. :cool:

2. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
  3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Micol, I am not melting with the subject of the post, but shouldn't the thread become Frauen-Bundesliga Follies 2012? :p

4. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Considering that it was April until we got the new thread started last time, there is no hurry. :p And I can't think of another clever word with "F" to match "Frauen-Bundesliga", so I need someone's help in opening it anyway. :cool:

5. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do they eat Flapjacks? Is Foreboding unlucky? Are they prone to Fiestas on good days? The league just seems like it's full of Fahrvergnugen.

6. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    I like "Fiesta".
    Not sure this picture fits that name though:
    Potsdam cooling off after a morning run during their traditional January training camp on a beach of the German part of the Baltic Sea.

[​IMG]

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I propose Frauen Bundesliga Free-for-all Fun Festival 2012 :p

8. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Aw, and I was looking forward to frolicking. :(

9. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Oh, by no means would I prevent you from frolicking, dear.

(And now I've got confirmation how to spell it I may even call the new thread that. :cool:)

10. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    They're not melting either; in fact they look quite at home in the icy waters. Gee, is it because they're really unfeeling robots? (trying to start a baseless rumor)

How about '2012: Frigid Frauen Frolicking'?

11. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
  12. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Per my twitter stalking: Katie Bethke formerly of the ATL Beat will play w/ Bayer Leverkusen.

13. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    No one in Germany seems to have found out yet. :p Interesting though - looks like Leverkusen haven't given themselves up quite yet after all, if they bring in a player from the US for support.

14. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Bayern Munichs women BL team also signs two US girls: Sarah Hagen (FC Milwaukee, U23-US-NT) and Niki Cross (former clubs: Boston Breakers, Umea FF, Medkila IL) get half years contracts.

Kicker.de article (German)

15. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    As will, according to this article, Australian midfielder Sally Shipard, once she has played the W-League finals with Canberra. The article calls Leverkusen a "German powerhouse" - note that we are talking about the club which has brought home three whole points so far this season. :rolleyes: