Frauen-Bundesliga Follies 2011

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Micol, Apr 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Plenty of good stuff coming up live on DFB-TV:

Sunday 27 Nov, 2pm CET: Potsdam-Duisburg

Sunday 4 Dec, 1pm CET: Frankfurt-Potsdam (DFB cup match)

Saturday 10 Dec, 2pm CET: Duisburg -Frankfurt

2. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Oh, goodness. Pohlers scored against her old club, and Frankfurt lost 0-1 to Wolfsburg. :rolleyes: That's the 3rd goalless loss in the league in a row.

3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    :p That's called a real crisis, in my books.

I only follow Bundesliga for japanese players, like Kumagai, Nagasato and Ando, but I am really impressed by the way Frankfurt seems to be crumbling to pieces... the team is chock-full of great international players, and it doesn't really seem the same one that was easily winning match after match at the beginning of the season...

And don't tell me it's Crngorcevic injury, 'cause it can't explain anything for sure...

4. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Ah, I beg to differ - they were just lucky at the beginning of the season, or playing weaker clubs, or both. We haven't really seen very many good matches from them this season. One, or one and a half, maybe.

No, indeed. She wasn't even a regular starter.

(Potsdam 2-0 up against Duisburg at half time. Bresonik scored an own goal, and missed a penalty one minute later. :rolleyes:)

5. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, now the championship is basically decided, how boring. :(

6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Kozue Ando would want to have a word with you! :D

(2-2 at the moment, with Ando scoring first goal for Duisburg and preparing the second one with an header hitting the crossbar, before Popp scores for good).

7. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    And then scored the 2-3 winning goal in the very last minute. :p

8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I guess the Duisburg seen today can easily make consecutive losses for Frankfurt become 4 in two weeks, when they'll have to meet... :p

9. welshfan

welshfan Member

Dec 4, 2005
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great come back. The match was pleasant to watch.
    Liked the little fight between Laudehr and Peter :D

10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lol, it wasn't so "little". If referee wouldn't had put a stop to this with a yellow card I bet it would have easily degenerated... :D

By the way, although that action probably wasn't a foul, i can understand Laudeher's feeling: she played a great match, but she had countless fouls committed on her... :p

11. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nice, what a beautiful comeback! :)
    That's how I want to see my league. :cool:

12. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    The full-game replay is http://tv.dfb.de/index.php?view=3962 of which I watched almost 30 minutes and since then I am denied access. Is this geo-blocked as they say?

13. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Looks like Simone extracted full revenge in the 90th minute....... just walked around Babett to make that cross.

14. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Frankfurt lost 0-1 to Wolfsburg. In the press conference afterwards the Frankfurt coach was asked why he didn't sub in Landström. Someone who was there reported that he said everyone else was better than her at the moment. Whereupon she walked out.

Remains to be seen who really walks out/gets walked out next... might well be the coach. :rolleyes:

15. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Potsdam, Duisburg, Duisburg, Potsdam... yes yes that's all very nice but, as they say, revenons à nos moutons.

Ha... hahahaha! Oh, Conny, you little rascal you. Was it a good goal, or just her usual? Heeheehee. At least it (probably) didn't come at Thunebro's expense. Is there footage?

Walked out... of the post-game press conference? Of your and all other Frankfurt fans' affections? Details, details please!

16. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    No, I don't think there is footage, unfortunately. Everyone was focusing on Potsdam-Duisburg instead (although I happened to catch a few Jena minutes on TV last night, and I'm still hoping for an Essen-Freiburg clip).

The Wolfsburg goal couldn't have come at Thunebro's expense, because Thunis didn't see any playing time. Apparently, it was Krieger who underestimated a long ball, then Angerer tried to save and kindly managed an assist for Pohlers instead.

Apart from that, the usual: Frankfurt didn't manage to create any decent chances. To the point that their manager is now talking to Birgit Prinz again. She's off to New Zealand on holiday at the moment, but apparently she hasn't entirely closed the door on her old club.

I wish I had more details! Hearsay has it that when the coach openly criticised her in front of the press, she put down her glass and left the room.

As for affection, I don't know about other Frankfurt fans, but she never really had mine in the first place... Fooling around too much in warm-up practice, and too clumsy on the field.

17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, anyway there must be something really wrong if, with Crngorcevic injured and the team apparently unable to score in any way, Landström doesn't find any place and the coach says that everyone would be better than her! :eek:

I mean, this is very close to kicking Landström out of the team. And I hope for the coach that he has the approval of the club in doing that, because sweden forward had to be quite an investement for the club last year.

I am not saying the coach is wrong at all, but you have any clue about how the situation came to that? Is it possible that just some laziness in training sessions determines a so deep fracture or is there something more that we don't know? Come on, Micol, give us some gossip about reckless Landström's nights in Frankfurt! :D

Anyway, I am relieved that the goal apparently wasn't Kumagai's fault. It's probably enough of a pressure playing in a team that lost last 3 matches, without having to worry about your own mistakes (by the way, doesn't Champions' League's PSG-Frankfurt makes it 4 consecutive losses, although they scored and they passed the turn anyway?)

18. thinkpunk

thinkpunk New Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I think if it was anybody other than Landström, the coach would be in serious trouble. Since it's her, people seem to agree it doesn't matter and are happily discussing the Prinz ridiculousness.
    I for one am amazed that this guy (still) has a coaching job. Nobody would dispute that Landström has serious problems with soccer as it's played around her for the past couple of years. But you don't say that in public with her in attendance! If you're the coach and she's too bad for the roster, don't put her in. I'm sure there are promising teenaged forwards in FFC's second team (hahaha) to replace her. That's why you pay for those lower league teams after all. As far as I know Landström hasn't complained publicly about not playing. That means she doesn't deserve the public humiliation either. Will be interesting how she reacts, fight or flight.

Anyway, I'm just happy Linda Bresonik managed to pull herself out of the mess she dug herself into by her own pretty hair. What a nice game to watch. One thing going right woso-wise this week.

19. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Ms Bresonik definitely had a "game in two halves". What a turnaround from 1st half calamity.

20. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Prinz looks so relaxed and happy these days. I do hope she doesn't come back to Frankfurt as a player. She can only lose.

[​IMG]

Irrespective of whether she comes back or not, Frankfurt are looking for a forward who is eligible to play in the CL this season (ie hasn't played for a different club). Any suggestions?

21. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    It says in "Culture Shock: Sweden" that Swedes are very polite and have trouble understanding when others are purposefully not polite. For instance, it does not work to try to intimidate/impress a Swede by making her wait, because if you are late to your appointment with her, she will just assume that you have either had an emergency, or have been badly raised, and five minutes after you were supposed to meet, she will simply wander off and leave you to try to explain yourself later. At the same time, Swedes have a positive horror of anyone being embarrassed.

Carrying this to the absurd, I can imagine Landström during the press conference thinking "Coach must not realize I'm still in the room, I had better make as quiet an exit as I can so that he can continue to insult me and not be so ashamed of himself later."

Actually physically clumsy, or 'clumsy' as in 'not with the program/doesn't play well with others'?

22. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Well that was nice of her. After all, they had been teammates waaaaay back in the Baaaaad Old Days, before the Great Turbine Meltdown... chuckle, chuckle, oh dear, oh dear, those are the worst, she must have been absolutely furious, with herself and Krieger too. glad it wasn't Thunis' fault.

23. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    A combination of both (the few times I've seen her). I kept thinking that if she wasn't so tall she could be moving faster, more nimbly. But Garefrekes is tall too, and she's nimble enough. (Which doesn't mean that she currently scores, of course.)

24. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    And last season too. :p

25. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    For a change, to give you an idea of what 2nd Frauen-Bundesliga looks like: highlights of Duisburg II vs Meppen. Note that Duisburg's lady in red is not really a goalie, she just had to step in because all the goalies were either injured or not available.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlAMb-IG_WU&feature=youtu.be

(Meppen is now 7th, Duisburg II 11th in the ranking.)