Frauen-Bundesliga Follies 2011

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Micol, Apr 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Wow on the coach! Sounds frustrated.... I can hardly believe he said all that on TV.

If that's the little Laura you have been going on about......well yes that was a great PK save.....and she is hottie Ok...... is she German or she plays for some country?

2. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    :D Laura Benkarth is on the German U-20 team, so here's hoping that we'll see her at the U-20 WWC next year. She missed this year's U-19 Euros due to injury. I should definitely stop calling her little now. (Although she isn't the tallest, which is one of very few reasons why I didn't put her name forward when someone asked about potential Angerer successors the other day.)

3. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Thanks for the the highlights and congrats to Freiburg for taking it to big ol' mean Frankfurt; winning after saving a penalty kick is always cool, and it looked like Thunebro did her best, so that's good. And even that blonde labrador in the far stands was excited when the home team scored, what fun. What's Landström up to these days, when she's not busy adjusting her shorts, or menacing her teammates?

4. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You could hear him shouting really loud even long before they conceded the goal. He was really, really, really frustated.
    Let's hope the "donnerwetter" he will unleash against his players will help them to perform better against Potsdam next week. ;)

5. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Yes, that is a very good question. Yesterday, she was kicking the ball around a bit at half time with Ali Krieger. Which is definitely progress over Wednesday, when the other subs were kicking the ball around at half time and Landis was taking a bit of a walk over the field and having a chat. But it was colder yesterday, and the benches in Freiburg are less well shielded than in Frankfurt, so she probably needed the exercise to stay warm.

6. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Wow. That sounds like money well spent! Surely there are plenty of cheaper Swedes who could be lured to Frankfurt just to prance about on a sideline.

7. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Ah, but they might not smile as happily as they watched the others work.

In the meantime, here are yesterday's Bayern-Potsdam highlights.

Dear Frankfurt, be prepared. :rolleyes: (It's the first big match next Sunday 13 Nov: Frankfurt-Potsdam, live on DFB-TV at 2pm CET.)

(Is it true that Genoveva Anonma was already playing for the national team at 13?)

8. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    The Bayern keeper allows some basic lessons at dealing with near-post balls - all of the goals were near-posters.

9. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Highlights Jena-Leipzig.
    Jena have still scored only two goals in the entire season.
    On the Leipzig side, three players were out for disciplinary reasons; no details given.

10. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
  11. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Commentators and stadium announcers may heave secret sighs of relief, but bad news for Frankfurt and Switzerland: Having had to be stretchered off in yesterday's PSG match, Ana Maria Crnogorcevic is out for the rest of the year with a shoulder injury, including two torn ligaments. :(

(Landis: this is your chance. :rolleyes:)

12. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I feel sorry for Ana, she is a good player and a pretty girl as well.:p

13. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    She generally faffs around, falls ever-so-dramatically, and gets caught offisde. I look forward to the future, toward the promise that everybody keeps saying will manifest itself. As it is now, I mostly just want to smack her upright.

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    After hearing this news, Frankfurt should say goodnight to hopes of winning the domestic league this season. The teams lack of mobility with Landstrom up front is just sad. Even with the talents of Bajramaj I don't see them having the fire power to get past Potsdam this season.

I'm very interested to see how Frankfurt line up for the game versus Potsdam now. The attack fell apart once Crnogorcevic left the field versus PSG, while the midfield was out hustled by Freiburg only a week ago too.

How far away is Kulig from taking the field again? She's a huge miss for her club right now.

15. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Wait, you thought Crnogorcevic would be playing a key role in that win? :eek: Then they were lost from the start.

She is in rehab. I guess she hopes to be back for the second half of the season.

The crazy thing about Kulig is that everyone says that she is badly missed on the field, when she has yet to play her first minute for her new team. That probably says a lot about Frankfurt's strength too. :rolleyes:

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    She still lacks the finishing ability of a true world class forward, but her mobility with and without the ball, and her awareness of bringing team mates around her into the play, helps the Frankfurt attack flow better.

This is just an opinion based with the little I have seen any way.

You can tell the teams mid-field was meant to run directly through what she provides. Without Kulig, the center mid positions have been used as a revolving door for players, to the point some of the teams best assist based attackers like Marozsan, Garefrekes, and Behringer, have been playing or played as deep lying mids :eek:.

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  18. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Frankfurt lost to Potsdam 0-2 today, and by all accounts it was deserved.

At half time, Silke Rottenberg drew the fixtures for the next round of the DFB cup. Frankfurt and Potsdam will be playing each other again in very few weeks.

This is how Yuki Nagasato comments that draw on Twitter - I can't possibly post the translation here, you'll have to go and GoogleTranslate yourself.

:p

19. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "Frankfurt and ********able in the quarterfinals Pokal again soon. Sounds nice."
    [​IMG]

20. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    2. BL update

North:
    SV Meppen 1912 - Turbine Potsdam II 0:5
    FSV Gütersloh 2009 - Magdeburger FFC 5:1
    Herforder SV B. Friedenstal - Mellendorfer TV 9:0
    1. FC Lübars - FFC Oldesloe 1:0
    Werder Bremen - BV Cloppenburg 1:1
    FCR 2001 Duisburg II - FF USV Jena II 0:0

1. Turbine Potsdam II 22
    -------------------------------
    2. BV Cloppenburg 20
    3. Herforder SV 19
    4. FSV Gütersloh 19
    5. Werder Bremen 14
    6. 1. FC Lübars 14
    7. SV Meppen 10
    8. FF USV Jena II 9
    9. Magdeburger FFC 8
    10. FCR Duisburg II 6
    11. FFC Oldesloe 6
    12. Mellendorfer SV 4

South:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach - Bayern München II 3:0
    1. FC Köln - 1. FFC Frankfurt II 1:1
    ETSV Würzburg - FV Löchgau 6:2
    1899 Hoffenheim - VfL Sindelfingen 1:3
    1. FC Saarbrücken - SC Bad Neuenahr II 0:0
    TSV Crailsheim - 1. FFC 08 Niederkirchen 2:2

1. VfL Sindelfingen 25
    2. 1899 Hoffenheim 22
    3. TSV Crailsheim 14
    4. 1. FC Köln 14
    5. Borussia M'Gladbach 13
    6. Bayern München II 12
    7. 1. FFC Frankfurt II 11
    8. SC Bad Neuenahr II 11
    9. 1. FFC 08 Niederkirchen 9
    10. 1. FC Saarbrücken 8
    11. ETSV Würzburg 7
    12. FV Löchgau 4

21. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *slow claps*

That's greatness. LOL

22. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Kim Kulig tweets that she needed another small surgery, which went well. "From now on it's all uphill", she says - lucky for her that this doesn't mean the same in German as in English. :rolleyes: But will she be ready in February, when the league starts again? I have my doubts...

23. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Sarholz expects to be back in the Potsdam goal at the start of the second half of the season. She is full of praise for Alyssa Naeher though, saying that she's a world class goalie and a very nice person.

Vidarsdottir hasn't arrived in Potsdam yet.