Frauen-Bundesliga Fever 2012

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Micol, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lol, poor girl! :D From which part of Australia does she come? Anyway, I guess she didn't ever experience our current "siberian" winter.
    I mean, it's very cold, with snow and everything, here, and I am talking northern Italy. I don't dare to imagine how does it feel in Germany right now... Brrrrrrrrrrr...

Edit: oh, by the way, thanks for the german lesson of the day, Micol. You know I appreciate. ^__^

2. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    why, if it's german lessons you want the old doctor can help you out..

Du kannst nicht treu sein
    Nein, nein, das kannst du nicht
    Wenn auch dein Mund mir
    Wahre...

c'mon, everybody sing!

3. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    ... Liebe verspricht! /sings

:eek: Anyway...

Leipzig have signed Katie Kelly from FC Indiana (she's also played for Kristianstad in the past).

Hannah Bromley is leaving Herford to return to New Zealand.

Anja Barwinsky from the Virginia Beach Piranhas already joined Gütersloh during the first half of the season.

4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Are you all aware that Ali Krieger underwent surgery for her ACL injury two days ago?

There is a thread about it in the USA Women National Team forum.

5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Any live Frauen-Bundesliga match today? :confused:

6. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Nope. The league isn't starting again until 26 February. Before then, there are just a few matches which had to be cancelled last year due to the weather, but they won't be streamed.

The next few matches on DFB-TV:
    Sunday 26 February, 11am CET: Frankfurt-Leipzig
    Sunday 11 March, 2pm CET: Leverkusen-Duisburg
    Sunday 18 March, 2pm CET: Potsdam-Wolfsburg
    Sunday 25 March, 2pm CET: Wolfsburg-Duisburg

7. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    and i would think those likely to be wiedercancelled. at least the players are hoping so, fields are frozen solid all over europe.

8. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    That may well be the case. They're all playing a few training matches at the moment (Frankfurt-Stabaek, for one, on Wednesday), but mostly on artificial turf.

Two more new players to Leipzig: New Zealand international Anna Green and ex Sky Blue player Jenista Clark.

9. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
  10. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    what wendlinger says about becoming "perdue de vue" for the EdF is understandable and not necessarily, or at least completely, due to hard feelings: the fact is that while men who go to chelsea or barça are as visible to an NT coach as if they were in paris, a woman going to fribourg really becomes invisible.

the club where she played in alsace, vendenheim, was promoted to D1 this year and though there not yet assured of staying up they're one that most people here are hoping will pull through: they seem to be cooperating quite well with the local men's club RC strasbourg and two weeks from now will play their second curtain-raiser match in le meinau stadium; the first one against OL drew 9000 fans.

11. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    ... towards the end of the match when people were flocking in for the men's match, which came next. ;)

12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    largely but not entirely true; the fact it was a lever de rideau was the main reason for the crowd. apparently there were already 3000 there for the ladies' kickoff, and when you look at RCS's average attendances one can think that at least that many came specifically or partially to see...well, OL i guess.

i'm all wet about the date of the second match in le meinau, it was held 21 JANUARY... and indeed "only" 600 fans (out of 5000) stayed to watch vendenhein against montpellier after the RCS match... a strategic error.

13. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    :D

I was there for the OL match. One of the reasons for the (even 3,000-strong) crowd was that it was a whole football day on a nice summer weekend, with kids football events etc, so the women's match was just one of the attractions.

14. Titan

Titan Member

Jul 30, 2001
    ACC country
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now THAT would be interesting to see those Brits on the team. Not likely, but still interesting to think about. :)

15. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I would think if Franckfurt offers Alex and Kelly a nice appartment and a good deal why not because the WSL is hampered by a salary cap and a maximum of 4 players to be paid between 20 000 and 30 000 £ a year.

16. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    And Brett Maron is leaving Potsdam again. She's afraid that she wouldn't get enough playing time in this new constellation, so she's asked to be released from her contract. She's hoping to go to Iceland instead (she's played for Fram Rejkjavik before).

17. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Frankfurt-Stabaek training match today, 2-1.

18. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    she's been to iceland? and is hoping to go back? keep all sharp objects away from this young lady, het meisje is niet goed snik.

19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, in all this dance of Potsdam's GK, I really hope Naeher doesn't get injured somehow... Not only for her, poor girl (crossing all of my fingers for nothing of the kind to happen), but also because... well, then, who'd go to Iceland to kidnap Maron (only way to bring her back in that case)?

20. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    The Leipzig team sent a letter to their management last week complaining that their salaries were late, and many of them didn't show up for practice last Friday. So now the three players who are said to have organised the protest have been banned from the A team and sent to the reserve for now: Anne van Bonn (who joined Leipzig from Duisburg only last summer, was captain for a short while and then demoted when the coach, said to be her girlfriend, was fired), Safi Nyembo (recently back from a lengthy injury but normally one of the team's most important players), and Jobina Lahr (joined last summer from Hamburg).
    (Article)

21. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Duisburg might actually have a few players next season after all: Ali Riley and Rebecca Moros (formerly with New York Flash) are there on trial.

22. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    any freiburg fans able to tell us just how good marina makanza who has been picked by bini to go to the cyprus tournament is? judging by her picture she's bad to the bone and that would be a good thing.

23. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    :p Not quite as bad as her picture suggests, I would say.

I'm happy for her - but also a bit surprised. She hasn't been a regular starter for Freiburg, and it's not as if a sigh of relief and hope goes through the stands when she does come on. She creates chances, but she also misses them, and I don't think she's very fast. But maybe under national team scrutiny she will be able to step up her game?

I'm also happy that playing abroad (even if just across the border) doesn't have to be a dead end for French players any longer (in contrast to the earlier experience which Stéphanie Wendlinger reported in an interview a few weeks ago).

When I read that she had been called up, I wondered for a moment "if you've got Lotta to score goals, why would you call up Makanza". Ahem. :eek: I feel only very little ashamed though, because this probably does say something about French football and national team selection. :p

24. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    she was playing in france until 2010 and did well in the U-20 WC so she's evidently still fresh in the minds of the fed; it's we fans (well, me) who be ignorant: since she's on the list of players selected as a midfielder (and with a little suggestion from that coiffure that makes grace jones look like little bo peep) we were hoping she'd be apt to fill our real need: a n°6 to spell grandmama when she gets into her robe and slippers and puts on the kettle at HT.

as for lotta, who needs lotta when you have eugénie le sommer? (of course having both is nice!)

25. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008