Frauen-Bundesliga Fever 2012

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Micol, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Who's the unfortunate 13-year old from Hamburg wearing #25 whose 3 PK's are all saved? :(

2. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Hmmm I find Popp to be the most incredible athlete, but also Wensing is a great DF, future international star.

3. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    She's 22-year-old Aylin Yaren, who has just joined them from a 2nd league team. What a start with your new club. :rolleyes: Some of you here will actually remember her from her stint in Damallsvenskan (Malmö?), and she played for Tennis Borussia Berlin when they were still in Frauen-Bundesliga. She has also played in the German U17 national team and in the Turkish U19. She played Recently, she's gained fame as a freestyler instead, she got quite some mileage out of that during the WWC hype in Germany, and the clip below also shows her on Turkish TV.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy5fxYuSesE"]Watch her here[/ame]

4. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Interview with Bayern's new US girl, Niki Cross (in German).

Looking back at all the places she's been so far, she particularly liked the relaxed lifestyle in Australia. Hmmm... remains to be seen how she'll like the Bavarians then. :cool:

But, according the article, her motto is "go confidential into the unknown" [sic], so I guess nothing can go wrong. :p

5. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Good news for Frankfurt: Sandra Smisek (34) has signed for another year, until summer 2013.

6. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Here's a rumour, which may be totally unfounded: I read somewhere that Duisburg had contacted Japanese U19 players Mai Kyokawa, Kumi Yokoyama and Yoko Tanaga, as well as Australian Lisa de Vanna and US player Kelley O'Hara. Does any of that sound plausible? :confused:

7. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Not a rumour but an article from a local newspaper: Herford's young goalie Friederike Abt, German U17 international last year and currently in the U19 squad, is out with an ACL injury and another couple of damaged ligaments in her knee. :mad:

8. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Not up on the Japanese kiddies, but De Vanna is not entirely unfathomable. Is she doesn't go in the German transfer round, I'd have hopes of Sweden.

9. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Maybe, but the first and third (and she is very good) have just signed with Sawa's team INAC, the video was on the Nadeshiko forum yesterday. I do remember Yokayama had some foreign interest but forget the details (it may have been one of the French teams) - and that was only a rumor in itself. I dont think they like the kids to skip school in Japan, but then again the high schools are probably better than most elsewhere.

10. crog1967

crog1967 Member

May 5, 2009
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kelly O'Hara has signed with the WPS Atlanta team.

http://http://equalizersoccer.com/2012/01/05/atlanta-continues-overhaul-adds-ohara/

11. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Interesting development reported on fansoccer.de: Referee Anja Kunick is taking over as manager in Jena. She won't be refereeing in Frauen-Bundesliga anymore and is planning to end her referee career in 2012.

More news from Jena: Fata Salkunic, who just joined them in the summer (after stints in Hamburg and Basel), is going home to Slovenia.

Goalie Tessa Rinkes, who already played for Jena until 2010 before she went first to Herford and then to Arna-Bjørnar, is coming back until the end of the season because two Jena goalies are currently injured (including Italian international Katja Schroffenegger, who played a great first half of the season).

And Sylvia Arnold is out for a number of weeks with a broken foot.

12. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Duisburg have tested young Dutch forward Lieke Martens and would like to sign her. Apparently she also has been contacted by English clubs, another Frauen-Bundesliga club and Olympique Lyonnais.

13. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Simone Laudehr has signed with Frankfurt for three years, as from the new season.

And Duisburg have indeed signed Lieke Martens.

14. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Potsdam are in the market for a goalie again: Sarholz has broken the same bone in her hand as before and is out. :mad:

15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wasn't american GK Alyssa Naeher actually playing quite well in Potsdam, lately? :confused:

16. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    She was, but she has gone back to the US to play in the WPS.

17. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dang. That's not good.

18. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Ex-MJ's Brett Maron may be an option.

19. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
  20. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
  21. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Another one? :confused: (Or maybe the Andonova sisters are heading back to Macedonia in the summer? Natasha hasn't seen much playing time on the 1st team this season.)

It's quite funny - German football boards like to have heated discussions about which club is the worst in buying up players from other clubs and not promoting their own junior players. Potsdam used to be very much the good guys, but that seems to be rapidly changing. :p (Although recruiting players from abroad tends to be considered slightly less objectionable than pinching them from your German competitors.)

22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    in fact I have to admit that I was wondering quite the same: if the Nagasato/Anonma duo is working so well, does Potsdam really need other first class forwards from abroad? :confused:

(I guess Smulan's question if Evans can play in the goal too was ironically pointing out the same: Potsdam currently needs a GK, not yet another FW ^__^)

23. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, if Potsdam hasn't officially singed Maron, looks like Naeher is available again. f^ck!nghell.

24. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Naeher tweets today: "Ughh, should have stayed in germany #liveandlearn"
    :rolleyes:

25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Didn't get exactly what happened... Naeher had signed for an US team and then she's been rejected? :confused: