Frank Yallop Career Deathwatch Thread

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by LocoGueroFutobolista, Oct 30, 2013.

1. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Salary cap aside, the Logan Pause substitution was us giving up on the win. I've always said this, I don't care if we win or lose on a particular day, I care how we play. I want us to always play for the win, up to the last minute. We didn't do that today and that's on Yallop. Secondly, if Mike Magee can make the bench then he should make the field, we could have used the league MVP today.

xtomx, loonixxx and bunge repped this.
  2. danimal60914

danimal60914 Member

May 15, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Yallop said postgame he only thought Magee had 10 minutes in him. Why not get 5 more minutes out of Rolfe and then put in Magee?

3. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Unfortunately this goes without saying.

4. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Because what he said was bullshit?

5. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    By benching Magee to prove the point that Magee is not greater than the team, something that I am sure that Boss Magee already knows, FrankY displayed a belief that he is greater than the team. He is willing to tank games, cost us points, so that his image and "leadership" is intact. No wonder Dear Leader Dollar Menu loves him so much.

Benching a guy who is all about teamwork. smh.

6. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    I fear for this place on the day the Fire actually turn to youth and a full rebuild and have a DCU type season.

bunge repped this.
  7. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    You mean when we win the USOC and qualify for the CCL? I'll take one of them THIS season, please! :) Unfortunately, Magee is the only thing preventing us from having a CUSA 2013 season.

8. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Fixed. I think the "message" came from above. Frank made that decision in the same way that Lobring wrote that editorial . . . in my opinion. ;)

loonixxx, ratdog, xtomx and 1 other person repped this.
  9. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I wouldn't put it past Coach Andy to do that, but Yallop is the one who has the most to prove. He is replacing a hometown favorite, and has to deal with a fan favorite.
    Other than that, yeah, there are a lot of similarities b/w our coach and Owner/Coach.

10. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't know about that. Didn't seem "all about teamwork" when he was working things out away from the team.

11. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that phrase used the same way newspapers use the word "allegedly" after someone is caught red-handed?

12. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Read what he said last year. Read what others have said in the past about him. Dude is for the team, but dude also needs to take care of his family. He ain't no chumpy-chump when it comes down to the Benjamins, but he isn't a thief, either.
    He has a family and knows his value to the Club and City that he loves. Seriously, it is like you are using his love for both as a weapon against him: "If he REALLY loved Chicago, he'd play for league minimum!'

xtomx and Chris M. repped this.
  13. evilmonkeycmand

Jun 29, 2011
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In that same postgame, he also said Rolfe was cramping. He also referenced not wanting to put Magee in with 25; so maybe he tried stretching Rolfe? (Though that's unfortunate for what it means about Rolfe's fitness...)

14. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was only 15 minutes. If he thought Magee is only good for only 10 minutes, then he shouldn't of made the 18 man roster. Shipp should of been on it and he could of came on for Rolfe instead of Pause.

ChicagoFC (FireClub) repped this.
  15. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That's why it's bullsh1t. What contingency did he have in mind to even name him to the 18-man roster? Behind a goal and then, in an act of desperation, send him in during the final 10' to score 1 to get a point? Nah, the holdout that wasn't a holdout met the injury that wasn't an injury.
    scores: Chivas 3, Fire 2 and Yallop 1, Fire fans 0.

Pennsylvania Dave repped this.
  16. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    You mean with the USMNT?

What a bull crap statement.

And, even if was holding out (and he denies it, as does the tesm), he is Back.

17. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CCL or bust!

In related news, the shame on not winning that Open cup in 2011, then at least Andy could have the defense of claiming 1 Cup in his tenure.

18. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course not. I mean his "personal issues" that kept him away so long.

19. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    He had personal issues that kept him out of practice for a week. Big deal. It happens to everyone. The fact that he does not say what the personal issues were is fine. It is none of our damn business.

He is Mike Magee. He is just about the only thing holding the Fire together. If he needs to take a week or so off from training, after just returning from the USMNT, fine with me.

If he was "holding out" (and there is no evidence that he was), well, I have made me position on that pretty clear.

20. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, fine. Really, we don't completely disagree. I'd rather see Mike Magee hop around on one leg for 15 minutes than see Logan Pause on the field. I just don't really blame Yallop. I see why he didn't play Magee. That said, as a fan, I would have liked to see him on the field... but it's kind of sad that we ended up the season with Mike Magee as the savior, and we're starting the new season the same way.

I'd have thought our owner would have tried a little harder to make something happen. This is the busiest off-season I can remember trade-wise, and we pretty much did nothing. We're still utterly reliant on a single player to do everything.

If you'd told me ten years ago that this player was going to be Mike Magee, I would have laughed.

Off-topic, but it sure was weird seeing Bocanegra suited up for Chivas. I guess he got confused when someone told him to wear something red.

xtomx repped this.
  21. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    At the very least, Shipp would have continued the offensive flow, not immediately transitioned to bunker mode.

firefan2001 repped this.
  22. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    QUE??? Were you comatose in 2007 and 2008?

23. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two games in an Frank 2.0 showing no signs of improvement over Frank 1.0 in terms of game management. He does get kudos for playing the youngsters today but that's about it.

xtomx repped this.
  24. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Nyarko, Magee and Rolfe were all injured. It's hard to give kudos for that.

LocoGueroFutobolista repped this.
  25. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Is Magee injured?