Frank Klopas Career Deathwatch Thread

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Super Sting, May 9, 2010.

1. Khan

Khan Member+

Mar 16, 2000
    On the road
    Thanks. I'm sure you missed me.

I'm actually asking a direct question. I'm not being critical about Klopas in my previous post. I asked:

"As an aside, does anyone know how Frank put his coaching staff together? It kinda looks like he has two GK coaches, and then Matkovich."

In other words, despite years of failure as a TD, and then manager, in my previous post, I'm giving Klopas more benefit of the doubt than he has earned. That is, perhaps this team has underachieved because the coaching has been insufficient. That they have 2 coaches with GK experience, who are instructing 3 players. The other two coaches [Matkovich and Klopas] have the rest of the roster to coach, which may leave the rest of the roster with insufficient direction.

That is why I asked. Perhaps it isn't Klopas at fault as manager, but rather, he AND his coaching staff.

I've actually left this one alone. Go ahead and find the last time I've made mention of this, before this post.

That said, I maintain that it is a good thing to be educated and to be smart, particularly if you are charged with being a part of a company such as the FIRE. You are free to disagree, and that it is better to have less education and to be less intelligent, and I've already accepted that this is how you see things. We agree to disagree.

In either case, Klopas has not proven his critics wrong, either as a manager, or TD.

Thanks for agreeing. This is why I have opined that every exec should be fired, and replaced with better, smarter people. It shouldn't "just" be the coaching staff on the chopping block. Fire ALL of them in the FO, scouting, and coaching staffs. Hire a proper President, and let that person go to work.

IMO, we shouldn't be celebrating, just because the FIRE won Mediocrity Cup 2013 against the revs, a club that isn't really trying.

2. Khan

Khan Member+

Mar 16, 2000
    On the road
    So CJ Brown [for example] would have been inordinately expensive?

[Notice how we keep going to RSL to see examples of what to do correctly as an organization?]

3. Jdgedwill

Jdgedwill Member+

Jun 15, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think there's anything to celebrate yet but I'm certain the Revs were trying, they are fighting for a playoff spot as well.

4. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering the final score was 3-2, both teams were trying to win the game.

5. Khan

Khan Member+

Mar 16, 2000
    On the road
    No, I get that the players from both teams were trying. The revs organization, OTOH? Not so much, IMO.

The revs are Bob Kraft's tax write off, and nothing more. For as much as fans bitch about Andy's underwhelming commitment with his wife's money, Bob Kraft commits even less. That's why I stated that the revs haven't even been trying, and probably so since before the turn of the milennium.

6. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Columbus has won three out four games since firing their coach, maybe it would work for us also.:D

7. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It creates a temporary pop in performance as players become insecure in their jobs but it's never along term solution to the true problems within the team.

Tonight's game is on Andy for refusing to pay money for a real starting caliber CB, instead taking that loser Soumare because he is basically free.

LocoGueroFutobolista repped this.
  8. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well we would make the playoffs, that's all the matters....;)

9. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a mighty big assumption. :(

10. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If win 3 of our last five games (48 pts), we would make the playoffs (at least a 80.0% chance).;)

11. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    Tonight is on Frank in my opinion (and I like the guy). Its as if he has no idea how to defend Oduro, despite having coached him.

On Baky's red card play, granted we had possession in the Columbus third, but when we lost possession 25-30 yards out from the Columbus goal, and the ball is played long first time, Baky is the only Chicago player behind the half way line, and him just by maybe 5 yards or so. Its Oduro. He's a one trick pony. Keep men between him and goal and he'll never score. You'll dispossess him 99% of the time. Who cares if he wins the first ball. He has no on the ball skill.

Why the hell were we playing a suicidal high line (and not for the first or last time on that play) against probably the fastest player in MLS? Against a team who's main tactic has been to play long balls to said player?

12. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

Never assume. Because you make an ASS out of U and ME.

13. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. ;)

14. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our coaches know about Oduro and our players have all played against Oduro before BECAUSE HE WAS ON OUR TEAM LAST YEAR. Everyone on our team should know how to defend Oduro now.

Even with that knowledge, Soumare's foul was STUPID precisely because if he'd let Oduro go, the overwhelming probability is Dominic puts the ball in row Z from that angle. Soumare didn't even try going for the ball. He got beat fair and square and chose to foul. He deserved his red call because HE SUCKS. Done and done.

Soumare should be done in MLS.

15. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know why I'm even arguing with you, there is NO way will win 3/5 our last games.

On to the next "must win".....

16. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It wasn't Oduro, that Soumare took down, it was Arrieta.

17. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Point noted.

In that case, it was an even more stupid play because Arrieta isn't as fast as Oduro.

Either way, Soumare proved once again why he has no place as a starting MLS CB.

18. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've gone from being masters of our own fate to being at the mercy of others. And given our performance over the last month there is absolutely no reason to be cocksure that we'll win ANY of our remaining games - even the Toronto game.

I hate to jump on the much-ridiculed "must win" train but they really are "must win". We'll they're "must win" if we want to make the playoffs where we'll get bounced in the first round. If we're like Andy Hauptmann and we don't care about winning, then these game are not at all "must win" games.

19. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    You don't like Frank Klopas, point taken.

By the way, I don't disagree that we can do better at technical director. It is your attitude that bothers people, your singleminded, blind hatred of Frank Klopas, which is disproportionate to any sense of rationality.

bunge and snkscore repped this.
  20. Khan

Khan Member+

Mar 16, 2000
    On the road
    Incorrect. There is a vast gulf between what is fair critique of someone who has his many defenders, and "not liking" Frank Klopas. Factually speaking, Frank Klopas hasn't been successful as TD or manager.

Once again, thanks for agreeing with me. Now, we need fans and Andy to accept that this FO is pure shyte, and that every exec needs to be fired. And every member of the scouting and coaching staffs. Then, go hire a smart President, and let that person go to work un-fvkcing this organization that is sliding towards irrelevance.

Yes, I'll get to work on the popularity, right after Andy gets his head and ass wired together to fix this fvkcing team.

No, there's no "hatred" for Frank Klopas. I have been advocating for a wholesale housecleaning of the FO, the scouting staff, and the coaching staff. I may have to include a housecleaning in the youth programs as well, but I don't follow them as closely.

What I DO hate is the fact that Frank Klopas was unqualified to be TD, and he was unqualified to be manager, and yet, an unqualified person as manager remains in the role, while utterly failing. Frank as manager is only ONE symptom of many that suggests that this club is actively trying to kill itself.

Fvkc, if Andy hired anyone else that was both unqualified AND failing in the job, I would call for that person to be fired as well. If he dug up the corpse of John Belushi, and hired him to manage the team, and the corpse of John Belushi failed because he was unqualified, I would be critical of the hire and of his continued employment. In other words, my critique has exactly NOTHING to do with Frank as it does with his lack of qualifications, and his lack of positive outcomes.

Don't be so blind in polesmoking Frank. Just because someone criticizes him, doesn't mean that that person "hates" him.

21. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    You consistently get this backwards. You hire a leader first and then let that leader decide who stays and who goes. Clearing house like you say would be a franchise ending disaster in Chicago.

22. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Arne for technical director!

xtomx and loonixxx repped this.
  23. Khan

Khan Member+

Mar 16, 2000
    On the road
    #1073 Khan, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
    That's exactly what I have been saying all along: Hire a smart President, then let that person get to work.

But to try to get a new President to un-fvkc this club with Khosla and Javier and all the other absent assclowns that have actively fvkced up this club is moronic. So:

1. Fire all their asses [Javier, Khosla, the entire scouting staff, the entire coaching staff].
    2. HIRE a smart President, so that (s)he has full authority.
    3. Let that person get to work.

But if you keep incompetent boobs around, you basically cut a new President's degree of authority, and you breed weakness into your FO, when it needs a full fvkcing overhaul.

This is where you're wrong. If you want to keep the ticketing people around, cool.

But the "editorial," the failures on the pitch, the wasted money on shyte players point to failures in pretty much every area of the FO. The lack of development in what was formerly boasted as being the largest youth network in MLS is another failure. And we could go on and on and on and on.

Since you're apparently a big fan of: Javier Leon, Atul Khosla, Guillermo Petrei, and Dan Lobring, why don't you regale us with all the wonderful things these gems have done to make this team successful, respected, and respectful of their clients? How about the eagle eye of head scout Rafael Carmona? And all the Academy staff?

After all, in your world, we can't afford to lose such champions of business, communication, and soccer. Hell, according to your view, if Andy doesn't increase their wages, we might lose these key people to bigger clubs, right?

24. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Are you really going to try and put words in my worth like that? It's the worst form of propaganda and makes you a lying ********. Don't do it. Or if you insist, go ******** yourself.

25. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Where has he ever said or intimated that he is a fan of these guys? You're making shit up.

Chris M., SixKick, xtomx and 2 others repped this.