Fox Sports OH

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Crew Chuck35, Jan 5, 2012.

1. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure where else to put this, but if you're considering signing up for MLS Live and haven't already use code 2012TICKET15 and it saves you $10. Brings it down to $50 for the year. Better than nothing, I suppose.

2. CBusCrew12

CBusCrew12 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, apparently FSN Ohio (NEO) is blacked out while the other FSN Ohio (Cin/Col) isn't? WTH?

3. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some ideas:
    1) Reset your box
    2) Check alternate channels

4. Crew Chuck35

Crew Chuck35 Member+

Apr 13, 2009
    Gahanna, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was extremely unimpressed with the Colorado broadcast. However, today was awesome to watch the game. Production value increased by %200 (roughly).

5. crew2112

crew2112 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Dayton, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    What? You didn't care for the green glow eminating from around Dwight and Duncan's heads? The colorado game was a very cheap production. Today was much better. It seems most teams are now keeping the away announcers in studio. And now they do't even try to hide it. I've seen, through direct kick, alot of in studio hosts then call the game off the monitor.

6. CBusCrew12

CBusCrew12 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't reset my box, but I did try the DK HD channel and that was also blocked. I'm positive it worked for the last game, so it's probably the box.

7. C-Bus20

C-Bus20 Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt it's your box because it happened to me too on my direct tv reciever.

8. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What I want to know is how many studio hosts call the away games from 2+ hours away. Would it really be that hard to rent a studio (WTTE?) in Columbus somewhere for two hours? I'm guessing that between travel, prep, and show time, you're talking about 7-8 hours or so for Dwight and Duncan to call away games.

With that said, Dante calls Dallas matches, yet still lives in Columbus when he isn't working. Wouldn't it be interesting if he remained in Columbus to call games, while his partner called from wherever?

9. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In order to protect the local broadcast rights, yada yada yada, matches seen on local/regional TV are blacked out on Direct Kick. (At least that's how it works on MatchDay Live.)

10. CBusCrew12

CBusCrew12 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't really care about the DK channel being blacked out. I care about having my HD FSN Ohio channel blacked out for Crew games. Why would my local FSN Ohio (Cleveland) be blacked out but not the non-HD FSN Ohio (Cincinnati)?

11. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let it be known that Peter supports broadcasters calling games via skype or facetime ;)

12. Sirk

Sirk Member+

Apr 25, 1999
    Cleveland, OH
    Who's your cable provider? I will let FSO know. What's weird is I know people in Cleveland who watched the game....sounds like a weird cable provider issue.

13. CBusCrew12

CBusCrew12 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have DirecTV.