FOX Soccer Channel Stupidity Thread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by MasterShake29, Sep 5, 2009.

1. psyer

psyer Member

Aug 11, 2011
    But that is what Real Madrid fans call him. :p

2. Beast_Ed

Beast_Ed Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Boston MetroWest
    To the Fox Executives who are reading this thread, I want you to know that I muted the game because I cannot take Gus Johnson anymore. I have no idea what he said, thankfully.

2 thoughts:

How much more do I have to pay to get the world feed audio?

I am now confident the Fox Soccer exec's are not soccer fans or players. This is the only explanation for ruining big global games.

3. shanks909

shanks909 Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Enjoyed the game here with itv audio :)

Anyone else see Gary Linekers tweet during the match?
    American commentator on Fox 'at half- time it's still 1-1 in the series'

Wow!

cescfabregas and Cantona repped this.
  4. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Why didn't FOX call in Wynalda instead of Barton? This doesn't make any sense. A good analyst needs to be on hand to complement a guy like GuJo and HE IS NOT PRESENT!! :x

Good news - Ian Wright on hand for the big one this Sunday :)

5. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    in france we have a button on the remote for audio. it only works if you see VM* (version multiple) in the TV guide but for football matches it's almost always operative. for example, for schalke-bilbao you can opt for french, german or spanish, which gives you three chances to find the least gruesome commentary. even more useful for shaktar or fener matches : if you can’t understand a word they’re saying it doesn’t matter how stupid the analysts are.

but I wish they’d take it a step further and offer a NO commentary option. just the crowd noise. I watched a milan-inter derby during a RAI strike years ago like that and it was bliss.

* except on joint french/german channel arte where you'll always have at least a choice between french and german

6. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yep. I watched the ITV version in incredible quality. Sad that people think they have to accept the garbage that iis presented to us in this day and age.

cescfabregas repped this.
  7. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    There were three goal scorers and near as I can tell only one played for Pompey. What are you talking about here?

Thx,

Jay!

8. TJNash

TJNash Member

May 22, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fox could call in Jesus Christ to co-commentate, and your boy GuJo would still be atrocious.

9. TJNash

TJNash Member

May 22, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ray Hudson, broadcasting idiot savant, also refers to Ronaldo as Cristiano. So, instead of immersing himself in hours of old Ian Darke or Martin Tyler broadcasts, GuJo's prep involves pulling up Youtube clips of Hudson. And it shows.

cescfabregas and bigtw64 repped this.
  10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait, we're talking about the ManU-Real game right? Modric, Ronaldo and Ramos scored the goals. Which one of them ever played for Pompey?

11. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    I think he is referring to my prior post in regards to the Mian-Barca match.

12. TJNash

TJNash Member

May 22, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OP was referring to the commentator from the AC Milan-Barca a few weeks back. Since it was on the Sky feed, I'm not sure why OP has a problem with the reference.

13. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    I was even confused. I mixed up Krancjar as the dodgy Croat that played for Pompey and Spurs. And I think I saw him play for both live.

Thx,

Jay!

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotcha, thanks for clearing it up.

15. shanks909

shanks909 Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Regarding my post about Gary Lineker making fun of Gus Johnson....he must be over here in the states, otherwise he would have been watching itv in the UK. I wonder if perhaps he was in New York meeting with NBC about a role on their BPL team???
    I know he's probably under contract at the BBC for MOTD, but he also curently works the Champions League games for Aljazeera Sport from London studios.
    Just a thought.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe he was watching the game with Piers Morgan.

17. shanks909

shanks909 Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Just read in the Sun that he's on holiday in the Caribbean, so that pretty much knocks that on the head. NEVERMIND :)

18. Non-dairy Creamer

Feb 28, 2007
    yes I was, sorry for the confusion.

19. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Gus isn't that bad, I enjoy him tbh. Better than the annoying SKY Premfaces!

chrayatl and Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  20. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Says the beacon of judgement with a Stupid Mario avi!

MetroChile, cescfabregas and Cantona repped this.
  21. cescfabregas

cescfabregas Member

Oct 2, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sad? You think this is sad? It is now a felony to unlock your phone - where is the outrage? This is what we have become, mediocrity is the new norm. Look around - small, shallow minds.

Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself....Sir. A.C Doyle

22. TarheelJTK

TarheelJTK Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Jersey City
    Can anyone explain why FSC is using the Clash of Giants tag for all their matches lately? It made sense for Man Utd v Real or even Chlelsea v Utd in the FA Cup or the Champions League on general but Millwall v Blackburn is also getting that promo. In what world are either of those teams a giant? This is stupidity at the highest level.

23. sportingcp92

sportingcp92 New Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    They've also been showing the promo graphic during matches, where 40% of the screen is covered by clouds, lightening bolts, and other nonsense. They also play in the most inopportune times, hindering most, if not all, view of the ball and play. That being said, I don't really expect anything different than labeling Millwall v Blackburn and CONCACAF games as giants, when they use taglines such as "the game before the game" and "the game before the race."

24. colins1993

colins1993 Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Gus Johnson in a studio when he does a game or is he over there in a stadium?

25. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He is at game site...