Forum suggestion under USA Men

Discussion in 'Forum Requests and Voting' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Not so much a request, but just something for discussion I suppose.

The amount of discussion about noncitizens in the context of the U.S. national team (and youth programs) seems to be increasing and probably will continue to do so, but it really does seem out-of-place in national team forums since ultimately these players are not eligible.

Still, I can see why a U.S. fan might have cause to be interested in green card holders or others who are somewhere along the path to citizenship.

Might there be enough of this interest to warrant a forum? It could pull in threads and discussion from the MNT, YNT, MLS and YA forums and probably also create an opportunity for some useful stickies, FAQs, etc.

2. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Do you think it would have that much traffic though? It's worth thinking about I guess - we could have a thread for Kandji for example with all the details about his status, and updates as it progresses as well as discussing his performance in games, etc. Just not totally sure we have enough traffic for it.

3. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Well, I'm not sure to be honest. And I don't know what your requirements for starting subforums are. But it does seem like all the discussions of guys like Mwanga, Najar, Tchani, Kandji, Luna, etc., just don't fit in the YA or YNT forums somehow...

4. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    I vote for whatever Dave wants...he has put too much into this forum to be challenged :D

I bow to you mighty Dave!