Forum Rules/Guidelines - Please Read!!

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by La Trucha, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    So most of the posters who navigate through this forum have been here for awhile so I suspect you know the rules. But just in case you don't, or you're new to the forum then please read the following rules and guidelines:

Firstly, and most importantly, as members of this website you all have agreed to BigSoccer's Terms of Service, so please don't forget that (to view BigSoccer's Terms of Service please click here). The TOS sets out a general guideline as to what is expect from you as BigSoccer members so please try and follow it.

In the event of there being someone who breaks the forum rules, then there will be consequences. The nature of which will depend on what has been done, if it's a first time offence etc.

Generally this is how I'll deal with anyone who breaks the rules:

1. Deletion of posts/warning
    2. Formal warnings
    3. Infractions
    4. Yellow Card
    5. Red Card/Forum ban (this will prohibit you from posting in this section of BigSoccer).

Needless to say, in cases where rules are severely broken (e.g. racist comments etc.) offenders will be dealt with more stringently. That's to say, depending on how bad the comment is, offenders may directly get a yellow card or possibly even a red card. So to avoid this, please, just think before you type.

In short, just refrain from insulting/flaming/trolling/spamming and you'll be fine. But please remember that we all have different opinions, and although it's fine to discuss varying view points, it's not accepted when that discussion becomes a full scale argument that moves from one thread to the next. If that was to happen, then those at fault will receive a warning; if they fail to get back on topic, then they will receive infractions and the thread might even be closed (either permanently, or just until things cool down).

Now in case you ever feel like someone has broken the rules and would like to report them, you can do one of two things. You can either PM me, or you can use the 'Report Post' button located on the lower-left hand side of all posts (directly across from the "Quote" button). Now generally speaking, I will normally read all the new posts anyway, but that's not to say that one might not slip through; so to make sure you're concern is dealt with, please just do one of the two things I've listed above. Also, if you are in a forum outside of this one and spot an offensive post, please contact the moderator for that specific forum (moderators for specific forum can be found at the bottom of whichever forum/thread that you are in). If you don't get a reply or feel that you have not been taken seriously, then you can contact me and I'll see what I can do.

And secondly, the following are rules that although might not be worthy of an infraction, are still looked down upon:

1. Please refrain from going off-topic. There are many different threads in this forum so if you would like to discuss something please use the right one. If you would like to discuss something other than Salvadoran football/football in general, then please use the El Salvador NSR sub-forum (for a direct link to this sub-forum, please click here).

2. When posting articles please post a link to where you got it from.

2.5 Please do not post complete articles, even if you provide a link. A one line summary at the least is all that is needed; if you wish to post more, then post the relevant section of the article, but don't post it in it's entirety.

3. Do not open a thread just for the sake of opening it. Please look through the other threads first; if the information that you are looking to post relates to a thread that is already open, then post it there.

4. Please do not post rumors if you can not provide a valid link/source. That means if you heard something on the radio/TV, on the subway or through a friend and can't provide a link to where you got it from then don't post it. If you feel you have something worth posting but don't have a link, then PM me and we'll see if we can't work something out.

Well that's about it. If you have any other questions, comments or suggestions then please don’t hesitate to PM me.