Former Rapids - where are they now? (part 2)

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by chilistrider, Jan 14, 2008.

1. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1401 m vann, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
    http://www.empireofsoccer.com/former-watford-training-23548/

Another former Rapids GK has turned up at training for the Cosmos. No, it's not Pickens. ;) It's none other than Ian Joyce. The Cosmos have had a slew of GK's in and out of camp desperately trying to build depth. They currently have 1 GK signed.

Stuart95 and JasonMa repped this.
  2. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
  3. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He'll fit in well as the Eagles are just as concerned with proselytizing as they are winning games, not sure what their stance on hacking is. He'll probably have to find a new team next season as the Eagles are dropping to the PDL after this year (they sold the Charlotte USL PRO rights to the owners of Charlotte's MLL team).

5. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching Chivas v Chicago ob Unimas … the Ginger Ninja is wearing the captain's armband for the Fire

6. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quincy Amarikwa just scored a beautiful goal for Chicago to tie the match 2-2

7. spot

spot Member+

Nov 29, 1999
    Centennial
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was nice goal, but Kennedy looked awfully flat footed on it. Omar's on the other hand totally wrong footed the keeper.

8. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.kktv.com/sports/headlines/Switchbacks-FC-name-innaugural-head-coach-249654461.html

Former Rapid, Steve Trittschuh, has been named the inaugural head coach for the newly established Colorado Springs Swithbacks FC. Most recently, Steve has been involved, at various levels, with the CO Storm. Good choice, IMO -- local ties and a butt load of playing experience.

Oh yeah, IIRC Stevie has quite the mullet back in the day. I mean really sweet mullet that was business in the front and party in the back.

JasonMa repped this.
  9. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.nasl.com/article/uuid/lf...r-horace-james-joins-fc-edmonton#.UyNropWPLX4

Maybe the big tatted pansy Irishman, Caleb Folan, didn't realize it's cold in Edmonton and tucked his tail between his legs and scurried back across the pond. Otherwise, the NASL and FC Edmonton might have been a decent fit. I guess not!

Stuart95 repped this.
  10. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hendry Thomas, red at 90+4 for FCD v Chivas

railwaystand, m vann and Totoro repped this.
  11. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the Dallas game thread:

Rod1916 and COMtnGuy repped this.
  12. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw somewhere a rumor it will be 3 game suspension. Never bothered to go look myself, just zero interest.

13. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
  14. ~F8~

~F8~ Member

Sep 5, 2008
    grindin
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Busy MLS week for some former Rapids. Tony Cascio came on at halftime for Brad Davis and looked dangerous at times before Houston's game fell apart. There was a funny moment where he tried to dribble around Hendry Thomas, Hendry takes tha ball easily and Tony fouls him more outta spite than for any tactical reason. I wonder how many times at Rapids practice that happened...

Quincy Amarikwa had an assist in Chicago's draw. Him and Larentowicz each have two goals for tha Fire this season. Also, Koz started at RB for New York. He also got an assist but defensively had a tough day with Mr. Offsides Di Viao. New York's midfield was a shambles and their backline as a whole was torched often. Robles really kept them in it...

jayd8888 and pdid10 repped this.
  15. Alagroth

Alagroth Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Melbourne OZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see Kandji signed with HJK in Helsinki!! I have actually seen a game there. The stadium is in the middle of Helsinki, next to the Olympic Grounds. I just remember the stadium being abandoned besides a group of supporters from the home team and MyPa? Should do well there, I remember it being baddddd.

16. Soaker888

Soaker888 Member+

Feb 21, 2012
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Just saw a tweet/retweet that Martin Rivero had his rights picked up by Chivas USA.

17. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    #1417 jayd8888, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    Jimmydinho and JasonMa repped this.
  18. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beat me to it. Funny, yesterday I googled Rivero to see where he was and the only thing that I could find was a tiny article on Rosario Central that said he had been training with the club in search of a new club. I guess he found one! I wished things had worked out and we could have seen the best of Rivero. I think he has plenty to offer but we've moved on and are in great shape so I can't fault the Rapids from passing on a permanent signing. I do hope he finds success at C-USA.

19. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    I wonder if it was done through Wilmer Cabrera and how he will use him and if that is differently than what OP was doing.

20. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I almost guarantee this was facilitated by Cabrera and that he will use Rivero slightly differently. C-USA has been deployed in a 4-4-2 and it would not surprise me to see them go to a 4-3-3 with Palletier holding down the fort in the middle flanked by Rosales and Rivero. Rivero and Rosales would be pseudo #10's -- if you will. I have no idea if this is the case but potentially it could work.

21. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Q just scored goal #3 for the year (out of 6 GP) … glad the little hamster's finding his stride

Soaker888 repped this.
  22. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    kucsdat and JasonMa repped this.
  23. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
  24. aurelius

aurelius Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    My memory is that he never saved a PK in MLS...and Irwin saved one in his first game.

25. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    4th game, 3rd start. He faced one in each of his first two starts but they were both converted. It was his 3rd start at home against FSL that he saved Saborio's PK.